• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

That said, I'm not sure that we can top last year's Rollins cash-in. God, that was something special.

Seth's return is going to be hot, and he's going to have a heck of a babyface run when he does return. If you read in between the lines, Reigns/Rollins is going to be a heck of a feud when he returns.

Maybe Luger can roll down the ramp and finally get the big win.

"Naaiiicch...I did it Naaiiich. I won and I sold out Naaaiiiichhhh"

Recall

So once Reigns defeats HHH what thrilling title programs will we see?

Reigns vs Kane for at least two months. Then Vs Mark Henry for a PPV the month after.

shanafan

A lot of us are feeling unwell after last night.

Did we expect something different to happen last night?

I thought the PPV was fine last night. It ended how I thought it was going to end, so my feelings were unchanged. Jericho kicking out of the Styles Clash was a little off, and Brie Bella was terrible, but I thought the PPV overall was fine. Liked seeing Reigns and Ambrose do two powerbombs to Brock, and cover him up with table debris.

Never expect much when it's called Fastlane to just promote Wrestlemania.

And, I will be at Raw tonight and I will probably mark for Roman. I like his music.

Verendus

Banned
That said, I'm not sure that we can top last year's Rollins cash-in. God, that was something special.

Seth's return is going to be hot, and he's going to have a heck of a babyface run when he does return. If you read in between the lines, Reigns/Rollins is going to be a heck of a feud when he returns.
I'm kind of expecting Austin to be involved somewhere. Maybe he can be the referee in Reigns match. One way of making the story a little more interesting. Just need a reason that makes sense to get him in there.

Or not since WWE does whatever they want usually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know Vince is jerking it to the Big Show and Braun handicap match vs Roman for the Mania 33 main event as Roman tries to beat CM Punk's reign.

Roman wins the strap from HHH and proceeds to defend the belt to decent reactions at house shows and bad to horrible reactions at PPVs or TV.

Vince panics and brings out the big guys and tries to stack the odds against Roman reigns.

Eventually this is what main event matches look like

Maybe my Rosetta Stone is off.

Sunny, you're back! It's a new day indeed!

Thanks Brinks-Mon. It is indeed a new day. Preciate it.

Recall

I thought the PPV was fine last night. It ended how I thought it was going to end, so my feelings were unchanged. Jericho kicking out of the Styles Clash was a little off, and Brie Bella was terrible, but I thought the PPV overall was fine. Liked seeing Reigns and Ambrose do two powerbombs to Brock, and cover him up with table debris.

And, I will be at Raw tonight and I will probably mark for Roman. I like his music.

I was just expecting more out of AJ vs Jericho, it was awkward to say the least. The rest of the card was exactly as I expected.

Fox318

I need to remind myself that NXT Takeover Dallas is probably going to be incredible.

There is a reason why that Nakamura video came out right afterword.

"Look we know you fans aren't happy with the booking and current incarnation of Roman Reigns so here is Nakamura."

Fox318

Bellator "MMA Legends" x WWE Brawl for All? Yes please. Let's get Shamrock back out here.

3wFfl6P.gif

XhPGMSi.gif

Mahonay

Banned

The only matches that were good were Owens/Ziggler and the WWE title match. Everything else was trash. And even though I saw the outcome coming from a mile away, I thought they'd at least do some kind of swerve to make it easier to swallow.

As someone who is already very cool in Reigns, last night was very counterproductive. It did not improve my feelings of the Roman Reigns story line.

It's totally cool if it worked for you as it wasn't objectively terrible. But for me it does absolutely nothing. It would be very hard for me to care less about HHH vs Reigns. They have time to change that.

Oersted

Pretty much noone expected Wyatts losing to directionless Jobberville. Most of us overestimated WWE.

If you didn't, more power to you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The great thing is that there's so many easy to watch alternatives to WWE, so if you don't like it, you can find something that fits your tastes better. What a great world!

On top of that, even if you don't like WWE's current wrestling product, their original shows are very good with the exception of anything with Christian in it. What a time to be alive!

Everyone wins :)

Mahonay

Banned
The great thing is that there's so many easy to watch alternatives to WWE, so if you don't like it, you can find something that fits your tastes better. What a great world!

On top of that, even if you don't like WWE's current wrestling product, their original shows are very good with the exception of anything with Christian in it. What a time to be alive!

Everyone wins :)
If a lot of my favorite wrestling talent weren't employees of WWE, I'd find it much easier to just shrug it off.

But yes there are other good choices to watch at least.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was pretty annoyed last night. Told my buddies I won't be watching WM. But you know what, I will just to see what a shit show it turns out to be.

The great thing is that there's so many easy to watch alternatives to WWE, so if you don't like it, you can find something that fits your tastes better.

Seemingly a lot of those who hate-watch WWE won't check out any alternatives until they're on the same level as WWE and can provide a similar spectacle, a similar amount of weekly content, etc. So...never, basically, haha.

Gurrry

So after sleeping on it.. This ppv was pretty bad.

Nothing of worth even happened. There were zero set ups for the future matches (no real dean turn or roman turn, no wyatt set up with brock, etc).

Just horrible.

NXT Dallas will be the real wrestlemania.

Kaladin

The best thing that happened at the PPV was Mauro Ranallo doing the pre-show match. I was even disappointed in that though when he was replaced by Cole for the PPV.

Mahonay

Banned
Seemingly a lot of those who hate-watch WWE won't check out any alternatives until they're on the same level as WWE and can provide a similar spectacle, a similar amount of weekly content, etc. So...never, basically, haha.
I watch WWE, NJPW, LU, PWG, and a ton of classic wrestling.

WWE Network has been treating me well at least.
The best thing that happened at the PPV was Mauro Ranallo doing the pre-show match. I was even disappointed in that though when he was replaced by Cole for the PPV.
It was a real feeling of dread knowing that Cole was going to replace Ranallo for the rest of the show.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Nothing of worth even happened. There were zero set ups for the future matches (no real dean turn or roman turn, no wyatt set up with brock, etc).

Just horrible.

There are only a couple things I felt really happened:
1. Good closure for AJ vs. Jericho
2. Reigns winning to face HHH at Wrestlemania.

Everything else felt like I'll see the same matches on RAW tonight, and probably continue feuds up until Mania.

Just horrible.

I think we have our OT title.

Oersted

Just horrible.

Plot twist:

They are building up Big Show to make him job against Undertaker at Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I understand watching based on the potential promise of something awesome happening, but there's a point where it's not worth it.

The alternatives seriously will scratch your itch, people. Unless you're actually watching all WWE's content and desire that staggering amount. I don't know how people even sit through a whole Raw unless it's a special one, like the Raw after Wrestlemania.

Fortunately I don't hate-watch anything, I can drop things that aren't for me. I don't have this weird lock-on to WWE for anything. You can still be a wrestling fan and not watch WWE.

Bah! I'm preaching to the choir.

Kaladin

The alternatives still aren't as easy to access as WWE. The ones on broadcast TV like Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor or TNA are on Networks with low clearance and good luck getting back episodes for the history of it.

New Japan has some stuff on US TV but it is classic matches with US Commentary. Their New Japan World thing is still not super easy to access for US customers.

Most of the other alternatives are pay at least $9.99 per still poorly produced iPPV, or even more for a DVD that isn't iPPV.

The alternatives are out there, and maybe even worth going out of your way for, but unless it's easily available like the WWE is, the average fan isn't going to know about it or even seek it out.

Farsi

The thing about fastlane was it was suppose to get me hype WM, it didnt do that, in fact it did the opposite.

This is how you must of felt for the past couple of years then since the last good February PPV was 2009 or if you're forgiving then 2011.

Heroman

Banned
Easily.

Ranallo called a god damn Frankensteiner. That was the highlight of the night for me.
He told the shit del rio does on the ropes was name the tree of woes, a move that I seen countless times but since no one ccalls moves I had no idea what it was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, it is OKAY to criticize a product as long as it is being discussed and not just summarized into a "lol what shit" post. Some of us want to discuss the failings of the product and what we feel should be done. This isn't a false dichotomy here. We know we can talk about other products. That hasn't been up for debate. There shouldn't be this sense that we can't dislike a creative direction ANY of these products are going in and if we do we need to keep quiet about it.

Also, suggesting we can watch other products, which I'm sure many of us do, is a tad condescending. I can pull back the scope and suggest that if anyone who doesnt like to read us criticizing WWE in this thread, there are OTHER threads to explore but I don't want to do that nor should anyone feel they have to.

I say this with utmost respect to all of you here, of course :)

Sure. A lot of people just channel negative energy in here though. Not that I believe in that shit, because the soul is in the software and god is within machines, but there's a difference between posting like you mentioned, vs, well, hate-watching.

It sounds condescending but when you say "Oh you didn't like this because of X and Y? Well you should try this other thing because X and Y are COMPLETELY different and you'd find something you like" and get a "No" then you wonder...are they actually hate-watching WWE? Or do they love it, and also love feeling ignored by the product they actually lowkey enjoy?

I mean, it is OKAY to criticize a product as long as it is being discussed and not just summarized into a "lol what shit" post. Some of us want to discuss the failings of the product and what we feel should be done. This isn't a false dichotomy here. We know we can talk about other products. That hasn't been up for debate. There shouldn't be this sense that we can't dislike a creative direction ANY of these products are going in and if we do we need to keep quiet about it.

Also, suggesting we can watch other products, which I'm sure many of us do, is a tad condescending. I can pull back the scope and suggest that if anyone who doesnt like to read us criticizing WWE in this thread, there are OTHER threads to explore but I don't want to do that nor should anyone feel they have to.

I say this with utmost respect to all of you here, of course :)

i think botaaay is suggesting that people should try other products so they can find something they enjoy. people seem to be too far in the wwe bubble to the point they dont even enjoy it anymore.

only watching wwe seems bad for peoples health.

Think one day someone big from the main roster will do a main event match on a takeover for nxt? Someone like Cena, Rollins, Orton, etc. Would be interesting to have one of them vs the nxt champion.

somedevil

Some more Nakamura news:

Nakamura told WWE officials that he wants to keep doing with his ring name & Costume.

Nakamura said he already talks with the person who is making his new entrance music.

So it looks like he keeps his name and gear but is getting new music. At least he talking to the guy who is making it so he doesn't get a Samoa Joe first theme incident.

Top Bottom