• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

RBH

Cb8dNxwUEAAbEpA.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ristopher_daniels_now_starring_in_waterworld/

RBH

Spoilers for SmackDown and Main Event:

WWE Main Event tapings

* Bo Dallas with the Social Outcasts defeated Darren Young

* Naomi defeated Paige. Naomi got a near fall with the Rear View but came back and got the win by submission

* Ryback defeated Tyler Breeze with Shellshocked after a back and forth match

* Braun Strowman defeated Fandango by submission

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE SmackDown tapings

* There's a podium in the ring. Triple H comes out in a suit and puts the WWE World Heavyweight Title on the podium. Triple H quoted "Sympathy for the Devil" by Rolling Stones. He talks about what he did to Roman Reigns on RAW, brags about having authority and says everyone has to fall in line. Triple H says he will defeat Reigns at WrestleMania 32

* Chris Jericho, AJ Styles and a mystery partner vs. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day is announced for later

* Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio defeated Neville, Dolph Ziggler, Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto. Barrett got good ring time here. Neville hit 2 Red Arrows on Barrett. Sheamus hit a Brogue on Neville for the win. The League of Nations carried Barrett away on their shoulders as a celebratory move

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens is backstage with Renee Young. He offers Dean Ambrose his rematch but Ambrose isn't here. Owens brags about beating everyone and issues a challenge. Big Show appears and says he hasn't beaten him yet. Owens mocks Show with retirement jokes and they make the match for later

* D-Von Dudley squashed Jimmy Uso in one minute after Bubba Ray Dudley interfered from ringside

* Recap of Shane McMahon's return. The Undertaker will be on RAW

* Backstage segment with Styles and Jericho picking Mark Henry as their partner

* Kevin Owens defeated Big Show by count out. Good back and forth action, strong moves by Owens to keep Show down. Owens won by count out after crotching Show on the top rope, knocking him to the floor

* Natalya defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when Naomi and Tamina Snuka run down. Tamina superkicks Natalya on the floor. Sasha Banks comes down and assists Becky Lynch. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte comes out with Ric Flair and announces Becky vs. Sasha for RAW.

* R-Truth defeated Heath Slater with help from Goldust

* AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Mark Henry defeated The New Day, who were over big time but not as much as Styles. Styles was said to be over with everyone and his entrance got the biggest pop. The New Day was cleared from the ring early on for tandem springboards by Styles and Jericho. Henry, Styles and Jericho also mocked their dance moves. Lots of fact paced action in this one. Styles made Xavier Woods tap to the Calf Crusher. Styles, Henry and Jericho celebrated to end the show

KingBroly

Banned
Kinda insulted by WWE's claims of Reigns having a broken nose, despite them obviously filming stuff in the hospital BEFORE Fastlane in Cleveland. I guess if they're trying to make him Cena they have to give him Cena's broken nose as well.

Fox318

Shane said fuck that, I do whatever I want.

Except it does set a bad standard for guys in the back.

I mean they were at war with WCW but if everyone just sold like fucking crazy like they used to maybe it wouldn't take crazy bumps to get a pop. I mean even right now people are hoping that a 47 year old man who hasn't worked a match in years to jump off the cage like mick.

also

D3vO6Ip.png

UberTag

He must be mourning the loss of Dashing Cody Rhodes again... because I doubt very few people would consider Stardust to be a good thing.
I still dig his entrance music.

Alucard

Banned
Watching my TNA Ultimate Matches DVD that I got for 5 bucks. I've watched 3 straight King of the Mountain matches. These things are ridiculous. Not in a good way.

I'm now on my second Ultimate X match. These things are ridiculous. In the best way possible. AJ Styles was insane.

Except it does set a bad standard for guys in the back.

I mean they were at war with WCW but if everyone just sold like fucking crazy like they used to maybe it wouldn't take crazy bumps to get a pop. I mean even right now people are hoping that a 47 year old man who hasn't worked a match in years to jump off the cage like mick.

also

D3vO6Ip.png

Cody!

If you're expecting Shane to take a huge nasty bump at WM, I've got something to sell you. Vince won't allow that shit to happen this day in age.

Kaiterra

Banned
Watching my TNA Ultimate Matches DVD that I got for 5 bucks. I've watched 3 straight King of the Mountain matches. These things are ridiculous. Not in a good way.

I'm now on my second Ultimate X match. These things are ridiculous. In the best way possible. AJ Styles was insane.

Ultimate X is proof that if you throw a million stupid gimmick match concepts at the wall, one of them can stick.

FWIW, Meltzer said in a radio show today that while he doesn't know for sure, the feeling that he gets from those he's talking to is that the Shane deal is more than just a storyline thing and might be more of Shane actually returning to a role within the company.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're just building up hype for the ARMBAR. Owens will have lots of WrestleMania opponents. Don't fret.

I will bet $25 to the charity of the loser's choice Owens is not in the Andre Rumble.

FWIW, Meltzer said in a radio show today that while he doesn't know for sure, the feeling that he gets from those he's talking to is that the Shane deal is more than just a storyline thing and might be more of Shane actually returning to a role within the company.

Shane and Dewey Foley getting Starbucks for HHH.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think he'll be in the Andre Rumble, either. So I'm not taking you up on that bet.
He isn't getting a singles match at Mania, though.

I could see another ladder match like last year, but there just aren't enough guys on the roster. The Wyatt Family actually do seem pegged for the Andre Rumble, Ryback is probably there too. I guess I could see a triple threat for the IC title with Jericho involved since Jericho still wrestling and still hanging out with AJ suggests there's something happening there.

FyreWulff

even vince's own son had to do the whole leave the WWE and build stock elsewhere to come back to being better in Vince's eyes.

KingBroly

Banned
Stephanie might be a better business mind, but as a writer and character, she's abysmal. She's a one note character destroyer of Death. She never gets what's coming to her. EVER. That's why what Shane did to her last night was SO fucking satisfying. It wasn't some cheap thing like Vickie did to her a couple of years back. This was what people have wanted for a long time.

As for Reigns. I want HHH to pedigree him and pin him in less than a minute. Just bury him under the Stadium. I hate Reigns, and everything that he stands for right now. I really, truly do. His character sucks, his moves suck. I'm tired of his Ultra Mega Push because he can flex his fucking Vest. He comes across as a big a faker as HHH. At least with Ambrose you know he's faking but he's trying to do some good shit. Reigns is just 'nah son, it's all about the making it REIGNS'

Angry Grimace

Reigns is a better wrestler in terms of performing his moves than Ambrose is. That might be an unpopular opinion, but I bet you that it isn't controversial.

I'm just saying, Ambrose's moveset includes the Wacky Line in every single match as well as the Wet Noodle Strike Combo.

Stephanie might be a better business mind, but as a writer and character, she's abysmal. She's a one note character destroyer of Death. She never gets what's coming to her. EVER. That's why what Shane did to her last night was SO fucking satisfying. It wasn't some cheap thing like Vickie did to her a couple of years back. This was what people have wanted for a long time.

As for Reigns. I want HHH to pedigree him and pin him in less than a minute. Just bury him under the Stadium. I hate Reigns, and everything that he stands for right now. I really, truly do. His character sucks, his moves suck. I'm tired of his Ultra Mega Push because he can flex his fucking Vest. He comes across as a big a faker as HHH. At least with Ambrose you know he's faking but he's trying to do some good shit. Reigns is just 'nah son, it's all about the making it REIGNS'
200_s.gif

Colocho

Banned
I don't think he'll be in the Andre Rumble, either. So I'm not taking you up on that bet.
He isn't getting a singles match at Mania, though.

Kalisto has the US title, it's perfect for a multi man spotfest with all the high flyers.

Owens will have a singles match for the IC belt, it'd be ridiculous for him not to.

Reigns is a better wrestler in terms of performing his moves than Ambrose is. That might be an unpopular opinion, but I bet you that it isn't controversial.

I'm just saying, Ambrose's moveset includes the Wacky Line in every single match as well as the Wet Noodle Strike Combo.

lmao. gonna start calling it that.

i don't have a big problem with reigns' wrestling ability. it's far better than ambrose at least. but his mic work is terrible and the booking is really bad too. that overcome the odds, make roman look strong shit he's had with the league has been pretty boring.

still i'll take him as WWE champ over ambrose. he needs to go heel already tho.

Kaiterra

Banned

If Ambrose just didn't hit that clothesline in EVERY match it'd actually be cool.

Top Bottom