• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Giraffe's fighting looks hilarious, but I know for a fact that I would never want to be hit by one of those. The momentum of those heads looks vicious. I have to think if I were so inclined, I could find a video where a giraffe's neck snaps like a twig from one of those hits.
Wacky neck!!! Wacky neck!! Connecting!

Holy shit, I just realized

Sunday everybody was saying they had no clue how people could get interested in Mania again.

Tuesday, we now know.

It's 2016, and the answer still is, and looks like it always will be, 'throw more McMahons at it'

Then
Now
Forever

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do they have the roster to do a brand split with all the injuries?

It wouldn't be a brand split I think, it would be more of a nWo type thing where all of the heels are with Vince/Steph and the faces with Shane, I imagine. To legit do a brand split you'd need all of your injury guys back (I have no clue whatsoever what the timeline on Cena/Rollins/Cesaro/Orton even is) plus you'd probably need to call up Finn, Zayn, Joe, etc. to fill it out.

I mean, I wouldn't hate the idea in the sense that they are absolutely overworking these guys. But its not like the old brand split was executed particularly well, either.

iMax

But WWE doesn't stand for World Wrestling Entertainment any more...

x3oeAAX.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't be the only one who thought Dean's angle would have been way better without the ambulance. Just have Dean's music hit and he limps in normally.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Do they have the roster to do a brand split with all the injuries?

Yeah, they have a lot of talent they barely use anymore such as any of the following (although, they are midcard and below):

Tyler Breeze, Fandango, Darren Young, Damien Sandow, Diego, Fernando, Ascension, Stardust, Summer Rae, Natalya, Jack Swagger, and a few others. Bring up a few NXT talent and you will allow for their top talent not to get burnt out/injured so quickly if they begin to use their midcard talent/jobbers more. Most of the talent that they aren't using above are all early 30s or so, so they have a more "time" left before they lose a step like Big Show, Mark Henry, and what not. Right now, Smackdown is used as rematches from Raw and little to no story development, so a "brand split" of any sorts would help out with keeping bodies from always getting injured having to wrestle so much in one week with house shows included.

While I didn't enjoy the first brand split all that much, it could be where the champions have to wrestle on both shows, while the midcards are totally different and compromised of different talent to make shows at least somewhat unique.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sunday everybody was saying they had no clue how people could get interested in Mania again.

Tuesday, we now know.

It's 2016, and the answer still is, and looks like it always will be, 'throw more McMahons at it'

Then
Now
Forever
The McMahons are good at drawing in the 90s and on.

Chopper

I can't be the only one who thought Dean's angle would have been way better without the ambulance. Just have Dean's music hit and he limps in normally.
I didn't mind the ambulance. I did mind the fact that it took about 10 minutes for that door to open, and another 10 for it to come into the arena. Destroyed the momentum of the segment.

iMax

I'm outraged. That's just a coincidence, dammit.

That's interesting though. I thought they had completely eliminated it from their branding.

Didn't KFC do the same, but then go back on it?

Nah, it's always been like that. I don't understand why Vince hates the word so much when it's in the name of his company and the name of his top PPV.

Oersted

Tuesday, we now know.

Then
Now
Forever

Think about the people who paid to watch Fastlane. I would feel robbed.

Tuesday, we now know.

Then
Now
Forever
It's always like that. Vince will never lose because people will continue to give him money.

Jamie OD

I guess they can do Shane & Raw Vs Steph & Smackdown without having to split the roster. At least that way you can do storylines where they both try to one up each other with their chosen wrestlers on a shared roster. Steph books easy matches for her favourites then on the next show Shane responds by righting wrongs and trying to even the playing field.

Fox318

First thing raw needs is a new set and production look.

Id love to see a WWE with a 360 camera that can spin around the ring instead of a hard cam it eouof allow the performers more freedom and they could interact with the Damn crowd behind them.

Id love to see a WWE with a 360 camera that can spin around the ring instead of a hard cam it eouof allow the performers more freedom and they could interact with the Damn crowd behind them.

Setting that up in an arena week after week would be costly I imagine. I could see them breaking it out for a Wrestlemania or Summerslam.

Fox318

Setting that up in an arena week after week would be costly I imagine. I could see them breaking it out for a Wrestlemania or Summerslam.
They already have a huge lighting rig track and they probably could work out a cable system for their camera.

This is the WWE , they essentially created the modern production style for football games with the overhead camera and camera men rushing the huddle.

They already have a huge lighting rig track and they probably could work out a cable system for their camera.

This is the WWE , they essentially created the modern production style for football games with the overhead camera and camera men rushing the huddle.

Do they actually invent that overhead cam for XFL? That may be the best thing to come out of that mess.

Sephzilla

the last thing WWE needs is more cameras. In fact, they need to go back to just using the hard camera more. The only way cool 360 cameras and stuff like that will work is if they have people who know how to use them smartly.

I'm glad a team like Dash and Dawson got a chance to be in the spotlight, but I think would have benefited American Alpha even more if they got the rub from Enzo & Cass.

klonere

Banned
Current fav five

1) Yuji Okabayashi
2) Kenny Omega
3) Kamaitachi
4) Will Ospreay
5) Brock Lesnar

Hon. Mention.
Mark Haskins.

Funny to think I have no NXT people in that list despite watching it week in week out. Just hasn't been a very strong show lately. As much as I love the way they construct their stories, stuff just hasn't been landing as strongly as before on TV or on specials. Still I am totally invested in a lot of performers on the show and as long as it stays that way, I will continue to be an NXT fan.

Here have a Will Ospreay gif

zdVrc7s.gif

Angry Grimace

I really wonder if Seth Rollins is just the 'guy'. If they didn't book him like a chickenshit, I don't know why not.

I really wonder if Seth Rollins is just the 'guy'. If they didn't book him like a chickenshit, I don't know why not.

They were working up to something with that Chickenshit stuff. They just take too long with it. It's obvious he's meant to eventually fight Triple H for the title.

Angry Grimace

They were working up to something with that Chickenshit stuff. They just take too long with it. It's obvious he's meant to eventually fight Triple H for the title.

I just don't know when he's ready and you can't have HHH stand around with the title forever. If he's ready to go post-Mania, its a legit reason to keep the title on HHH. Given that as far as I know he will not be ready until SummerSlam, I don't think its a realistic possibility.

I think every time I listen to Meltzer do a podcast he has the same "Roman's not the Guy" speech prepared. Vinny won't even let him get through it anymore.

Kaladin

Considering the roster they have now, yes, he is the guy. He was being booked the right way in the last few months of his reign, after all his crutches left.

Honestly, Rollins is what is missing in the Roman Reigns picture. If they had Rollins for Reigns to feud with at this point, it wouldn't feel like the boss propping up his star worker for success.

Angry Grimace

No, it was obvious that he was meant to job to Roman to give him his big coronation at 'Mania this year.
I don't think the original angle was supposed to be Triple HHH gets the title. I think Rollins fighting HHH seems like the logical conclusion of the angle they had built up - they had a very slow, yet obvious burn on HHH having no confidence in Rollins as champ (e.g. putting him in a bunch of different asshole matches like Sting and Cena the same night, fighting Lesnar at Battleground, etc.)

If Rollins can work face, I think he's the guy. I honestly don't even know if he can, I never watched him in the indies and he was the whiny heel for most of the Shield run the same as he is now.

Top Bottom