• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

OTOH, Triple H is the guy who basically set up the Montreal Screwjob. And that was just his first act. Yet, he's the guy that's going to get a standing ovation from the smarks in Dallas in a few weeks? Really?

Why should "smarks" hate HHH for the Montreal Screwjob? It was a great piece of business (if it was even real.) Plus, it directly made way for the Austin/McMahon Era, and all the WWE "lost" was Brett Hart, who was stale as fuck and leaving anyway.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Z6Oyx2e.png

Heel pls

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Roman doesn't politic, he merely does everything he's told without batting an eye. That's his problem. If he grew a set of balls and actually fought back against what they want him to do, more people might actually be cheering him.

I wish he could, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did that and they ended up burying him and started pushing Cena again.

Toki767

I wish he could, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did that and they ended up burying him and started pushing Cena again.

He's not showing any sort of wrestling IQ doing everything he's told. In interviews with journalists before Mania last year, he talked about how his plan in the WWE is to show up, do what he's told, and get rich.

Why would fans like something like that?

Barrage

He's not showing any sort of wrestling IQ doing everything he's told. In interviews with journalists before Mania last year, he talked about how his plan in the WWE is to show up, do what he's told, and get rich.

I dunno, they liked CM Punk, whos been a cocksucker in every interview hes ever given. Dunno why that line from Roman would be a dealbreaker.

I dunno, they liked CM Punk, whos been a cocksucker in every interview hes ever given. Dunno why that line from Roman would be a dealbreaker.

Yeah...just like his character in the WWE. That's the difference.

Roman the 'badass' and Roman the company man are completely at odds.

And guess what? Everyone can tell.

Gurrry

Just finished raw. Holy shit.

HHH is baby face confirmed. That ending, not sure if it was a shoot or a work but roman was busted up pretty good.

Also, as far as shane vs undertaker goes.. I want him to win so bad so we finally have a huge change.. but the fact that hes against undertaker basically says to me that he wont win. Which sucks, because that pop tonight was pretty fucking incredible.

Also - holy shit at that f bomb by vince in the intro. That was amazing. Does anyone know exactly what was said?

That's actually why I like him.

There's one of two things you should be if you're working in something idiotic like wrestling: smart about your role, and smart about your money. It's why I like Reigns, why I like Nash, and why I like Punk: they both fit in at least one of those roles (Punk and Nash in both), and they were upfront about it. They didn't bullshit you about why they did it; they admitted they loved it, but admitted they liked money and position too. Nash is still making as much money as you could want, still making movies, and still gets calls to come back every now and then because of how loved he is. Punk left with a lot of money and since then has added 2 years of Marvel and UFC money to it (without even doing one fight or publishing one comic). Reigns is now about to get his second year of Mania main event paycheck while some in the company won't even get a check for the show. Do what it takes to survive, and be honest about it.

Vestal

Oh I don't know maybe because he doesn't come off as a complete fucking tool when you give him a microphone? How about, because Punk could wrestle anyone in the world and make them look like a million bucks. Even though you saw that Punk was a dick, you also saw that the fucker had passion for the business something Roman has never shown.

Vestal

Just finished raw. Holy shit.

HHH is baby face confirmed. That ending, not sure if it was a shoot or a work but roman was busted up pretty good.

Also, as far as shane vs undertaker goes.. I want him to win so bad so we finally have a huge change.. but the fact that hes against undertaker basically says to me that he wont win. Which sucks, because that pop tonight was pretty fucking incredible.

Also - holy shit at that f bomb by vince in the intro. That was amazing. Does anyone know exactly what was said?

From what I could tell, that appeared to be blood capsules. Kinda telling with how that after picture looks if you see his hands.

UberTag

Here's a news flash... if Shane wins the match, there will NOT be a huge change.

He'll either immediately turn heel... or he'll do a bunch of backstage skits where he dresses down Triple H and Steph for a month or so and then either turn heel or get taken out of the equation. Like that one month Bret Hart was RAW commissioner. Or that brief period when The Authority was out of power until Rollins threatened to kill Edge.

The WWE isn't capable of doing things drastically different than they are right now.
In fact, they're soft-balling the stip by not making it "Dunn will get fired, Vince will retire and The Authority is no more".

We're just getting "Shane will take over RAW" which, if he does, will just lead to the identical subpar commentary and 50/50 booking for a bloated 3-hour RAW that we currently get each week.

UberTag

From what I could tell, that appeared to be blood capsules. Kinda telling with how that after picture looks if you see his hands.
Hence why I made the comment about wanting to see stitches. Or, hell, a laceration of some kind. We're not even getting to see a paper cut... just Roman staring at food coloring.

They have a makeup department. It doesn't have to be real.

Toki767

That's actually why I like him.

There's one of two things you should be if you're working in something idiotic like wrestling: smart about your role, and smart about your money. It's why I like Reigns, why I like Nash, and why I like Punk: they both fit in at least one of those roles (Punk and Nash in both), and they were upfront about it. They didn't bullshit you about why they did it; they admitted they loved it, but admitted they liked money and position too. Nash is still making as much money as you could want, still making movies, and still gets calls to come back every now and then because of how loved he is. Punk left with a lot of money and since then has added 2 years of Marvel and UFC money to it (without even doing one fight or publishing one comic). Reigns is now about to get his second year of Mania main event paycheck while some in the company won't even get a check for the show. Do what it takes to survive, and be honest about it.

I would probably bet Reigns' Mania main event paycheck is nowhere close to what HHH, Lesnar, Cena, Rock, Taker, hell even Shane is getting. And if they aren't getting paid a ton, you can bet they're going to demand it.

And that's where you have to know what you're worth. Reigns can't just go along for the ride all the time. He needs to be able to stand up for himself.

I would probably bet Reigns' Mania main event paycheck is nowhere close to what HHH, Lesnar, Cena, Rock, Taker, hell even Shane is getting. And if they aren't getting paid a ton, you can bet they're going to demand it.

And that's where you have to know what you're worth. Reigns can't just go along for the ride all the time. He needs to be able to stand up for himself.

He's main eventing WrestleMania for the second year in a row and needs to stand up for himself? Why? How do you know any of this?

Edit: Basically what perspicacity said.

hamchan

The crowd reaction to HHH beating up Roman is hilarious. Everyone cheering and happy that the company's planned top babyface is getting bloodied up. I was so damn happy seeing it too. HHH is the face in this feud and it's great.

The crowd reaction to HHH beating up Roman is hilarious. Everyone cheering and happy that the company's planned top babyface is getting bloodied up. I was so damn happy seeing it too. HHH is the face in this feud and it's great.

Come on now...have a heart. Roman is a family man

He's main eventing WrestleMania for the second year in a row and needs to stand up for himself? Why? How do you know any of this?

Edit: Basically what perspicacity said.

Not the first interview he's done where he makes his intentions clear, won't be the last: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam-roberts-wrestling-podcast/e/36776291?autoplay=true

It’s one of those situations where, obviously, the company’s going to do what the company does. The fans are definitely going to do what they do, and that’s what’s so great. But the fans have to realize that, as opinionated as y’all are and the way you want it, the company’s the same way. They’re going to do what they want to do. Y’all are gonna do what y’all want to do, the company’s gonna do what they want to do. Hopefully at the end of the day, I’m just the guy getting rich.

I know you guys have trouble reading more than 15 words, so I'll even make this one reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal simple for you :)
Hopefully at the end of the day, I'm just the guy getting rich.

shanafan

Just got back from Raw, and wow it was incredible show. It was deafening when Shane came out, and the chants kept going on. Really awesome stuff. I saw that someone did post a video, but Shane thanked the crowd during commercial break for a warm welcome.

Neville took a pretty hard bump into the barriers during the six man tag team match. The whole barrier shifted.

Was distracted during Brock's segment because the crew was working on the side of the Titantron for Dean's entrance in the ambulance. We knew something was going on.

Big Show got some good chants going on during the match. There was a chant for him, and then when it died down, someone yelled a curse at him and Big Show just laughed it off. The kid next to me was waving at him, and Big Show gave him a thumbs up (looked like he was looking at the kid). Big Show just seems like a super nice guy.

Yeah, this crowd hated Roman. I am not sure if TV reflects it, but he was booed during the backstage segments, toy commerials, Tap Out commercials, etc. And the crowd just ate it up when Triple H came out and just wrecked him. The "one more time" chant was hilarious. Epic cheer when Triple H raised his belt when he Pedigreed Roman on the steps.

Here are some pics. I didn't take any during the opening segment because security yelled at me for taking video during the opening pyro, so I was a little nervous to pull my phone out again.

o0dX3rt.jpg

DhpzM5B.jpg

ZrFnTk4.jpg

51WA1O8.jpg

NFTMMs3.jpg

JznBlmk.jpg

A0HL2ON.jpg

rpc4UFh.jpg

Qj59hI9.jpg

Last picture is of the guy in front of me. He had on a Becky Lynch shirt, googles, and a Diva's belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G9FcjzjoEI

hamchan the heartless likes seeing this guy bloodied up...
Touching. Trips is out of line for this

He's a man going to work unlike the shooters who are in a shoot jail working away.
I don't know what that means, but I think you were right the entire time about Trips.
Not the first interview he's done where he makes his intentions clear, won't be the last: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam-roberts-wrestling-podcast/e/36776291?autoplay=true

I know you guys have trouble reading more than 15 words, so I'll even make this one reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal simple for you :)

Um, I was mainly talking about that whole not standing up for himself shit. That quote doesn't even sound bad. He's basically saying that he doesn't control anything. Not really much there. So what if he wants to get paid. He should...Vince isn't really doing Roman any favors with these storylines.

I don't know. Plans change. Wouldn't be surprised if Taker closes the show now.
Both matches are being called main events. Roman v Trips may not close Mania though.

Kornflayx

So.....

Shane vs. Taker in HIAC and
Brock vs. Ambrose in a Street Fight?

tvVQKDZ.gif

I don't even give a shit if it's some asspull because they're desperate. I'm back in, baby

Anth0ny

Wait is the Shane vs Undertaker for real? Like theres gotta be a swerve right? Like Cena is going to represent Shane or something right? I love Shane, but that cant be an actual Undertaker at Wrestlemania match right?

If Cena is ready to go for Mania, I'm sure he'll take Shane's spot. It just makes sense. Shane is easy to replace, he can just "hire" someone to work the match for him.

For anyone who was there, what did Vince say that got censored on TV?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Both matches are being called main events. Roman v Trips may not close Mania though.

Hope they put they it up for a vote on the Award Winning WWE App on what match the WWE Universe wants and Taker/Shane beats HHH/Reigns 2 to 1, leading to the fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of LOS INGOBERNABLES DE SAMOA with Reigns and the Usos by Wrestlemania 33.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hence why I made the comment about wanting to see stitches. Or, hell, a laceration of some kind. We're not even getting to see a paper cut... just Roman staring at food coloring.

They have a makeup department. It doesn't have to be real.

Why do you keep on talking about stitches? If your nose gets fucked up not only are you gushing blood from your nose, it runs down your throat and you can spit out a nasty amount of blood if you're so inclined.

It could have been capsules though. I fully acknowledge that was a possibility.

Colocho

Banned
Just got back from Raw, and wow it was incredible show. It was deafening when Shane came out, and the chants kept going on. Really awesome stuff. I saw that someone did post a video, but Shane thanked the crowd during commercial break for a warm welcome.

Neville took a pretty hard bump into the barriers during the six man tag team match. The whole barrier shifted.

Was distracted during Brock's segment because the crew was working on the side of the Titantron for Dean's entrance in the ambulance. We knew something was going on.

Big Show got some good chants going on during the match. There was a chant for him, and then when it died down, someone yelled a curse at him and Big Show just laughed it off. The kid next to me was waving at him, and Big Show gave him a thumbs up (looked like he was looking at the kid). Big Show just seems like a super nice guy.

Yeah, this crowd hated Roman. I am not sure if TV reflects it, but he was booed during the backstage segments, toy commerials, Tap Out commercials, etc. And the crowd just ate it up when Triple H came out and just wrecked him. The "one more time" chant was hilarious. Epic cheer when Triple H raised his belt when he Pedigreed Roman on the steps.

Here are some pics. I didn't take any during the opening segment because security yelled at me for taking video during the opening pyro, so I was a little nervous to pull my phone out again.

Last picture is of the guy in front of me. He had on a Becky Lynch shirt, googles, and a Diva's belt.

We believe Vince used an f-bomb on Shane and it got censored, what did he actually say?

shanafan there is some speculation among members of this community that there may have been blood capsules utilized in the Triple H assault on Roman. From your vantage point could you see them being applied or perhaps did you even see any evidence that might suggest that they were there? Perhaps a discarded Party City bag somewhere in the timekeeper area?

Top Bottom