• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Kaladin

As we noted earlier on PWInsider.com, this Wednesday's episode of "Pawn Stars" on History will feature a WWE Hall of Fame ring coming in for a potential sale.

The ring in question belongs to Tammy Sytch, who will be appearing on the episode.

The ring is in Sytch's possession as of this writing, so we'll see how it's presented when the episode airs.

I'd be curious to see how that segment goes.

Cb1rVZ1UUAADWzX.jpg

Kaladin

Is Sunny's ring increase in value because of her lifestyle?

I dunno, but I kinda want to watch to see how what she wants for the ring meshes with what Rick thinks it is worth.

If I had to guess, she comes in wanting much more than he'd pay for it and he probably prices it similar to a NFL HOF or Super Bowl ring which I think they've had in the shop before.

Mahonay

Banned
Listening to what Meltz and Alvarez had to say about Fastlane.
Sounds like maybe I need to take a queue from Meltzer and keep my expectations for WWE in check, instead of building up these different scenarios in my mind. I would likely have a better time watching the product when I choose to.

I was expecting way worse from that Ryback move on Harper. The way the entire reddit thread was freaking out I thought he dropped harper straight on his shoulder from the top turn buckle. I can't stand the guy (generic as hell) but that wasn't THAT bad.

On the subject of The Wyatts I feel like a good set up could have been them working up to be the takeover for Taker, especially with the whole soul stealing thing. But they played that card too early and then reduced them to nothing.

Mahonay

Banned
Meltzer sounds like he's ready to quit watching WWE
Lol I just started listening, he starts out by sounding like he didn't mind the PPV at all. I'll have to see where he turns on it.

Also Alvarez commentating on Big Show clotheslining Strowman over the top rope, how WWE could be teasing those two guys as the last two people in the Andre Battle Royal at Mania this year. Meltz just says "God, that's gonna suck."

Kaladin

Who is getting the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award tonight?

Is it a work or a shoot?

If it's a work: Triple H

If it's a shoot: Daniel Bryan

Kaladin

Taker is getting it.

The tag line of "no one has deserved it until now" makes me think either Triple H as the champ going into Mania if it's a work, or Daniel Bryan post retirement if it's a shoot.

It literally couldn't be anyone else, unless they do a swerve and give it to Stephanie or someone for behind the scenes stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
The tag line of "no one has deserved it until now" makes me think either Triple H as the champ going into Mania if it's a work, or Daniel Bryan post retirement if it's a shoot.

It literally couldn't be anyone else, unless they do a swerve and give it to Stephanie or someone for behind the scenes stuff.
Kevin Dunn.

Sephzilla

Vince and others have raved about how loyal to the business Undertaker has been for ages. This is almost certainly the guys last WrestleMania, plus he's probably going to show up tonight to get his WM story going.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
the audience wants to boo Roman Reigns. Vince is giving us all what we want we just don't know it.

My guess is that Vince either thinks the audience doesn't know what it wants, or that the "audience" he cares about are the ones who buy T-shirts.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince and others have raved about how loyal to the business Undertaker has been for ages. This is almost certainly the guys last WrestleMania, plus he's probably going to show up tonight to get his WM story going.
Taker would definitely also make sense if it's a shoot.

Kaladin

I can see it if Taker is announcing his retirement after this year's Mania, but still the tag line leads me to believe they're giving the award based on more recent events.

Sephzilla

I can see it if Taker is announcing his retirement after this year's Mania, but still the tag line leads me to believe they're giving the award based on more recent events.

*Taker appears to receive award. Begins to announce his retirement. Suddenly....*

BRRRRRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH!

jmdajr

I feel pretty fortunate that I got to go to Wrestlemania 30. Last big Storyline that mattered since....probably 27.

Let's face it...Rock vs Cena was Yuuuuuge!

Sephzilla

They specifically said "nobody has deserved it until now", so something that happened recently must've warranted it.

It's either Bryan or one of The Authority.

Serious question though, what has Bryan done to deserve it besides retire before killing himself?

MoosiferX

I always have a hard time putting my thoughts into words, especially when it comes to wrestling, so I don't really post on here too often. Though every day I find myself at least stopping by to see what you all are chatting about/reacting to/getting banned for. Online wrestling communities can be pretty toxic, but you guys always make me laugh.

That said, I kind of had a realization this morning. I feel like over the last year (basically since WM 31) I've slowly stopped getting upset about WWE being crappy more often than not. I think D-Bry's retirement was the final nail in that coffin. He was really the only person I wanted to see wrestle. Now that that ship has sailed I feel at peace in a weird sort of way.

As mentioned a few pages back there's so many great alternatives to WWE, that after I watch an event like Fastlane I can just kind of chuckle to myself, think "that silly WWE", and watch something that I can get personally invested in. I'm not saying WWE is terrible, it's just that for a long time I haven't been able to get invested in the characters/drama. It's not for me right now. And it feels good to be able to think that without getting fired up.

Kaladin

Serious question though, what has Bryan done to deserve it besides retire before killing himself?

It would be a way to put over their narrative of his Wrestlemania performance being the greatest of all time. The retirement of the wrestler that gave that performance would be enough prompt to create such an award.

I was extremely upset when Jericho kicked out of the Styles Clash. Fucking why.

A lot of us are feeling unwell after last night.

This is what upsets me most. They have insanely good workers on their roster, then choose to use them in the worst ways possible.

Sounds like maybe I need to take a queue from Meltzer and keep my expectations for WWE in check, instead of building up these different scenarios in my mind. I would likely have a better time watching the product when I choose to.

I am concerned about you Mahonay

jmdajr

Main event stories going into mania that were actually Yuuuuge.

Hogan vs Andre
Hogan vs Savage
Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior
Bret vs Owen
Shawn vs Bret
Shawn vs Taker 2.
Austin vs Rock 2.
Cena vs Rock
Daniel Bryan vs The Authority.

Granted there are lots of things that became big at mania, but these are the ones that mattered going into it. Just my opinion brothers.

Top Bottom