• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Crowds have always been bloodthirsty, Beef. Think back to the days of gladiatorial combat with the mythical Russell Crowe.
But how could they get over without promo time???
That's just Detroit...they probably saw worse earlier in the day.

Remember the good times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPxdnFJKTlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yCxrwyzVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVRUnyvAs8

Triple H is trying to bury talent again....damn shame.
Some days are harder for me than others when it comes to believing, Friend Yeezy.
WWE on WCW: "Lol Disco Inferno so dumb nobody cares what a joke"
WWE on WWE: "Godfather, innovative classic character. Legendary"

I wouldn't call Godfather innovative, but he was certainly a classic.

Hope I can get another free month of the network for Mania. No way I trust their stream when they couldn't even have a decent stream of Fastlane though.

RipRamsey

mLwOm0F.gif

This is the best jif I've ever seen.

bill0527

my favorite part of the ending was HHH going into business for himself by milking the chants for him

Triple Haitch has been in business for himself for the last decade and a half.

I mean my god, has there ever been a bigger opportunist in the history of any business?

UberTag

Triple Haitch has been in business for himself for the last decade and a half.

I mean my god, has there ever been a bigger opportunist in the history of any business?
You could make an argument for Hogan. But that's about it.
Personally, I think Triple H has surpassed even him.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The second Edge & Christian show was a lot better. There were definitely some misses, but overall, I found it pretty good. The Miz segment was great.

Ithil

You could make an argument for Hogan. But that's about it.
Personally, I think Triple H has surpassed even him.

HHH has managed to keep himself in check, unlike Hogan who has basically ruined himself what, two or three times now?.
So I give HHH the edge, he's been consistently on the rise for 17 years now with no big hiccups.

Dec: Reigns cheered for beating shit out of HHH
Feb: HHH cheered for beating shit out of Reigns

Hope I can get another free month of the network for Mania. No way I trust their stream when they couldn't even have a decent stream of Fastlane though.

Make a new email address you'll never use and you can make a new account/get a new free trial.

Yeah, I've done that a few times, but you think they are going to be offering Mania month free? I feel like they would shut off the free month trial program for April.
I did my free trial last year the day after Mania and was able to watch the archive

When they first launched they had the "pay for 3 months to get PPVs" but they probably abandoned it

HHH has managed to keep himself in check, unlike Hogan who has basically ruined himself what, two or three times now?.
So I give HHH the edge, he's been consistently on the rise for 17 years now with no big hiccups.

Triple H had his eyes on the prize from the start - that's why he didn't get involved in the drugs and drinking like the rest of the Clique. Now, while Hulk Hogan is trying to get a few dollars off Gawker, Triple H will be the guy in charge of one of the largest entertainment brands in the world while being seen as a hero by the smart fans who used to hate him simply because he hired some indy and foreign guys.

For all the hate Roman, remember all the guy has done is accept a push to the top - something everybody else in the locker room would do in a New York second. There are absolutely zero stories about Roman politicking or anything like that, aside from standing with the other two guys in The Shield when it came to dumb booking.

OTOH, Triple H is the guy who basically set up the Montreal Screwjob. And that was just his first act. Yet, he's the guy that's going to get a standing ovation from the smarks in Dallas in a few weeks? Really?

Cagey

Banned
WWE isn't paying Brock Lesnar nearly enough to carry Dean Ambrose to a passable Hell In a Cell match at Wrestlemania JerrahWorld.

Why must they punish Lesnar like this.

Kaiterra

Banned
Triple H had his eyes on the prize from the start - that's why he didn't get involved in the drugs and drinking like the rest of the Clique. Now, while Hulk Hogan is trying to get a few dollars off Gawker, Triple H will be the guy in charge of one of the largest entertainment brands in the world while being seen as a hero by the smart fans who used to hate him simply because he hired some indy and foreign guys.

For all the hate Roman, remember all the guy has done is accept a push to the top - something everybody else in the locker room would do in a New York second. There are absolutely zero stories about Roman politicking or anything like that, aside from standing with the other two guys in The Shield when it came to dumb booking.

OTOH, Triple H is the guy who basically set up the Montreal Screwjob. And that was just his first act. Yet, he's the guy that's going to get a standing ovation from the smarks in Dallas in a few weeks? Really?

The true Bizarro World starts here. Yeah I don't get how people can just forget IT'S GODDAMN TRIPLE H

NHL94

Banned
Wait is the Shane vs Undertaker for real? Like theres gotta be a swerve right? Like Cena is going to represent Shane or something right? I love Shane, but that cant be an actual Undertaker at Wrestlemania match right?

UberTag

The true Bizarro World starts here. Yeah I don't get how people can just forget IT'S GODDAMN TRIPLE H
Some of us haven't forgotten. Triple H is just that damn good at playing the smart mark community like a fiddle. They send him fruit baskets for crying out loud!

Wait is the Shane vs Undertaker for real? Like theres gotta be a swerve right? Like Cena is going to represent Shane or something right? I love Shane, but that cant be an actual Undertaker at Wrestlemania match right?

No swerve sir...Shane is facing Undertaker's old ass at Mania. If Shane wins, then he controls Raw.

They aren't booing Roman Reigns, the employee. They're booing Roman Reigns, the product

bless up on all of this. fuck triple h. but there is such a thing as buying good will you know. and what he's done with nxt has bought a lot of it tbh.

Lothar

Banned
The excited reactions in this thread to Shane coming back and then being announced as Undertaker's opponent for WM32 is why WWE sucks and has for years now. Vince is right to have zero respect for what his audience wants because time and time again, he can just throw whatever bullshit out there and people are all like, "ZOMG" and "This is awesome", etc.

Pseudo smarks who don't realize they're truly marks at heart.

That about sums it up. Imagine a year ago hearing that the main event of Wrestlemania 32 would be HHH as the champion vs Roman Reigns still trying and failing to be a baby face. And Undertaker would be fighting Shane McMahon. Everyone would just laugh and say no way would WWE be that stupid.

Reave

I have a feeling Taker's going to show up on Raw and decline the match, and then Vince will fight Shane instead. They won't put Taker in a heel position at Mania.

Recall

I honestly don't see a problem with Ambrose vs Lesnar.

Has more potential to do something note worthy or memorable than Lesnar vs Strowman.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shane isn't going to be wrestling a full match with Undertaker. The Cell will be locked and whoever Shane is really having fight Undertaker will come out while Shane helpfully cheats.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
soooooooooooo... what's in the box?

They were being coy about it but there's six fucken weeks until Mania, so yeah, they're going to slow roll the fuck out of what's in the booooooooooox and even if Shane loses, they never specified Shane couldn't just remove it from the box ahead of time.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
That about sums it up. Imagine a year ago hearing that the main event of Wrestlemania 32 would be HHH as the champion vs Roman Reigns still trying and failing to be a baby face. And Undertaker would be fighting Shane McMahon. Everyone would just laugh and say no way would WWE be that stupid.

WWE gives people just enough to keep watching.

I honestly wish they'd have the balls to just strap a rocket to Roman, regardless of the reactions instead of trying to come up with some convoluted bullshit to prevent another hijacking.

Toki767

Roman doesn't politic, he merely does everything he's told without batting an eye. That's his problem. If he grew a set of balls and actually fought back against what they want him to do, more people might actually be cheering him.

Top Bottom