• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

klonere

Banned
This is a company that has done absolutely nothing to try and build a main event heel since Rollins went down (no Sheamus doesn't count). Where are the heels?

I'd argue that they were doing a pretty terrible job with weasel coward can't win a match ever Seth Rollins but when he went down they just threw up their hands, said "Fuck it!" and gave up.

They have one chance with Rollins to make a huge massive babyface/heel and I'm trying not to fantasy book stuff in my head to excite myself but goddamn if it isn't hard.

I know they'll fuck it up but I'm excited anyway.

Kaiterra

Banned
I still can't. Just. Hahahaha. Shane vs. Taker HIAC. What the hell. Hahahahha--

110.gif

Wait, people are actually hype for that? Folks deserve shitty part timer dominated booking.

UberTag

Early on I was on board with Naomi deserving more of a push than she was getting when she started wrestling but after all this time I've yet to see her do anything other than start doing a stupid move as a finish, I honestly can't remember her having a good singles match. Maybe it was on Smackdown or one of the hour long shows WWE doesn't care about so that's why so many still think she's some great performer. *shrug*
The only thing that interests me about Naomi is how distracted Bryan Alvarez gets talking about RAW when she's dressed provocatively. Never fails to crack me up.

At least with a four way each person has someone to actually work with, Paige would probably be the best candidate to move into that spot and have them all work together at house shows the next few weeks to get it down.
Considering that she just lost clean as a sheet to Summer Rae (before getting her 50/50 win back on Main Event) that's clearly not in the cards.

Then there's Dean, I don't know... I just continue shaking my head with the direction he's has gone in the last two years from the stupid left over DX paint in Seth's MITB briefcase to jobbing to a stupid TV pyro thing to Roman's lil'buddy and his move set that drives up up a wall I'm starting to sour on him and it's not entirely his fault, that pre-show beat down wasn't even that brutal but they have him doing the incredibly obvious ambulance return thing only to drag himself as if he's near death. If their match doesn't recycle the Austin/Bret finish with Brock beating the shit out of him but Dean not staying down then, pffffffft. There's no way Dean is going over Brock with the way they've made him look over the last several months.
I still can't recall Dean winning a single feud except against Owens. That's like the only one. That trend's not about to change.

GunBR

So WWE saw Kimbo/Dada5000 and said "We can do one better! Maybe some will actually die!".

How the fuck can you be excited about a 46 year old non-athlete businessman who hasn't been active in ring since forever against a 50 year old broken down, concussion addled tall guy?

Fucking hell. Nostalgia overpowering people's minds here.
I'm more excited with what will happen at Raw if Shane win

Taker Vs Shane? That's just sad. If the storyline is
Shane gets someone like Cena to wrestle in his place
then that would be better.

Back in the day I would be a lot more excited about this match. Shane was always entertaining int he ring. A good wrestler? No. But he was entertaining.

Now I don't know what to expect but I will be even more nervous about him taking the ridiculously big bumps he's known for. There is no chance in hell he is going to be able to put on the type of match he would have 10-15 years ago.

He needs to call out Goldberg.

Shane has to win, raw after Wrestlemania is the real event and we're going to see some big changes.

If Shane doesn't win the night after is going to be the biggest Triple H/Stephanie shit fest ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think that everyone agrees with the idea that the Screwjob was one of the most despicable things that happened during the WCW vs WWF rating wars. You also can't deny that it created "Vince McMahon"
Look up McMemphis, Vince did it before, just on a smaller scale in Memphis.

UberTag

I'm more excited with what will happen at Raw if Shane win
You ought to know better than that.

Shane has to win, raw after Wrestlemania is the real event and we're going to see some big changes.
This company never changes.

Don't forget the ever-popular celebrity guest hosts who show up to shill their crap and book matches inexplicably (amazingly enough, they all book the exact same way).

021114-betty-white-wwe-primary-1200x630.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

We'll get a Jon Stewart guest commissioner gig, at least. That'll be fun.

SHANE O MAC IM MARKING OUTTTTTTTT
I haven't posted in this thread in a while because I've been pretty down on WWE.

But yeah, I'm legit shook by this turn of events. I love Shane. I saw him at Backlash live in 2001 do the leap of faith onto Big Show. Shane is awesome.

UberTag

But yeah, I'm legit shook by this turn of events. I love Shane. I saw him at Backlash live in 2001 do the leap of faith onto Big Show. Shane is awesome.
This is not Shane McMahon's first foray in a Hell in a Cell match. This is what Shane looked like after his previous Hell in a Cell encounter in 2006 (I witnessed this carnage in person).

e9d1c1988c0.jpg

Rutti

Yesterday I thought about skipping WM. My network subscription runs out tomorrow and I thought I could binge watch NXT later.
But in one day WWE made me reconsider. While Shane vs Undertaker isn't going to be a good match (if it even is just between them) at least it has storyline behind that is interesting. And Brock vs Dean got better build up in one episode than I thought possible from this company. Additionally it would be nice to see Takeover Dallas when it happens.

Just another comedy segment on RAW

Lol!

Because they thought it would get Roman sympathy and get heat on HHH.
And it backfired? Damn. I have been doped up so I fell asleep on it last night.
Can you imagine them letting Seth have a one man no retaliation beatdown on Roman, making him bleed, then have Seth taunt and cackle going off the air?

I can't.
Nope. He gets that treatment everyone else got befpre watts came over

darkbanjo

I'm in two minds over the whole Shane McMahon bit. It was a great opening to Raw, no bout, and exactly what was needed after Fastlane.

That being said, it really seems like it's just a last-minute set-up for a WrestleMania match to appease hardcore fans that are going to shit on HHH vs. Reigns. The big stakes set up last night aren't really going to matter — which is disappointing, because there's so much potential for a big brand split or a massive summer angle.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Max Landis had a hand in this. There's something about the 'reality' aspect of it (Shane going in on the business being on the gutter, the lockbox MacGuffin) that really sounds like booking ideas he's shared on YouTube etc.

klonere

Banned
Wrestlering jurnos need to have some fun. Had to shut review a raw off after, Pollock shit on shane

Pollock's real day job is covering MMA so after having to talk about the near death of Dada5000 I think he wasn't ready to accept Shane O Mac having a match in the year of our lord 2016.

Plus Shane's return does nothing to fix fundamental issues with the show....yet.

imBask

Banned
I was fucking lied to.

First 20 minutes were awesome and must-see, because HOLY FUCK that's awesome.

The remaining 2 hours were shit and I feel bad for wasting my goddamn time, there was no reason to watch the entire 3 hours of Raw, it was the same-old-shit.

Shane O-Mac yay, everything else nay.

Shane came out, I marked out, then Neville came out and Cole said it was a 3 on 3 tag team and I shut it off.

i'll watch the final segment right now online, RAW is a sad fucking show

Hey guys how was ra...

Oh Shane is back.

Oh he's going to be in a hell in a cell at mania vs taker

So this is what we've come to? Live murder?

Sure, fuck it. Bring back gladiator matches.

Zach

So Shane McMahon is back. Great if it leads to actual change -- specifically no more heel authority figure for years. I'm guessing that won't happen though and you'll all regret your premature celebration. Mwahahaha!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see why people are so puzzled why HHH is working as a face. It's what he is.

KingBroly

Banned
So Shane McMahon is back. Great if it leads to actual change -- specifically no more heel authority figure for years. I'm guessing that won't happen though and you'll all regret your premature celebration. Mwahahaha!

I think they're going to try and pull an audible.

Mahonay

Banned
Top Bottom