• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

miserable

image.php

Roman Reigns fans, man

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if Owens can find a Wrestlemania program in time.
Well, there's still 6 weeks of programming to go, so I'm sure he's on the card somewhere, and I doubt its in the Andre Rumble.

I would guess either a IC ladder match (to get more guys into a big spectacle match) or a singles match with Styles (just wild mass guessing, they obviously didn't say anything). The Andre Rumble doesn't make a lot of sense given how prominent Owens has been recently on PPV cards. I mean, anything is possible, but pretty much every guy who HAS to have a match already has his match set (Roman, Dean, Undertaker, Brock). Even adding in the New Day's match and the Divas match, they still need something like 9 total matches including the Andre rumble. Especially if the New Day's match and the match with the League of Nations guys is the same match.

Zach

"Everyone has access to the internet" =/= "Everyone reads wrestling gossip rags, believes they have inside knowledge of how the company works, and complains online that their favorites aren't getting the spotlight"

Does it have to be full-blown smark vs. full-blown mark? It seems silly in this day and age not to expect a nearly complete mingling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does it have to be full-blown smark vs. full-blown mark? It seems silly in this day and age not to expect a nearly complete mingling.

Smarks are marks and back it up with their wallets

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
While I don't see it happening, I think this would be a good opportunity for WWE to bring up NXT talent via being "Shane's group" such as Samoa Joe, Cassady, Enzo, and Carmella. Or, if they want to go "bigger", Balor, Anderson, Styles, and Gallows unite for the Balor Club or whatever they want to call it.

Do people really genuinely laugh, smile, or feel anything about Botched Spot comics? I understand like, agreeing with their point or recognizing the statement they make but like it'd be nice if they were funny

Ithil

Nakamura interview, looks like it was done shortly before he signed his contract officially. Covers some of his wrestling philosophy, how familiar he is with WWE (he isn't), Bryan, and how he's adjusting to Florida. Good stuff in there.

The line of him throwing shade at American fans who follow obscure Japanese wrestling solely to lord it over other American fans and act superior made me laugh.
I also recall Shibata saying that Nakamura and Itami didn't get on well the last time they met. Times change.

kiguel182

"Everyone has access to the internet" =/= "Everyone reads wrestling gossip rags, believes they have inside knowledge of how the company works, and complains online that their favorites aren't getting the spotlight"

Are Game Of Thrones fans that write about the show online also "Game Of Thrones smakrs"?

Raw is just a tv show and we discuss it. WWE is the one that thinks they are this precious thing that nobody should talk about. They have the carny mentality, not us.

Cagey

Banned

There's degrees to everything, but the person commenting on WWE.com and the person spending hard-earned dollars to hear Dave Meltzer's latest musings are not equivalent just because both involve "internet".

Are Game Of Thrones fans that write about the show online also "Game Of Thrones smakrs"?

Raw is just a tv show and we discuss it. WWE is the one that thinks they are this precious thing that nobody should talk about. They have the carny mentality, not us.

The ones that get into casting deep-dives to sniff out when new characters will get introduced, talk viewership numbers seriously, and want the latest scoopz from drone-flyovers of filming locations and all that shit? Whatever word you want for that, sure, it's different than talking about how you like the show.

Zach

There's degrees to everything, but the person commenting on WWE.com and the person spending hard-earned dollars to hear Dave Meltzer's latest musings are not equivalent just because both involve "internet".

Sure, but don't you think those naturally bleed into each other over time?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Remember when Vince wasn't on TV because he was too old or whatever and now he's just on TV all the goddamn time?

kiguel182

The ones that get into casting deep-dives to sniff out when new characters will get introduced, talk viewership numbers seriously, and want the latest scoopz from drone-flyovers of filming locations and all that shit? Whatever word you want for that, sure, it's different than talking about how you like the show.

People discuss viewerships often, say they don't like when a character is killed off or discuss some guest actor that's participating in the show. People who are into shows do it often and Raw is no different.

There are production threads on Gaf about the making of movies, the personal lifes of actors are discussed and casting rumours are being posted all the time. Hell, there's a thread about Deadpool beating box-office records going on right now. It's normal.

Yet, WWE hates every fan that has a bigger understanding of their product than "big guys are cool". It's, frankly, ridiculous. Fans of every medium discuss the medium in depth. It's part of it.

I know you really believe this, but you're too close to it. Frankly neither person has a place in polite society

kiguel182

If they pull of a big brand split storyline then hats off to them. It might make the product interesting for the first time in a while.

Still, looking at their recent output I'll wait to see. They have been playing it safe for a long ass time.

Angry Grimace

If they pull of a big brand split storyline then hats off to them. It might make the product interesting for the first time in a while.

Still, looking at their recent output I'll wait to see. They have been playing it safe for a long ass time.

The roster isn't deep enough without straight up raiding everyone out of NXT.

Cagey

Banned
Sure, but don't you think those naturally bleed into each other over time?

Sure, but if there weren't still actual differences in viewership segments, we wouldn't see significant differences in crowd reactions depending on the city, TV show v. house show v. PPV, merchandise sales versus criticism online, etc.

Or, for another example...

What percentage of the audience watching Raw each week is going to come across that tidbit and then start speculating? Out of 3-4 million people, I would wager it's very small.

Or to get meta, the fact that we're having this discussion right now.

Top Bottom