• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Sephzilla

Cmon, they have Max Landis on staff.

6xQx9YT.gif

Sephzilla

Max Landis did propose a Man of Steel sequel / Justice League pitch that sounds way more interesting than Batman v Superman, though. The guy can actually put out some good ideas when he isn't acting like an entitled little shit. His Wrestling Isn't Wrestling video also retroactively made HHH a more interesting character.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Okay, I can see the "HHH is the face" angle from this perspective. However, Roman speared HHH because HHH is the heel authority figure who had been screwing over other people before Roman was a title contender, plus Roman and HHH have a feud dating back to The Shield vs Evolution (where HHH was the heel). So you could say that Roman spearing HHH was a continuation of that feud as well as Roman not wanting to play ball with the powerful heel faction.

Here's why it doesn't work for Reigns in my opinion, if there is a real life "authority" Reigns is their guy. It just rings hollow Reigns being the anti-establishment guy. Much like when Punk pointed this out about Cena. I really do think Reigns would be better served as a heel. He should be the bad ass that the authority sics on people. With how much they hide Reigns in longer matches, he would be much better off doing run ins and fucking shit up.

kiguel182

Cena was at least over with the entire crowd as singles competitor for a couple of years.

Roman's big singles push really began at last year's Rumble... where he was booed out of the building. Since then, reactions have been mixed to negative the majority of the time, with some positive reactions here and there.

It blows my mind, but they have their mind set on the guy. Nothing is going to stop them.

Yeah, it's way worse than Cena was. I was referring to the infamous HHH vs Cena match where HHH was the clear favorite despite being a heel.

Sephzilla

I wonder if Amell and Cody will do a thing at mania. Maybe add a stipulation that he drops the stupid stardust thing and goes back to how we all knew and loved him.

Amell - "If you want to fight The Arrow at WrestleMania you have to agree to one stipulation. If you lose, you become Cody again"

This way we get Amell in-character as Oliver Queen at WrestleMania and then we get Cody Rhodes back afterwards.

FgkBtQu.gif

Isn't the pop HHH keeps getting no different from other Babyface Heels (Austin, Rock)? He's supposed to be the bad guy and keeps taking down the good guy, but the crowd is cheering for the bad guy.

Yes, HHH is a heel but the crowd is 100% cheering him on as a babyface

Sephzilla

I enjoyed it for the most part, but I hated how he was drinking during it. You could just tell it was for no reason other than to say "Look how cool I am, I make my own rules and that means being a cool beer drinking cool dude"

Landis's thing is that he gets buzzed/drunk and then tries to recap stories that way (that's where the narration comes from). He did the same thing for an old recap of the Knightfall Batman saga and also the Death and Return of Superman.

Zach

Isn't the pop HHH keeps getting no different from other Babyface Heels (Austin, Rock)? He's supposed to be the bad guy and keeps taking down the good guy, but the crowd is cheering for the bad guy.

Everything's going as planned according to my sources.*

*Sources: NeoGAF Vince McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you hate fun, damnit!

srsly though - that video made me retroactively like the HHH character a bit more

I enjoyed it for the most part, but I hated how he was drinking during it. You could just tell it was for no reason other than to say "Look how cool I am, I make my own rules and that means being a cool beer drinking cool dude"

I'm gonna admit something for the first time

there's a quote in it that I agree with.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Amell - "If you want to fight The Arrow at WrestleMania you have to agree to one stipulation. If you lose, you become Cody again"

This way we get Amell in-character as Oliver Queen at WrestleMania and then we get Cody Rhodes back afterwards.

FgkBtQu.gif

I hate this idea because I've had enough Cody and Stephen Amell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think the pop he's getting is the pop he gets for opposing an extremely unpopular character as opposed to just being a hot character - they certainly booed HHH portraying a 100% identical character when he doing the same storyline with Daniel Bryan, and against Sting and even in the "Cena hates the authority" angles prior to last year's Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Landis's thing is that he gets buzzed/drunk and then tries to recap stories that way (that's where the narration comes from). He did the same thing for an old recap of the Knightfall Batman saga and also the Death and Return of Superman.

Sounds like his "thing" is addiction.
p55GCuS.gif

kiguel182

Last Raw we also got a "WWE has more followers than this american sports" vignette. Which made me laugh at how WWE still likes to compare themselves to sports AND specifically american ones when they are a much more global company.

WWE trying to pretend they are a real sport always makes me laugh.

Angry Grimace

Wrestling isn't Wrestling glosses over the Kliq and WCW, so it's validity is moot dammit!

Wresting Isn't Wrestling was a lot of fun. I don't really know why or how you would get angry at it unless you take wrestling deadly seriously or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last Raw we also got a "WWE has more followers than this american sports" vignette. Which made me laugh at how WWE still likes to compare themselves to sports AND specifically american ones when they are a much more global company.

WWE trying to pretend they are a real sport always makes me laugh.
Haha, yeah I know what you mean. All that does is embarrass themselves

Bandini

They do have more followers than Game Of Thrones but fall short of The Walking Dead. Their social media presence is pretty impressive, regardless of their dumb comparisons.

I suspect the anonymity of social media has a lot to do with this. I've never heard anyone at work talk about wrestling, while I hear chatter about GoT and Walking Dead all the damn time. Wonder how many closeted fans there are.

Caderfix

I suspect the anonymity of social media has a lot to do with this. I've never heard anyone at work talk about wrestling, while I hear chatter about GoT and Walking Dead all the damn time. Wonder how many closeted fans there are.

I have to admit I'm one of them. I never talk about wrestling around anyone other than my fiancee.

Top Bottom