• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've never worked with Shane so I have no idea what kind of direction he will take things backstage. Does anyone know, with sources confirming this and not bullshit imaginary quotes of things he pushed for and got?

Mahonay

Banned
I've never worked with Shane so I have no idea what kind of direction he will take things backstage. Does anyone know, with sources confirming this and not bullshit imaginary quotes of things he pushed for and got?
I mean the big vision he had that for WWE.com that was roughly similar to NXT was legit I believe.
Imagine if raw was 1 or 2 hours.

Everyone would be talking about how the show was great.
2 hours would be perfect.

Now that Vince will be involved with this Shane stuff I wonder if that means he will stay away from the Roman / Triple H storyline and match at WM.

Or maybe he does both and they pull a WMX7. I could actually see Vince helping Roman after Shane loses. Make it like he is pushing Triple H out to get his control back. Roman goes heel. lol.

Now that Vince will be involved with this Shane stuff I wonder if that means he will stay away from the Roman / Triple H storyline and match at WM.

Or maybe he does both and they pull a WMX7. I could actually see Vince helping Roman after Shane loses. Make it like he is pushing Triple H out to get his control back. Roman goes heel. lol.
I think that Taker wins at Mania but the next ppv Taker is actually team Shane.

Mahonay

Banned
I always think how much it sucks for him that he has to go through the crowd.
I think just having him come out normally through the stage entrance would be better for him all around right now.

Still can't believe Shane is back. It was one of the crazier "things that could help turn RAW around" ideas for a long time now.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I know he's not supposed to be back, but I can't see the main event working without some kind of involvement from Rollins...Unless the plan is to actually have HHH be the face going into this.

Mahonay

Banned
I honestly think Roman looks more bad ass just coming out the normal stage entrance. When he comes down through the crowd it's just so fucking lame at this point, it makes me immediately not want to take him seriously.

I saw the YouTube clip of the ending of Raw and I have no idea what is happening. I get what people are thinking - fuck Reigns, Triple H beat the shit out of Reigns so we like him.
But what exactly was WWE trying to accomplish last night? It looks like they were trying to make Triple H a baby face, but his wife isn't a baby face and Reigns isn't a heel either. They're not "written" that way.
The whole thing kind of makes no sense. What do they want us to feel?

Mahonay

Banned
I know he's not supposed to be back, but I can't see the main event working without some kind of involvement from Rollins...Unless the plan is to actually have HHH be the face going into this.
I imagine there's going to be some crazy run-ins, it just won't be Rollins unless he's been secretly almost fully recovered.

The more I think about the Shane pop + Taker match announcement the more I'm not interested in the match. Hopefully it can turn int something where it's Shane being able to pick someone for the spot, but if not ::collar tug::.

Raw64life

The more I think about the Shane pop + Taker match announcement the more I'm not interested in the match. Hopefully it can turn int something where it's Shane being able to pick someone for the spot, but if not ::collar tug::.

The match is guaranteed to be loaded with shenanigans from start to finish. No less than 5 people interfering in the match.

Ok. Random thoughts.

Hypothetically lets say Shane is back permanently and this is something like Vince getting him back in the company before he retires because family and whatnot. What the hell does Shane do and how does he fit in with the current structure?

Always felt like the idea of Triple H as the on the road gorilla position / talent guy and Stephanie back at Titan Towers doing business and big picture stuff was the natural post Vince direction. Shane never had a thing. He worked on the website for a while but that felt like more like they just wanted to give him something to do because Stephanie already outclassed him in everything involving running a wrestling company.

Alucard

Banned
Ok. Random thoughts.

Hypothetically lets say Shane is back permanently and this is something like Vince getting him back in the company before he retires because family and whatnot. What the hell does Shane do and how does he fit in with the current structure?

Always felt like the idea of Triple H as the on the road gorilla position / talent guy and Stephanie back at Titan Towers doing business and big picture stuff was the natural post Vince direction. Shane never had a thing. He worked on the website for a while but that felt like more like they just wanted to give him something to do because Stephanie already outclassed him in everything involving running a wrestling company.

TV personality? In the never-ending McMahon passion play?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The match is guaranteed to be loaded with shenanigans from start to finish. No less than 5 people interfering in the match.
... what if the Bullet Club interferes on Shane's behalf?

Someone on Uproxx floated that and I love that idea. Hell, have them interfere in the Triple H/Roman match too, knock them both out and Styles steals the belt.

Nobody will complain about that, have the Bullet Club align with Shane and oppose the Alliance/Corporation/whatever it's called.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean the big vision he had that for WWE.com that was roughly similar to NXT was legit I believe.

I remember hearing he was a big WWE.com guy in the early days. Creatively, I wonder if he's...I wonder completely.

Hex

Banned
Fam....I had the most fucked up and amazing dream last night.
I dreamt that Vince and Steph were in the ring for their usual gimmickery and then out of nowhere "Here comes the monaaaaaaaaay" hit and out came Shane O Mac.....
It was fucking awesome...

Someone on Uproxx floated that and I love that idea. Hell, have them interfere in the Triple H/Roman match too, knock them both out and Styles steals the belt.

Nobody will complain about that, have the Bullet Club align with Shane and oppose the Alliance/Corporation/whatever it's called.

I dunno. BalorClub always seemed like it needed to be a Triple H thing.

A Shield 2.0 "The Arsenal of the Authority" kind of thing. "Triple H's firing squad". They need to find a way to have a sick gun and skull logo.

I can see Taker aligning with Shane by the end of RAW after Mania and this is all leading to some giant tag match.

Do the Taker / Shield beat down angle again that went nowhere bceause Taker busted his ho

Mahonay

Banned
Ok. Random thoughts.

My feeling is, anyone coming in with fresh ideas is a good fucking thing right now. Shit has been dreadful. I don't really care about what kind of actual qualifications Shane has for this kind of role. He's a person that will actually be allowed to voice his opinion and to do some different things.

This biggest issue has been's Vince consolidation of booking and story control. Everyone has been just doing things exactly the way they know will appease Vince. Or if they do have any new ideas to present it either gets completely ignored, or they get shit on and sent further down ladder

Shane is family so he will be allowed to have an actual roll in creative.

Pikma

Banned

I think we have to accept the fact that none of the new signings will be showing up until after WM, neither will any of the NXT guys. The only one with a remote chance of showing up is Sami but that's because he already has a story waiting for him in the main roster.

Syder

It's a shame Roman's ring gear is so bear. If he was wearing like a vest or trousers or had gloves he could hide a capsule somewhere.

...Oh, wait.

Mahonay

Banned
I hope someone backstage will show Shane some footage of Ranallo's commentary work in WWE so far, maybe get a little push for him to be one of the main guys for RAW and PPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My feeling is, anyone coming in with fresh ideas is a good fucking thing right now. Shit has been dreadful. I don't really care about what kind of actual qualifications Shane has for this kind of role. He's a person that will actually be allowed to voice his opinion and to do some different things.

This biggest issue has been's Vince consolidation of booking and story control. Everyone has been just doing things exactly the way they know will appease Vince. Or if they do have any new ideas to present it either gets completely ignored, or they get shit on and sent further down ladder

Shane is family so he will be allowed to have an actual roll in creative.

That's a good point. We do all assume any change will be good, and it probably will, but I just don't wanna put all my eggs in one basket.

Hey, new Lucha Underground tomorrow! Fuck yeah, can't wait. Has anyone seen the card?

Kaladin

I think Shane coming in as a new authority figure will be a fresh change of pace.

I just hope he can still wrestle like he used to. He took some of the most amazing bumps I have ever seen back in the day, but he ain't no spring chicken anymore.

I wish we could get J.R. back to call Hell In A Cell. We'd get at least one "By God he's broken in half.".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean my biggest fear is that Shane being back changes nothing in the end. I'm fully aware that's a likely outcome.

Which we'd get anyway without him being there, so there's some positivity. Some potential. Somewhere.

Fox318

I'm going to the ROH PPV on Friday.

Filthy Tom Lawler just leaked that Meltzer is going to be there.... Omg omg omg omg Meltz!!!!

tumblr_inline_nheq2c79fB1svgeqw.png

Sephzilla

Yerp. I'd be fine with them using this for now on whenever they want some color.

I'd say they need to make their blood mixture look a little darker though. Roman's "blood" last night looked a little too bright red to be real, at least in my opinion. Nothing that took me out of the moment or anything, but just being nitpicky.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm sure the likes of Bill Watts and Ole Anderson are having a fucking meltdown that they're using blood capsules in wrestling now.

Top Bottom