• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

I think ideally, you'd have HHH running the on-air product and talent in general, Stephanie running the PR side, and Shane running business/finance.

Play to each of their strengths rather than trying to get a one size fits all thing because you will need tons of people to replace Vince.

Well this is basically what will happen, although Stephanie will still be over creative with HHH as well. This is assuming that Shane will be back full time in the company. That ticketmaster spoiler gives me hope.

Toki767

Well this is basically what will happen, although Stephanie will still be over creative with HHH as well. This is assuming that Shane will be back full time in the company. That ticketmaster spoiler gives me hope.
Stephanie hasn't been in creative for a couple years now I thought. She only takes credit for it when things are going well.

Hex

Banned
Raw Viewership for 2/22

8pm: 4.201
9pm: 4.055
10pm: 3.396

Avg: 3.884

Good lord that hour 3. 805,000 people left from hour 1 to 3 and 659,000 from hour 2 to 3.

Well can't blame them when they didn't give much in hour 3. It was that 6 man tag and Reigns vs Sheamus.

I do not know what they expected for Reigns vs Sheamus 23.
They should have at least teased HHH doing something to Reigns or something to keep people around.
Instead it was out of nowhere which is great for people watching, not so much for keeping people watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But the on-screen product stops for the TV time out. You don't start with the Patriots on the 40 yard line, cut to commercial, and suddenly the Jets have the ball on the 10.

Right, but WWE never misses the finish, or anything. Unless there's a colossal fuckup.

But why not fill time with interesting content? Create some segments, do some jobber matches to show off talent.

Just do something different.

Seriously, apart from Shane was there anything unexpected on Raw? Or, hell, even interesting or different?

The show has 3 hours and no creativity, it's a deadly combination.

I'd love to see jobber matches come back.

Sephzilla

Right, but WWE never misses the finish, or anything. Unless there's a colossal fuckup.

The League of Nations was kicked from ringside during the commercial break yesterday on Raw during the Shaemus/Roman match. Wasn't there a match last year that ended during a commercial break? And while it's not entirely commercial related, there were a couple of eliminations that they straight up missed during the Royal Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The League of Nations was kicked from ringside during the commercial break yesterday on Raw during the Shaemus/Roman match. Wasn't there a match last year that ended during a commercial break? And while it's not entirely commercial related, there were a couple of eliminations that they straight up missed during the Royal Rumble.

Not on purpose, I'd reckon. In the 80s and 90s there were a few scenarios where Vince (commentary) had to fill in what's happened.

Zach

Shane's gonna do something crazy...AGAIN.

tumblr_luj7ehwAOn1r5y36co1_400.gif

I'm sure that was rigged to be pretty safe, but I would still have multiple heart attacks on the way down.

F'ing heights.

Toki767

Hey Verendus, how do you feel knowing how close Big Dave was to having a starring role at Wrestlemania 32 as the special ref in the main event?
yFIb.png

This is exactly what's wrong with Reigns' push. They need to drop the thought of him overcoming the odds.

How silly is it that they try to book him as an underdog when his nickname is "The Big Dog".

Does Punk seem like a possibility to anyone?

Anyone?

He's still dominating crowds, he hasn't fought in UFC and his departure matches the angle that they've entered into.

Plus that Cena Instagram....

And then he'd retire (for real) with his legacy being that he brought down the Authority. The very thing he rallied against.

Would leave him even more of a hero.

Jobber matches would be great, but I don't see them coming back, tbh. They seem to favor having contracted jobbers, probably because you are paying guys a downside, anyway, so any freelancers are just more money spent on payroll. "Seeming jobber gets a surprise upset" is the best way to introduce new guys, though, so it's a shame.

Zach

This is exactly what's wrong with Reigns' push. They need to drop the thought of him overcoming the odds.

How silly is it that they try to book him as an underdog when his nickname is "The Big Dog".

Remember when "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan overcame impossible odds?

Into

DX will do another run in at Mania, and beat on Roman.

Xpac will do his turnbuckle gimmick. YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL HIM WHAT TO DO? YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE...BEDDDAR? WELL YOU BEDDAR GET READY!

Roman will clean house, people will boo him even more as Romans cocked fist goes through Mr. Ass.

Pins Haitch, and wins the belt. Vince screams at gorilla position to play his music at absolute MAX volume to mute the live crowd.

Kaladin

Fact:

Roman Reigns would be more over if he had Seth Rollins as his main feud instead of Triple H and The Authority. It would be more like competition and less like the boss prepping him for a big win.

Fox318

Fact:

Roman Reigns would be more over if he had Seth Rollins as his main feud instead of Triple H and The Authority. It would be more like competition and less like the boss prepping him for a big win.

Seth showed so much shine in that Summerslam match.

Roman should have ditched the Vest.

Right now Roman is Johnny B Bad.

Johnny B Badd was great but when he had to leave the gimmick (shield) he had to be Marc Marrow and he sucks.

I don't even know how you would fix Roman without turning him heel or putting him in a mask or something.

Heroman

Banned
Fact:

It would have been worse because people would have just cheered seth since Seth is such a good wrestler.

Kaladin

I would have been worse because people would have just cheered seth since Seth is such a good wrestler.

Think about the story they would have told. Seth would have lost at SS with the rematch in December with Reigns retaining. Seth wins the Rumble setting up Rollins vs Reigns III.

You know Rollins vs Reigns III with Roman defending would be more hype than Trips.

Does Punk seem like a possibility to anyone?

Anyone?

He's still dominating crowds, he hasn't fought in UFC and his departure matches the angle that they've entered into.

Plus that Cena Instagram....

And then he'd retire (for real) with his legacy being that he brought down the Authority. The very thing he rallied against.

Would leave him even more of a hero.

No, fuck him.

Heroman

Banned
Think about the story they would have told. Seth would have lost at SS with the rematch in December with Reigns retaining. Seth wins the Rumble setting up Rollins vs Reigns III.

You know Rollins vs Reigns III with Roman defending would be more hype than Trips.

Match would have better than HHH vs roman but Roman wouldn't have been over.

Top Bottom