• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
9zaxM8W.gif
Dean out here looking like a giraffe, will probably start fighting like one too.

lykFhW3.gif

shanafan

shanafan there is some speculation among members of this community that there may have been blood capsules utilized in the Triple H assault on Roman. From your vantage point could you see them being applied or perhaps did you even see any evidence that might suggest that they were there? Perhaps a discarded Party City bag somewhere in the timekeeper area?

I didn't have an good angle since the beating happened on the other side of the ring where I sat. The titantron was turned off during this, so I just had to stand on my toes to see. So, not sure. I'm skimming the show right now.

I fast-forwarded through the New Day match, and I think the bump Neville took happened during the commercial break. Big E put on JBL's hat, and did a running powerslam to Neville into the barrier. I may have missed it during the fast forward but it was brutal.

shanafan

Sorry for double post but the kid who was given Ryback's shirt and necklace was so happy, it was cute. Saw that the camera cut away, but the kid was very happy. It was nice, lol.

shanafan there is some speculation among members of this community that there may have been blood capsules utilized in the Triple H assault on Roman. From your vantage point could you see them being applied or perhaps did you even see any evidence that might suggest that they were there? Perhaps a discarded Party City bag somewhere in the timekeeper area?

Here's the video. It was so brutal that they had to make the second half black and white.

Anyone know what kind of jacket Christian wore last night? thx.

MC Safety

There's a lot of guys who were stars we remember who aren't in:

Kurt Angle
Psycho Sid
Bam Bam Bigelow
Owen Hart
Vader
The Fabulous Freebirds
Paul Heyman
Rick Rude

Now that they're finally getting around to mostly WCW guys (probably to push shit on the Network):

DDP
Goldberg

etc. etc.

If you count people who aren't definitively retired:

The Rock
Undertaker
HHH
Batista

And obviously Vince isn't going to ever induct himself until he's dead or retired from the company and obviously Benoit is never ever happening.

The way they do it now is one BIG guy and then a bunch of randoms to fill out the "card" so to speak.

If you're inducting the Godfather, you've run out of wrestlers.

I fully expect to repeat this statement to the next wrestling fan who offers a correction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Godfather had one long segment, almost every week, that got the biggest non star reaction.

That's beyond his incredible longevity and surviving the New Generation. Plus he's Papa Shango. You want Papa Shango in your HOF. Baseball should induct him for that.

The situation with Roman is so fragile. Like, I think having Triple H come out and just wreck his shit was a good way to try and make people feel sorry for him (and hopefully eventually root for him) but then at the end Triple H fucks up and does a crotch chop and the crowd erupts. Crazy shit.

shanafan

Just watched the Roman/Triple H segment. The place was definitely louder in person that it sounded like on TV. And the "one more time" chant was huge. They must drown out the sound on TV.

And when Triple H poses with the belt on the steps, it was cheers. On TV, it sounded like it was cheers followed with boos. Can't say that was how it was in person.

KissVibes

Banned
When Sin Cara turns heel on Kalisto, I hope they have a Mask vs Title match. I then hope that after Sin Cara loses, he's unmasked as Hunico and forms a tag-team with Del Rio based around the idea that both of them killed the original Sin Cara.

The situation with Roman is so fragile. Like, I think having Triple H come out and just wreck his shit was a good way to try and make people feel sorry for him (and hopefully eventually root for him) but then at the end Triple H fucks up and does a crotch chop and the crowd erupts. Crazy shit.

Did you watch the segment? The crowd was shitting on Roman before HHH even came out. They were booing his offense vs. SEAMUS, for goodness sake. They erupted when HHH's music hit. They "Boo-Yay" chanted against Roman during the punch exchange. They erupted when HHH used the ringbell and started a "This is Awesome" and "Triple-H" chant. They "Yes!" chanted HHH slamming Roman's head into the table. When HHH pedigreed Roman on the steps, they chanted "One More Time!"

The crotch chop had NOTHING to do with the crowd reaction.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Dean out here looking like a giraffe, will probably start fighting like one too.

lykFhW3.gif

Giraffe's fighting looks hilarious, but I know for a fact that I would never want to be hit by one of those. The momentum of those heads looks vicious. I have to think if I were so inclined, I could find a video where a giraffe's neck snaps like a twig from one of those hits.

The yes chants when Roman was getting bashed on the table were hilarious, even I was taken aback by how much they wanted to see him get destroyed

Just finished fast forwarding through RAW

-Lol Roman LOL
-Crowd cheered a murder on live TV and wanted more haha
-HHH raising the belt almost had that Rock face raising Roman's hand

-Anyone have a Social Outcasts shaking hands gif
-AJ Styles keeps saving weekly WWE for me.
-Shane was great but my guess is he's not wrestling. It'll be Vince and Shane in the corner of Taker vs ??? (Cena?)
-Gillberg Chants, haha who thought it could get worse for Ryback lol
-That Sasha vs Naomi match was hot garbage.

Teeth

I appreciate this, but their editors have had way too much time to doctor out the evidence, there's even a lot of weird cuts not present on the normal broadcast. I'm hoping there's some way we can get a hold of the uncut satellite feed to get the full picture.

It's all over Daily Motion if you really want to see it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bret Hart is the biggest wrestler in the US at the end of 1997. He should have gone on to do a no brainer feud with Sting (same finishing move, who is the real world champion, helped him not get screwed) but, well, Starrcade 1997 happened.

lmao we were bound to get a new piece of revisionist history eventually but even still "the Screwjob was a good thing all along" is a hell of a twist of a spin

Did you watch the segment? The crowd was shitting on Roman before HHH even came out. They were booing his offense vs. SEAMUS, for goodness sake. They erupted when HHH's music hit. They "Boo-Yay" chanted against Roman during the punch exchange. They erupted when HHH used the ringbell and started a "This is Awesome" and "Triple-H" chant. They "Yes!" chanted HHH slamming Roman's head into the table. When HHH pedigreed Roman on the steps, they chanted "One More Time!"

The crotch chop had NOTHING to do with the crowd reaction.

I'm not saying they weren't. I'm saying that they were trying to make Roman the sympathetic face and even that is impossible. Basically the wwe is out of tricks for Roman but at this point they probably don't care. They'll just edit out the boos at Mania I guess.

Striker

What don't you understand? Those are all facts.
Bret staying and Shawn leaving would have been, without a doubt, the best thing for everyone. Austin-McMahon still happens. Whose to say it wouldn't?

-keeps Owen alive
-finishing his feud with Austin
-programs with Rock (who hated Shawn and refused to work with him), Jericho, Angle
-willing to put said guys over without making up stories how you lost your smile or threatening to get them fired

He was in no way stale and was over huge. Biggest star in the company. I have no earthly idea where you came up with that, and think Bret leaving, and not Shawn, was better for the company.

I'm not saying they weren't. I'm saying that they were trying to make Roman the sympathetic face and even that is impossible. Basically the wwe is out of tricks for Roman but at this point they probably don't care. They'll just edit out the boos at Mania I guess.

Oh, the bit I quoted made it sound like you thought everything was going to plan before HHH fucked it all up with the crotch chop.

Toki767

Luckily for WWE, sound in an open door stadium travels up.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
lmao we were bound to get a new piece of revisionist history eventually but even still "the Screwjob was a good thing all along" is a hell of a twist of a spin

I think that everyone agrees with the idea that the Screwjob was one of the most despicable things that happened during the WCW vs WWF rating wars. You also can't deny that it created "Vince McMahon"

People have thought this for a long time, it gave us the Mr. McMahon character and the attitude era. No one got hurt and everyone made a lot of money, especially by keeping up the charade for as long as they did. That's pretty much ideal booking.

Bret staying and Shawn leaving would have been, without a doubt, the best thing for everyone. Austin-McMahon still happens. Whose to say it wouldn't?

-keeps Owen alive
-finishing his feud with Austin
-programs with Rock (who hated Shawn and refused to work with him), Jericho, Angle
-willing to put said guys over without making up stories how you lost your smile or threatening to get them fired

He was in no way stale and was over huge. Biggest star in the company. I have no earthly idea where you came up with that, and think Bret leaving, and not Shawn, was better for the company.

Yeah and not to mention Shawn was gone, for several years, only a few short months after SS 97. He lost both.

shanafan

At least Byron is good for something out there.

They showed a girl with a "I Love Byron Saxton" sign on the Titantron during a commercial break.

Was funny when Cole came out, he got a swarm of boo's. But JBL got a large pop followed with JBL chants.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

I don't think Reigns/HHH is going to close the show, so while he will get a ton of boos, they'll probably throw the crowd a bone and have the Taker match last so it won't be a total disaster.

Raw after Mania is going to be brutal if he shows up though. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the show.

Teeth

I don't think Reigns/HHH is going to close the show, so while he will get a ton of boos, they'll probably throw the crowd a bone and have the Taker match last so it won't be a total disaster.

Raw after Mania is going to be brutal if he shows up though. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the show.

There is zero chance that there won't be Roman on the Raw after Mania. Unless he's hurt.

They are still making TV, regardless of the crowd reaction.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Watching the replays its pretty obvious that WWE knew HHH would get cheered from beating up Roman, it was obvious, the blood made it awesome, they have 5 weeks to make some kind of heel turn, HHH is wearing his face gear, something is up

People have thought this for a long time, it gave us the Mr. McMahon character and the attitude era. No one got hurt

No one got hurt

So in this fantasy land we're also retconning Owen?

Because post-Screwjob, Davey Boy and Neidhart left too. Owen was the only one left. Everyone knew WCW didn't want him. WWE was all he had.

After the Nation fizzled out, he had nothing left and they saddled him with the Blue Blazer gimmick, with his job on the line if he refused. We all know how that ended. It's flatout erroneous to suggest nobody was hurt by the Screwjob. I'll go on record saying if no Hart family member leaves because of that shit, Owen's alive (if not today) longer than 1999, because it's one of the most adamant things I believe after reading/watching/following all the bullshit this company's done and tried to sell people for decades.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny thing is they could have gone behind Owen as WWF's version of crow stang, and they kinda did putting him against HHH...only the fans did get behind his haitchness.

The screwjob had nothing to do with Owen. But okay if we want to play crazy hypotheticals then yes I would prefer he not be dead. Maybe that somehow stops Benoit from killing his family too.

There is zero chance that there won't be Roman on the Raw after Mania. Unless he's hurt.

They are still making TV, regardless of the crowd reaction.

Bryan didn't get a week off from his similar beatdown. If Reigns does, then holy shit, the fans have them legit shook for the third year in a row, and that's beyond sad no matter how you feel about Reigns.

Top Bottom