• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Mahonay

Banned
Wow, that's fucking terrible. The Godfather is a trash character. I'd much prefer Papa Shango (since they're inducting characters instead of the person behind them) into the HoF.
The Godfather was WWE's favorite cheap pop for the Rumble for years. It's probably the only reason for this.

Zach

The Godfather to the WWE HoF.

Where I am in '98, The Godfather is just becoming The Godfather -- not quite a pimp yet, though -- and my biggest takeaway is this: New Nation sure had some cool music.

Another New Nation thought: Owen Hart is pretty bad after Bret's departure.

jmdajr

Was the Godfather a gimmick to keep him from having actual matches? Was he injured?

If so pretty brilliant.

edit: Supposedly runs a Strip Club in Vegas. Correct me if I am wrong.

shanafan

He had no memorable matches, you are correct.

Former IC champ.. does that count? :p

tumblr_nnutogtBPZ1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

Even he is unsure about the HOF entry in this pose, lol

Kaladin

The wrestling pimp who brought his prostitutes to shows.
Excellent induction to explain to the PG audience.

The Godfather was singlehandedly responsible for decreasing the unemployment rate when WWE came to town. He always provided a legit employment opportunity for the ladies of the night.

Kaladin

Is there some way the Ho Train can be worked to appear as charity work in the PG era?

If so, The Godfather might have done more charity than Cena over his career.

UberTag

So once Reigns defeats HHH what thrilling title programs will we see?

Reigns vs Kane for at least two months. Then Vs Mark Henry for a PPV the month after.
They're not going to book their chosen champion as a loser with loser opponents. That treatment is reserved for the Daniel Bryans of the world. So no Kane / Big Show feuds for Roman.

An Ambrose turn is the most likely scenario. Perhaps they buy themselves a month or two after Mania by throwing Samoa Joe at him or something.

klonere

Banned
Our hero. Our hope.

He'll be in an AJ spot in 6 months after his NXT call up. Midcard mix, some nice matches, light feuds, trading wins, passable but not outstanding. Nothing close the heights of his NJPW runs.

Do NOT get your hopes up. Do not do it.

Browny

Banned
I liked The Godfather. Guy had a decently long run, all things considered.

Also, wb Sunny. Since there wasn't an AV Rumble this year, will you do an ARMBAR the night before Mania?

And glad you're out and up, Blue.

UberTag

The fact they aren't booking Kalisto vs Neville for insane US title matches shows to me that WWE is incapable of booking their talent appropriately to fit their strengths.
For what it's worth, I would be SHOCKED if they're not in the same match working against one another at Mania. It's just going to be a spotfest match that also includes other guys.
I also wouldn't say the WWE is incapable of booking to a talent's strengths so much as they actively choose NOT to do that out of their obsession with not getting anyone outside of a chosen few over.

Fox318

Linda was doing fundraising for Jeb.

The fact that Republicans even allow her to participate in things like that is amazing.

She literately gave away 2 senate seats.

Lol the cycle continues. Its been over a decade people have been looking for a "hero"

It's been much longer. Remember 2002 when people were already clamoring for someone to save them from HHH, and then we eventually years later got Cena

And then people clamored for someone to save them from Cena and now we're getting Reigns, who people are clamoring for someone to save them from, and it looks like the only option there is HHH

When you think about it the worst thing that could have ever happened to WWE, and wrestling, was Warrior disrespecting him in that match. It showed him everything he needed to do to succeed and get himself over (at the expense of everything and everyone else including fan opinions) and he's taken advantage of it ever since

Linda was doing fundraising for Jeb.

The fact that Republicans even allow her to participate in things like that is amazing.

She literately gave away 2 senate seats.

makes sense that she'd back the candidate that ultimately wasted millions of dollars on a doomed campaign

Zach

Who is getting the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award tonight?

Is it a work or a shoot?

If it's a work: Triple H

If it's a shoot: Daniel Bryan

This is happing? Huh. Lines up nicely with the '98 RAW I'm watching where Vince McMahon is up for Humanitarian of the Year. Bah gawd, will Stone Cold and/or The Undertaker-in-sweats show up to ruin Mr. McMahon's big night?! Tune in and find out!

Top Bottom