• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

I mean my biggest fear is that Shane being back changes nothing in the end. I'm fully aware that's a likely outcome.

That's how i was feeling. I got legit excited when I saw him walk out, but once he started on the "running into the ground" stuff I just knew they were placating to the smarks. All you need to know about the crowd being into what's going on is watch the segment again and pay attention to when the Mania match is announced. The whole crowd dies and even Vince looks shook at how bad the crowd bottomed out.

Sephzilla

Yeah I don't get why people suddenly can't figure out why Taker would agree to this match. Vince's character has final booking power and he can order Taker to do the match. It's not like the exact same thing happened that night on Raw when Steph ordered Roman to fight Shaemus.

Hex

Banned
Better a capsule than a blade job.
Looking back at the scar tissue from the icons of the NWA/AWA/WCCW/WCW days...nobody needs that anymore.

Raw64life

Yeah I don't get why people suddenly can't figure out why Taker would agree to this match. Vince's character has final booking power and he can order Taker to do the match. It's not like the exact same thing happened that night on Raw when Steph ordered Roman to fight Shaemus.

Then why doesn't Vince make Taker wrestle more often? Could sure use him around with all the injuries.

FyreWulff

Then why doesn't Vince make Taker wrestle more often? Could sure use him around with all the injuries.

because Taker is literally just a Wrestlemania exclusive wrestler at this point, has been for a while. It's accepted "canon" even though they never literally say it out loud.

Mania is:

da belt
da grandest stage of them al
da one on one with da undertaka

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to walk into an important meeting one day and have Here Comes The Money play when I do so.

That theme song is stupid and rolls back to awesome once the guy starts rapping.

Jerm411

So after the end of RAW, why the fuck would anyone want to see that match at Mania now lol?

HHH playing the babyface role and completely just lapping it up was quite hilarious as well...this whole thing is a dumpster fire that you can't take your eyes off of.

Zach

Two things (and they've probably been addressed -- sorry!):

1.) This is weird because The Undertaker is a good guy still (right?) but what do you think the chances are of Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! running in to help Shane pick up the win?

2.) Is there still time to book Patterson/Brisco vs. the Mean Street Posse?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I'd say they need to make their blood mixture look a little darker though. Roman's "blood" last night looked a little too bright red to be real, at least in my opinion. Nothing that took me out of the moment or anything, but just being nitpicky.

it depends on type of wound if it was a deep cut the blood would be a deeper red, since his face got smashed against the table one could assume it was a broken nose, which would result in a lighter colour. In the moment it looked brutal and great esp with the fans cheering. After when there was pic of it dried on his hands and a towel on his head it looked like koolaid lol

However even though capsule I am glad they made it look gruesome and more mature, i think its what the program needs to appeal to a different audience as well.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I completely lost my shit for the entire Shane segment. I went from having little interest in Mania to being so fucking hyped in an instant. HERE COMES HE MONEY!

Also I love that they're doing Brock vs Ambrose. That could be pretty good actually.

So is Trips the face of this feud or what? The crowd certainly seems to think so.....

Sephzilla

it depends on type of wound if it was a deep cut the blood would be a deeper red, since his face got smashed against the table one could assume it was a broken nose, which would result in a lighter colour. In the moment it looked brutal and great esp with the fans cheering. After when there was pic of it dried on his hands and a towel on his head it looked like koolaid lol

However even though capsule I am glad they made it look gruesome and more mature, i think its what the program needs to appeal to a different audience as well.

Yeah, in the moment that whole bit looked brutal.

I completely lost my shit for the entire Shane segment. I went from having little interest in Mania to being so fucking hyped in an instant. HERE COMES HE MONEY!

Also I love that they're doing Brock vs Ambrose. That could be pretty good actually.

So is Trips the face of this feud or what? The crowd certainly seems to think so.....

It's probably going to mirror the Bray Wyatt/John Cena feud where the crowds were dominantly in favor of Bray Wyatt but announcers pretended Cena was the fan favorite.

Anyone else think this lockbox thing is very complicated and dumb?

Was hoping Shane had an ironclad claim to the company in Vince's will which could only be changed by a Wrestlemania match

Jerm411

Was hoping Shane had an ironclad claim to the company in Vince's will which could only be changed by a Wrestlemania match

I think the entire thing is batshit dumb and hilarious but they need something with buzz going into a lackluster WM which is being billed as the biggest ever.

Its gonna be something stupid like Stephanie is actually adopted. Something that is "shocking" but changes nothing. I can see it a mile away.

GunBR

Well, the crowd is cheering for a guy and booing the other one. If we get this at Mania, everything will be fine
Let's just forget that WWE wants the opposite reaction

BFIB

It would have been amazing if Shane would have come out and said something like "Sorry Dad, but you've left yourself open. You thought you had no competition, but you do. I secretly negotiated rights to Smackdown, and since I still own the rights to WCW, Nitro is returning on Thursdays. Oh, I also raided your talent, as I learned from the best, and Nakamura seems to have not "officially" signed, as well as a few in NXT who are looking for an opportunity. Competition is back....Dad. WCW Thursday Nitro launches after Wrestlemania."

Striker

It would have been amazing if Shane would have come out and said something like "Sorry Dad, but you've left yourself open. You thought you had no competition, but you do. I secretly negotiated rights to Smackdown, and since I still own the rights to WCW, Nitro is returning on Thursdays. Oh, I also raided your talent, as I learned from the best, and Nakamura seems to have not "officially" signed, as well as a few in NXT who are looking for an opportunity. Competition is back....Dad. WCW Thursday Nitro launches after Wrestlemania."
But that would invoke creativity on their part. Or care.

Caderfix

That would be awesome and I wish it would have happened, so of course it didn't and won't.

Sephzilla

That's way too much continuity for WWE though. That being said, Shane coming back and pulling the "I still technically own WCW" card would have been great.

GunBR

With Shane back it would be the perfect opportunity to split Smackdown and Raw again

But with the ratings declining, they won't split the wrestlers in two brands.

Sephzilla

With Shane back it would be the perfect opportunity to split Smackdown and Raw again

But with the ratings declining, they won't split the wrestlers in two brands.

They don't have the roster to support a brand split, even if the roster was at full health.

KingBroly

Banned
Are we sure Shane is back with the company longterm, though?

Like...this match, the idea of it. Put it on last. Make it the Main Event. It's the most interesting match for WWE IN YEARS. Like...it's Shane...versus The Undertaker. Like...what? I want to see Shane win, but...it's Taker at Mania.

klonere

Banned
They don't have the roster to support a brand split, even if the roster was at full health.

Steph and HHH are kicked off Raw. They have to go and concern themselves with Smackdown, they steal a few guys from Raw, nobody special. Maybe they get one big name, like Seth or Brock.

But Hunter is like, I got this thing, I've got a whole promotion of guys and girls who are my guys and girls to the end. lets call up a few of those people. This guy Finn, he's great your gonna love him, a bit short but your gonna love em.

Man I have got to stop thinking about this shit I am getting way to excited about stuff that could never ever happen.

Like...this match, the idea of it. Put it on last. Make it the Main Event. It's the most interesting match for WWE IN YEARS. Like...it's Shane...versus The Undertaker. Like...what? I want to see Shane win, but...it's Taker at Mania.

I just listened to the Observer podcast and it doesn't sound like anyone knows Shane's role yet. Meltzer said that it was significant that HHH wasn't out in the beginning but I'm pretty sure that's because he's working face now and didn't want to be involved Steph and Vince.

Caderfix

Taker will let Shane win so he can rest in piece knowing that the company he helped to build is in good hands.
This would be stupid, but I'd actually like it lol

Highly doubt Shane's longterm. He's gotta be a part timer like everyone else. He knows ratings are hurting, everyone's hurt and there's no one else to step up and make a impact.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel stays winning, #CapsuleGate calls everything previous into question as well. Heel was right all along.

Alucard

Banned
Shane and Undertaker is an attraction match. That's all it has to be for Wrestlemania. Are you curious? I think most people are. I told a friend of mine about it who's been out of wrestling for over a decade, and he said "Shane O Mac? Heck, even I'd be interested in seeing that."

Any speculation beyond Mania is pointless at this moment in time unless otherwise stated and confirmed by reliable sources. For now, Shane's appearance on Raw last night has generated buzz going into Wrestlemania, which is great for the WWE. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

KingBroly

Banned
I think people missed one great thing about Shane's return last night.

JBL's call of 'Shane's come back to support his sister.'

I hate JBL's commentary, but he sometimes has moments of Gold like this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait HHH is working face? What?

And did Shane leave his other company or what?

Yeah HHH is working face. I don't believe Shane left anything.

Only gaf sees HHH as a heel. Even if he tried he's always a face. Last time he was heel was pre marriage days

Nah that was Danny Bryan's time when HHH was a heel

HHH is clearly face here, now, though.

Top Bottom