• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
This WM season is gonna elevate HHH to the babyface levels of his 2002 MSG return by the end.

What if Roman Reign's shitty booking was a long term plan by HHH to be the biggest babyface and get the biggest pop at the biggest WrestleMania of all time?

Fucking hell, no wonder they call him the cerebral assassin.

SfT3CbW.jpg

I wonder if Reigns busted his nose. That thing was a fountain at the end. I wonder if the WWE was hoping that would get him some sympathy. Clearly it didn't, but I wonder if that was what they were going for.

Maybe he'll win the title and then during his acceptance speech, he tells the crowd to go fuck themselves and turns heel.

It's pretty much their only out at this point. Roman turning on the crowd is the only thing that makes sense.

The Undertaker fighting on behalf of Vince makes no sense

That last one isn't on the card yet. They're doing a No 1 contender's match but almost everyone expects a triple threat to occur and almost everyone expects Charlotte to drop the title to one of them.
The no. 1 contenders match will have interference, presumably from Team BAD

They'll try it once or twice and then say "ok fine, triple threat"

Ithil

What if Roman Reign's shitty booking was a long term plan by HHH to be the biggest babyface and get the biggest pop at the biggest WrestleMania of all time?

Fucking hell, no wonder they call him the cerebral assassin.
And that same weekend, he'll be the beloved boss at NXT Takeover Dallas.

HHH finally politicked in the 2010s to make sure someone wasn't chumped out by WWE booking

Shame it wound up being himself and not an NXT guy, but really this was more realistic than that ever happening

I wonder if Reigns busted his nose. That thing was a fountain at the end. I wonder if the WWE was hoping that would get him some sympathy. Clearly it didn't, but I wonder if that was what they were going for.

Maybe he'll win the title and then during his acceptance speech, he tells the crowd to go fuck themselves and turns heel.

That was absolutely what they were hoping for

They'll cheer anyone over Roman

And they'll cheer Brock over anyone

The crowd hates Roman, and Brock is the most over guy on the roster

Brock is also a face, and they were chanting for Ambrose before the F5. In that case they love Ambrose but they love Brock destroying people too.

No matter how it's worded, both of those are not good for the company longterm. As much as I love Brock, the dude's a part timer who's been built to be above the entire company x infinity (or rather the rest of the roster has been #GarbageBooked so far beneath him). They have nobody they can match up with Brock and have it really work like a wrestling feud is supposed to. Not even sure if whoever beats Brock will actually get the rub they should as this point. Would be fine if Brock was full time, but he's a special attraction out there clowning the entire roster.

Net_Wrecker, what has happened recently to make the crowds so damned bloodthirsty? Hell, they would cheer for the villain in Temple of Doom if he did a live-action heart pull!

Crowds have always been bloodthirsty, Beef. Think back to the days of gladiatorial combat with the mythical Russell Crowe.

Rewatching Shane return, and I just have to say, it's so cool to see a cooler and more youthful Vince McMahon.

WWE just isnt the same without Vince, but Shane will always be the beloved son that keeps that McMahon spirit alive.

Fox318

It's not even completely Romans fault.

I mean he didn't make chicken salad out of chicken shit but those fucking promos, the sleeping, him not being able to last more than 20 minutes, and fucking horrible booking with no real heels plus 50/50.

Toki767

It's not even completely Romans fault.

I mean he didn't make chicken salad out of chicken shit but those fucking promos, the sleeping, him not being able to last more than 20 minutes, and fucking horrible booking with no real heels plus 50/50.

If you know that you're Vince's hand chosen guy, don't agree to say crap that'll make you look stupid like "Sufferin' Suckatash"

Orton gets away with doing a ton of stupid things by telling writers to run it by HHH, who will then say no for him.

Ithil

qid2D8g.png

This is actually like one of those Deviantart fanmade matchup screens where it's some ridiculous and stupid fantasy matchup like "Goldberg vs Curtis Axel for the WWE title in a three stages of hell match at WM".

Except it's real.

I know no one actually cares about Ambrose, but where was he at during this? He could drive that vehicle from the hospital, but couldn't help out his brother? Some brother he is.

Jarrod38

qid2D8g.png

This is actually like one of those Deviantart type matchup screens where it's some ridiculous and stupid fantasy matchup like "Goldberg vs Curtis Axel for the WWE title in a three stages of hell match at WM".

Except it's real.
Might have to buy WWE Network just for WM.

UberTag

qid2D8g.png

This is actually like one of those Deviantart fanmade matchup screens where it's some ridiculous and stupid fantasy matchup like "Goldberg vs Curtis Axel for the WWE title in a three stages of hell match at WM".

Except it's real.
The image on the official WrestleMania homepage is even goofier...

201510222_WM32-keyart_MATCH_takershane_1920x1080.jpg%20--c86077f4e5a7ee3a2ea63e2d60b548a8.jpg

Now both Shane AND Taker are young. Instead of 46 and 50.

Toki767

I know no one actually cares about Ambrose, but where was he at during this? He could drive that vehicle from the hospital, but couldn't help out his brother? Some brother he is.

You missed the part where he got laid out twice in a night by Brock without Roman even so much as coming out to help him after claiming to try to contact the hospital to see how he was doing?

JavyOO7

Mil Muertes, on these first 2 episodes of LU Season 2 so far... is just so incredible sitting there like he's Shao Khan. Amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE on WCW: "Lol Disco Inferno so dumb nobody cares what a joke"
WWE on WWE: "Godfather, innovative classic character. Legendary"

You missed the part where he got laid out twice in a night by Brock without Roman even so much as coming out to help him after claiming to try to contact the hospital to see how he was doing?

Well, I'm sure Roman would have helped with that first attack if he were in the car. Dean kinda begged for the second attack, so maybe Roman didn't want Dean to look like a bigger chump.

You are wasting your time
Here we go with this dumb shit again.

Top Bottom