• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

MG310

Smackdown spoiler regarding AJ/Miz:

* AJ Styles vs. The Miz with Chris Jericho watching from ringside is next. Styles wins a great match by submission with the Calf Killer. Jericho cuts a promo after the match. AJ/Jericho rematch on Smackdown next week.

Happy he's still using the Calf Killer

TNA thoughts:

They really need to come up with a better name for that dude than Crazzy Steve.

Its not positive. Its just WWE got stuck in a corner with coming up with an inbetween feud for Owens. So they choose Ziggler and thought the only way to book him credible is to give him a win after he lost the week before to him. So they are going with the 2-1 feud win .

They didn't need an in-between! They had him fight Styles and Zayn at the Rumble, they had multiple potential feuds right there.

Doing something else for a month in between returning to one is beneficial in no way, and if you're doing the "oh Styles isn't ready" mentality, then fucking send him to NXT for a month or two or don't even bring him in so early if you think he's not. Don't make big plans immediately apparent for someone you think isn't ready, because as fans showed with the Bryan title tease, they aren't going to wait

Which reminds me to ask (thanks btw): Why did they insert AJ in RAW and Nakamura in NXT?

If I had to guess it would be that Styles wrestled in TV promotions where you have to be mindful of wrestling for the camera and according to Finn Balor that was never a concern in Japan.

AJ is also a bigger deal in the states and putting him in NXT first kind of kills any sort of big star aura with a known entity.

somedevil

They didn't need an in-between! They had him fight Styles and Zayn at the Rumble, they had multiple potential feuds right there.

Doing something else for a month in between returning to one is beneficial in no way, and if you're doing the "oh Styles isn't ready" mentality, then fucking send him to NXT for a month or two or don't even bring him in so early if you think he's not. Don't make big plans immediately apparent for someone you think isn't ready, because as fans showed with the Bryan title tease, they aren't going to wait

Styles is feuding with Jericho right now so thats probably why they choose Ziggler with rest the babyfaces being injured.

After fastlane we will see if the feud with Jericho ends and then go on with Styles vs Owens with both of them winning at fastlane.

edit: They are doing the same thing with Charlotte with the Brie fued.

Tagyhag

I was watching Beast in the East for the first time (Meh aside from the fantastic Owens/Balor match. They should do more shows in Japan) and a fan really stood out to me .

This woman was ecstatic about Cena winning to the point of crying. Obviously a huge fan.

RC0alTE.png

As he and Ziggler do all their celebratory high fives and pictures she goes nuts.

vqNd8Gd.png

Cena gets ALL 3 sides except for hers. Imagine being such a fan of someone that's thousands of miles away. You finally get a chance to see them in person, they're literal feet away from you...and you're totally ignored. I could feel her dreams being crushed.

Today I learned that Cena fans are people too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They've made countless flawed decisions in Roman's booking that have served to do the opposite of making him look strong up until now. Why do you think this mid-tier network special is anything different?

They put Ambrose in the match to take the pin so neither Reigns or Lesnar would have to take the loss prior to their run to WrestleMania as Face #1 and Face #2. That's all it is. Not rocket science in the least. Will Reigns get booed even more in that match? Absolutely. Just as he will at Mania and the following night. It won't matter. They'll just be happy he's getting some kind of reaction.

We're getting Triple H vs. Reigns, Lesnar vs. Wyatt and Undertaker vs. Strowman at the biggest WrestleMania of all-time. We just have to get used to the fact that the card will be complete ass and accept it. They'll throw Dwayne and Austin into the main event to get some pops. It's all good.
Because the last two WrestleManias have been very protected in terms of what actually happens. They make a lot of dumb decisions but they very much protect WrestleMania as a premier event.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Feels a bit like they might be worried about having viable faces for Mania matches so even Ziggler is getting wins.

Dolph will be back in his place in like 2 weeks

They're giving Owens something to do. The fact that 50/50 booking is how they get there is unfortunate. I don't expect that program to last beyond Fastlane.

Zach

I have a place to stay when I get there...
I have the time off from work...
However, I've been taking risk by waiting to purchase the tickets for a good price as date comes nearer. I have every intention of being there. We need to all coordinate as date comes closer and meet somewhere for a nice laugh and good memory.
You just doing StubHub or something? I'll probably look around the day or two before, but I'm at least getting in the building with the crummy tickets I got at face value.

Anyway, coordinate something and I'll see if we can make it. The girl I'm going with probably wouldn't mind. We're staying at the Hilton up north.

MG310

Which reminds me to ask (thanks btw): Why did they insert AJ in RAW and Nakamura in NXT?

I imagine moving to the US and immediately starting WWE's road schedule would be difficult. Balor/Nakamura is a hell of a main event for the Summerslam weekend Takeover as well.

Matt Hardy is sporting the Gordon Gekko haircut now.

Zach

It's not hard to see how RAW breaks Nitro's 84-week ratings win streak when WCW has Brian "gah dang Crush" Adams vs. Jim Neidhart going head-to-head with WWF's "Corporate" Austin vs. McMahon.

orioto

Good Art™
You're forgetting something about the Owens/Ziggler "feud" (let's say series of match.. ).
Ziggler is the star of a movie incoming from the WWE studios.

Now sure it's always about the context and sometimes you're not at the right spot. But still i feel this is really bad sign for Owens. That at least means they stopped thinking (as they were clearly 2 months ago) that he had to look super legit and strong in the ring, and be protected.

They just found out. Hey this heel works great when he loses his matches and his pissed after that. I'm telling you they may be turning him into a joke "angry looser" character.

Maybe they are pissed at him bullying people on twitter, or maybe he's doing things on his own sometimes. I'm still pretty sure Owens tends to look better booked than what he really is, cause of personal little things he adds in segments. For exemple, who knows if the "welcome to wwe" line at the rumble was planned. It looked like they were preparing someting for both of them, cause he added that line that made it somewhat personal (he's from the same place as AJ), but maybe that was just Owens being too creative for the wwe.

Maybe also Vince is depushing him cause he things his heat is weak. Let's face it. Owens has weak responses a lot of time and i'm pretty sure it's due to Smarks being super fans and kinda muting the others. So in the end he has more of a weak face reaction than a heel one..

Hopfully i'm wrong and he'll be booked strong again since WM.

Pikma

Banned
You're forgetting something about the Owens/Ziggler "feud" (let's say series of match.. ).

Now sure it's always about the context and sometimes you're not at the right spot. But still i feel this is really bad sign for Owens. That at least means they stopped thinking (as they were clearly 2 months ago) that he had to look super legit and strong in the ring, and be protected.

They just found out. Hey this heel works great when he loses his matches and his pissed after that. I'm telling you they may be turning him into a joke "angry looser" character.

Maybe they are pissed at him bullying people on twitter, or maybe he's doing things on his own sometimes. I'm still pretty sure Owens tends to look better booked than what he really is, cause of personal little things he adds in segments. For exemple, who knows if the "welcome to wwe" line at the rumble was planned. It looked like they were preparing someting for both of them, cause he added that line that made it somewhat personal (he's from the same place as AJ), but maybe that was just Owens being too creative for the wwe.

Maybe also Vince is depushing him cause he things his heat is weak. Let's face it. Owens has weak responses a lot of time and i'm pretty sure it's due to Smarks being super fans and kinda muting the others. So in the end he has more of a weak face reaction than a heel one..

That's a lot of maybe's, holy shit

jonjonaug

Owens needs to be paired with a really likable pure babyface to get over as a heel. He'll get his boos when Zayn finally gets called up. It looks like that may be soon too, so right now they might just not have anything for Owens until then.

Anth0ny

Owens needs to be paired with a really likable pure babyface to get over as a heel. He'll get his boos when Zayn finally gets called up. It looks like that may be soon too, so right now they might just not have anything for Owens until then.

AJ? The Rumble crowd booed the shit out of Owens when he eliminated AJ.

Heel

I think the Kevin Owens fan club needs to understand you can lose and still be an entertaining part of the show. I mean, I can understand the mentality, but it's not healthy to be driven by an insatiable desire to see your favorite wrestler only win and "look strong".

Learn to enjoy the performance, not the results.

Signed,
Rusev's #1 Fan

orioto

Good Art™
I think the Kevin Owens fan club needs to understand you can lose and still be an entertaining part of the show. I mean, I can understand the mentality, but it's not healthy to be driven by an insatiable desire to see your favorite wrestler only win and "look strong".

Learn to enjoy the performance, not the results.

Signed,
Rusev's #1 Fan

Except if it becomes the trend, that you can lose and be enjoyable.. it doesn't look good for you. I think Rusev as this really fearless monster heel that works fro him. Now Owens. Who knows, Vince could decide to dress him in black with yellow dots tomorow! His character HAS that comedy, ridiculous angry teddy bear to him. That Triple H decided to book him like a prize fighter with wrestling cred was a choice. But they can also change that direction.

Those Ziggler matches feels a little like that. And it started with the Kalisto loss some weeks ago (or was it neville ??).

UberTag

There has to be some sort of big man tag match brewing for the Wyatts for WM - Kane/Ryback/Show would make sense.
Seems like a lot of effort to devote to a match with Harper and Rowan. Can't they just leave Rowan off the card and slot Harper into a multi-man match again?

Angry Grimace

lmao @ Smackdown spoilers

Owens loses to Kalisto (dirty, but he still loses)

I was watching Beast in the East for the first time (Meh aside from the fantastic Owens/Balor match. They should do more shows in Japan) and a fan really stood out to me .

This woman was ecstatic about Cena winning to the point of crying. Obviously a huge fan.

RC0alTE.png

As he and Ziggler do all their celebratory high fives and pictures she goes nuts.

vqNd8Gd.png

Cena gets ALL 3 sides except for hers. Imagine being such a fan of someone that's thousands of miles away. You finally get a chance to see them in person, they're literal feet away from you...and you're totally ignored. I could feel her dreams being crushed.

Today I learned that Cena fans are people too.
Who's that reverse weaboo in the audience with the murican flag?

If Charlotte doesn't squash Brie and put her out of action until after WrestleMania at Fastlane I'm going to be annoyed and Charlotte if doesn't lose at WrestleMania leading to her turning on her old man the next night on Raw I'm going to be pissed.

So someone on Twitter, who attended yesterday's Raw, said AJ got a huge pop when he came out, which probably means that the fuckers have been messing with the sound during his entrances. I really thought it was evident, especially yesterday, but since no one else here mentioned it I thought it was just me...

Yeah, I noticed it the crowd definitely sounded muffled, that's either done with nefarious intent or the idiots think they need to quiet the crowd so we can hear the commentary better while also making it so easy to hear spots being called in the ring.

Mahonay

Banned
I get angry any time I have to watch Brie Bella wrestle. She is an insanely awful perfomer and tries so hard to hijack Daniel Bryan's heat in every match. At this point I usually just skip anything she's involved in.

Mahonay

Banned
I've driven to Texas from LA before when I went to pax south in 2015. I actually like driving cross country. But for wrestlemania I might just fly and Uber around the area.
Fucking Uber. Never use them here in NYC. Like double the price of cabs or regular car services.

Just got my Wrestlemania tickets. Section C109. Gotta figure out if I'm flying or driving to Arlington from Los Angeles.

Where did you buy your tickets? I need good tickets, but waiting to see the card before I commit. Might just try to get NXT and Hall of Fame instead.

I imagine moving to the US and immediately starting WWE's road schedule would be difficult. Balor/Nakamura is a hell of a main event for the Summerslam weekend Takeover as well.

Matt Hardy is sporting the Gordon Gekko haircut now.

Not to mention Itami vs. Nakamura if they do the rumored NXT Takeover: Tokyo in Korakuen Hall. That's a dream match in Puro, and fucking WWE will be the one to do it.

So Nakamura will be with WWE for two weeks to train at the performance center. Since he travels out of NYC anyway, hopefully he'll be around for the second leg of the NXT east coast house shows in Philly, Asbury Park, and Albany (wholly for selfish reasons, as I'm going to the one in Albany)

Angry Grimace

Roman don't get to be in any crappy WWE Studios film

Top Bottom