• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Ithil

I watch a lot of non-WWE stuff, but because it's all out of sync with anyone else (with the exception of LU), it's not much for discussion, and I don't feel the need to lord over people what stuff I am watching that they are not.

I would encourage people to try any promotion at least once, and to ask someone who's in the know for a recommendation first, in case you accidentally pick a dud from a normally good promotion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Think one day someone big from the main roster will do a main event match on a takeover for nxt? Someone like Cena, Rollins, Orton, etc. Would be interesting to have one of them vs the nxt champion.

Certainly, looking at the trajectory of what they're making NXT into. Right now NXT is the WWE's "premium" product. NXT house shows are their real developmental.

"Oh, NXT is just developmental" is a great thing for WWE to hear, because they can take chances on people and if it doesn't work, much like that fool Elias Samson, the fans handwave it and the performer isn't held accountable.

NXT commands a premium price - 4 hours a month for $10. Easy to do.

ki88H4g.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some more Nakamura news:

So it looks like he keeps his name and gear but is getting new music. At least he talking to the guy who is making it so he doesn't get a Samoa Joe first theme incident.

Did Joey Samoey not know what he was coming out to? This is the first I've heard of it. Joey is a hardcore 40k grognard though, he has a Space Marine army built so his tastes are suspect

not really, I love the Space Marines too

Caderfix

Think one day someone big from the main roster will do a main event match on a takeover for nxt? Someone like Cena, Rollins, Orton, etc. Would be interesting to have one of them vs the nxt champion.

I don't think so. The other way around is possible and already happened (Sami Zayn vs Cena) but I don't think anyone from the main roster would be part of a NXT show, and I don't really think it'd be a good thing in case it happened.

JavyOO7

Some more Nakamura news:

So it looks like he keeps his name and gear but is getting new music. At least he talking to the guy who is making it so he doesn't get a Samoa Joe first theme incident.

Hey man... that theme was so bad its almost legendary.

edit - Its so funny watching nxt tv when that theme was around... crowd gets super hyped hearing the first few seconds of his theme... and IMMEDIATELY dying right after when they hear the rest of it. Its great.

Based on the PWI Recap podcast I'm ok with missing this PPV. I caught some of the womens tag match, but then the Network just started crapping out and shrugged.

Only thing I want to see is the Ryback/Harper spot that supposedly hurt harper.

kiguel182

PPV was predictable given the card. Nothing special. Reigns won as expected and they did it in the worst way, as expected.

Jericho kicking out of the Styles Clash seems useless given he gave up 2 minutes later. Didn't like that at all.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. The Wyatt family is a joke. How can they say they are menacing when they keep losing? Ridiculous.

Kaladin

Jericho kicking out of the Styles Clash seems useless given he gave up 2 minutes later. Didn't like that at all.

I didn't have a problem with that as it sold both the Styles Clash and the submission as finishers for Styles. The easiest way to sell a new secondary finisher is to have someone kick out of the first.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd kill for a random Nevelle match against styles on raw or Smackdown instead of the 50/50 club bullshit in the feud with his opponent.
The fact they aren't booking Kalisto vs Neville for insane US title matches shows to me that WWE is incapable of booking their talent appropriately to fit their strengths.

Fox318

How was that Ryback's fault? That looks pretty normal.

Honestly I'd say that was agent booking.

Ryback was in the tag match most of the time while Big Show and Kane just sat by the ropes.

He was probably a little gassed and didn't get harper up and Harper tried to save it by bracing himself on Ryback's shoulder with his arm.

They also abuse Harper way too much since he is the only credible worker there.

I mean Rowan and Bruan are just big guys that don't have what's needed to bump.

Caderfix

Ryback shouldn't be employeed by WWE at this point. He is dangerous as fuck.

He's dumb as fuck

I know, it's just that he's got some serious energy, he looks credible, his moves look impactful (I'm talking about the ones that don't actually break his coworkers in real life) and he's got charisma.

A rehabilitation, maybe, could make him a safe worker, and then his potential wouldn't be wasted due to dumb moves. That's a big maybe though.

But, yeah, the guy fucks up his own finisher, so I guess you're right and he's beyond recovery.

LOL I almost forgot about that podcast. Good call-out.

That fast, huh?

Asturie

The fact they aren't booking Kalisto vs Neville for insane US title matches shows to me that WWE is incapable of booking their talent appropriately to fit their strengths.

I hadn't thought of Neville vs Kalisto for some reason before, but that sounds fantastic.

It's mind blowing how they have the most talented roster they've ever had and continue concentrating on the same couple of people. I like to think things will change the raw after mania but I'm ready for another year of disappointment story wise.

Top Bottom