• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Anth0ny

Incredible. Hunter was the super asskicker, and was treated as such. Crowd ate it up.

That entire ending sequence was booked to get Roman the DBry sympathy...

I don't think it worked....

They're trying to make Roman Cena, Dbry, Rock and Austin all mixed into one

and they're failing miserably

Hmm I'm starting to think that Roman won't win at Mania. There's no way WWE would be dumb enough to have him win only to have the entire area boo him. I just don't see it happening. Mania has to end with a bang, not a whimper.

It can with Roman winning.

Just have The Rock come out congratulate Roman and Roman attack him. Setting up a potential future feud and turning him heel.

Brock jumps and F5s crowd favorite Dean Ambrose "ONE MORE TIME, ONE MORE TIME"

Heel CEOO HHH beats top babyface Roman Reigns to a bloody pulp "YAAAAAAAAAAY"

Something ain't right

Net_Wrecker, what has happened recently to make the crowds so damned bloodthirsty? Hell, they would cheer for the villain in Temple of Doom if he did a live-action heart pull!

MG310

I was going to say something about Cole yelling "The Roman Empire is on fire!" before Triple H came out..but it worked out in the end.

Ithil

Brock jumps and F5s crowd favorite Dean Ambrose "ONE MORE TIME, ONE MORE TIME"

Heel CEOO HHH beats top babyface Roman Reigns to a bloody pulp "YAAAAAAAAAAY"

Something ain't right

Brock is also a face, and they were chanting for Ambrose before the F5. In that case they love Ambrose but they love Brock destroying people too.

espher

I don't know how the Shane/Taker match will play out.

As much as I'd love to have someone shake up this Authority garbage, and as interesting as Taker going 22-2 with his opponent being revealed on 2/22 would be from a conspiracy-coincidence angle, I just can't see Taker losing this, which basically kills most of my hype for this twist in the narrative.

Unless there's some wicked swerve where he beats the shit out of Shane to the point where Shane has no chance of recovery, goes for the pin, and then lays down and basically uses Shane to pin himself, preserving the mystique while screwing over Vince out of spite for some reason... I just don't see it.

somedevil

I give them credit for going with the storyline that makes sense but they messed up Reigns character and booking so bad that people don't want to accept it.

Also, interesting here John Pollock opinion on the Undertaker vs Shane match. He isn't Shane biggest fan.

edit: Wrestlemania Card so far

Triple vs Reigns
Lesnar vs Ambrose street fight
Undertaker vs Shane hell in the cell
Sasha vs Becky vs Charlotte

Proc

I loved that finish. I particularly enjoyed the multiple face smashes to the table, followed up by visious right hands to the unprotected face of reigns.

Mocking reigns' cocking fist was also appreciated.

Owzers

I liked Ambrose and Reigns getting beat up, i don't really like either one of them still. All those rope momentum things Ambrose does are ridiculous.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I wonder if Reigns busted his nose. That thing was a fountain at the end. I wonder if the WWE was hoping that would get him some sympathy. Clearly it didn't, but I wonder if that was what they were going for.

Maybe he'll win the title and then during his acceptance speech, he tells the crowd to go fuck themselves and turns heel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Undertaker fighting on behalf of Vince makes no sense

I give them credit for going with the storyline that makes sense but they messed up Reigns character and booking so bad that people don't want to accept it.

Also, interesting here John Pollock opinion on the Undertaker vs Shane match. He isn't Shane biggest fan.

edit: Wrestlemania Card so far

Triple vs Reigns
Lesnar vs Ambrose street fight
Undertaker vs Shane hell in the cell
Sasha vs Becky vs Charlotte

That last one isn't on the card yet. They're doing a No 1 contender's match but almost everyone expects a triple threat to occur and almost everyone expects Charlotte to drop the title to one of them.

JavyOO7

Geez.

Just make Roman into a whiny bitch heel who is upset that he can't get the fans adoration. Have it be while he's a whiny fat ass he's pretty good in the ring. He can find himself through promos that way and in the ring and hopefully something clicks. But I felt really bad for him just now. Some of these hardcore markets won't give the dude a chance... but its a combo of his fault and the creative's fault.

I really hope that soon they'll be proactive with Roman's character but I doubt it. The casual markets really like Roman...

I just want to see the #1 baby face in WWE be cheered almost 100%. I guess we really are past that point?

Top Bottom