• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Jobber matches are used for people you wanna build up into a big threat. Somone like Goldust and Ziggler who aren't going anywhere wouldn't(shouldn't) be getting jobber matches. Ryback and Rusev(he fought named guys but they were the likes of Ryder and Woods who were glorified jobbers) are modern examples how you effectively do jobber matches to build someone.

it all comes down to one thing, people like to see dominate winners

Kaiterra

Banned
They should hide squibs and blood packs in the ring post.

And I think you could definitely get away with 1-2 jobber matches per Raw and maybe 1 on Smackdown per week for bigger name guys who are just squashing dudes yeah. You can incorporate angles into the circumstances of the matches too, they don't have to exist in a vacuum. That was done with Rusev a lot.

They should hide squibs and blood packs in the ring post

HHH and he League of nations comes out against roman

full.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It always makes me laugh that NXT's women's division has like 3 or 4 dedicated jobbers that do nothing but get beat up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like, the main roster has jobbers like that, but they get mic time and have been considered threats at some point, like Social Outcasts, or they're cast members of Total Divas, and are there to promote something other than wrasslin'

MG310

It always makes me laugh that NXT's women's division has like 3 or 4 dedicated jobbers that do nothing but get beat up.

All from New Jersey or Australia.

Wonder if they're just kinda waiting out Emma and Carmella before they feature Liv/Deonna/Billie Kay/Peyton Royce.

Zach

Jobber matches are used for people you wanna build up into a big threat. Somone like Goldust and Ziggler who aren't going anywhere wouldn't(shouldn't) be getting jobber matches. Ryback and Rusev(he fought named guys but they were the likes of Ryder and Woods who were glorified jobbers) are modern examples how you effectively do jobber matches to build someone.

it all comes down to one thing, people like to see dominate winners
I don't agree. Jobber matches for everyone! Squash matches for some.

Anyone else find it funny Roman got beat down and murdered fairly. HHH slowly walked, gave him plenty of warning and didn't need help. How do you recover from an execution that got cheered.

Russo has been making sense lately on his Wrestling Inc's streams after RAW. The funniest thing has been Shane Helms taking offense to his comments lately and telling him to fuck off on twitter, Internet tough guy.

Anyone else find it funny Roman got beat down and murdered fairly. HHH slowly walked, gave him plenty of warning and didn't need help. How do you recover from an execution that got cheered.
The cherry on top would be Triple H coming out on Raw and say "I'm doing what's best for business... and that's keeping a guy who can't cheered to save his life from being the face of this company"

So my high school teacher who happens to be one of my best friends dressed up as a clown like Mankind did for Vince in the hospital
. He got me an autographed Ric flair action ☺

RBH

hoh1213p.jpg

House of Hardcore 12
Friday April 15, 2016
Elmcor Center
107-20 Northern Blvd. Corona, NY 11368
Meet & Greet 6pm - Belltime at 8pm

Dream Match Main Event
Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Hero

GHC Tag Team Championship Match
Rhino & Tommy Dreamer vs. Lance Hoyt & Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Teacher vs. Student
Sami Callihan vs. Billy Gunn

Eddie Kingston vs. Bull James

Pepper Parks w/ Cherry Bomb vs. Colt Cabana

Women's Match
Deanna Purrazzo vs. Thea Trinidad

Plus Tony Nese, Brian Myers, Brian Cage, Guido Maritato, Alex Reynolds, The Double Duprees, surprises and more!

House of Hardcore 13
Saturday April 16, 2016
2300 Arena
2300 S Swanson St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Meet & Greet 5pm - Belltime at 7pm

Main Event
Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino

GHC Tag Team Championship Match
Chris Hero & Colt Cabana vs. Lance Hoyt & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
*If Dreamer/Rhino win belts at HOH12, they will join this match to make it a 3-way Tag Team match

Brian Cage vs. Sami Callihan

Teacher vs. Student
Bull James vs. Billy Gunn

Tommy Dreamer vs. Pepper Parks w/ Cherry Bomb

Women's Match
Jade vs. Thea Trinidad

Plus Tony Nese, Eddie Kingston, Alex Reynolds, Ben Ortiz, Team Tremendous, SoCal Val, The Double Duprees, surprises and more!

Radec

So reigns is out for "surgery".

So he'll miss a couple of smark RAWs and make a return to get some cheers before WM. Good luck with that.

somedevil

That's what he gets for asking for the undertaker match.

Get in your place boy, my son gets that match.

Well here is the result:

* Kevin Owens defeated Big Show by count out. Good back and forth action, strong moves by Owens to keep Show down. Owens won by count out after crotching Show on the top rope, knocking him to the floor

Still confusing on where they are going to go with him. Plus Undertaker is on Raw next monday.

Top Bottom