• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Swagger's an excellent wrassler, Lesnar's time is up. He's old. Hager's got five years on him.

Also LOL at all the Steph hate. Which one of you desperately wanted Steph to get beaten up by a guy? We had a poster here who was screaming for blood, I can't remember who it was.
I'm gonna assume it was Heavy.

Zach

Swagger's an excellent wrassler, Lesnar's time is up. He's old. Hager's got five years on him.

Also LOL at all the Steph hate. Which one of you desperately wanted Steph to get beaten up by a guy? We had a poster here who was screaming for blood, I can't remember who it was.

I want her to die, does that count?

Okay, I don't really want her to die. But I really dislike watching her on TV and always have. She is the worst. Some say, the female Crush.

Yeah, dude!

(Can't wait to get to garbage time WCW.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want her to die, does that count?

Okay, I don't really want her to die. But I really dislike watching her on TV and always have. She is the worst. Some say, the female Crush.

You...why

Toki767

I am a gazillion times more hyped for Taker verse Cena than for H's vs Rain.

Still remember that one year when Taker gave Cena a tombstone and everyone thought it would lead to a match between the two at Mania and it just never happened. That was like 7 or 8 years ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder for the regulars:

I'm organizing a WrassleGAF SFV Tournament.

PM me if you're entering, make sure to give your CFN name. I'll draw up the brackets in a couple days and it's up to you all to make it happen.

Winner gets the Season Pass for SFV, if they own it, we'll figure something out.

You must be an established Wrasslegaffer to enter. I will check post counts from January to make sure nobody's coming in just to win.

If you showed up in Feb, I'm sorry, but this is what paying your dues is like. There will be more.

Let's do something that's sorely needed in this community, which is some community building and fun!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to do the SF V, but I'd hate to not show up when expected. Gaming these days doesn't happen too often.

Do it. You only need to coordinate with your opponent and report back the results. Just work it out with your opponent. It'll be easy. Cmon, we'd love to have you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How many people will be in the tournament? How long will the tournament go on for? I'd rent SF5 from Redbox to get in. Not gonna pay $60 on it right now though.

No idea. It's just a set of matches and people advance, so people have to coordinate on their own time.

Even those that don't like Ambrose, you must admit this is a better matchup for Brock than vs Bray.

Hmmm, good options. Guy who couldn't stop the almighty Kane but did eliminate Brock, or guy who already got destroyed by Brock and did a bunch of weak chair shots and didn't kick out of a finisher

UberTag

Why these things don't happen on RAW ?

Good anyway, he's not facing Brawn Strowman
We're in the "TV ratings don't matter" era.
Social media attention is where it's at.

And frankly, it's the smarter way to work angles like this because it's always been a stretch to buy that nothing of consequence happens outside of the 3-hour RAW bubble when the cameras are rolling.

Ithil

I wonder how Bray's new Streak will look by WM 38 or so. Assuming he misses one or two from injury timing, he may very well be at 0-6.

A legacy of excellence.

Ithil

The funny thing about this is that Ride Along has taught me that Dean usually rides with Roman to arenas. And Dean got out on the passenger side so I just imagine Roman on the driver's side sitting there waiting for Brock to leave.

Sounds about par for the course with how they've written this friendship.

Verendus

Banned
Reigns vs. Haitch
Joan Cena vs. The Undertaker
Ambrose vs. Barack (Street Fight)
Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles
The Wyatts vs. The League of Nations
Kalisto vs. Jericho (Ladder Match)
New Day vs. Big Show & Kane

Dare to dream. This is the card I want with the current roster, and I feel I'll get at least half right now. All that balee is paying off in spades right now. Can't stop, won't stop, will never ever stop balee'in.

We're in the "TV ratings don't matter" era.
Social media attention is where it's at.

And frankly, it's the smarter way to work angles like this because it's always been a stretch to buy that nothing of consequence happens outside of the 3-hour RAW bubble when the cameras are rolling.

I agree with you, it's a good way to work angles in our social network era. Just wonder why they refuse to work good stuff like this to fill the 3-hour RAW.

Oh hey, maybe the consequence will happen on RAW, then it'll be better.

UberTag

Now that GAF Vince is back, are we not allowed to make "I'm dumb as fuck" and "Make Roman look strong" jokes anymore?
Don't reference anything from that podcast unless you want to get a snarky ass reply to it.
In fact, you're better off pretending CM Punk never existed in the first place. Just pretend he's Chris Benoit.

Top Bottom