• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

The important thing to takeaway from the smackdown spoilers is that Barrett can wrestle again.
Just in time for jobbing at potentially his last mania.

Motion to change the name of this to "Oodles of Noodles."

Oh my golly gosh, I am in support of this.
Ambrose noodles on Brock gonna make folks saltier than Eldoon's noodles

kiguel182

every attitude era kid tried to do the hhh water spit. i remember being jealous of this one kid in school who had it perfectly.

I wasn't an attitude era kid but I also tried to do it in the shower. My mom had to tell me to stop since I was getting the bathroom all wet.

I think we also tried that at school.

HHH was over.

Striker

Sitting the babyface in your biggest event of the year in the critical buildup to the event makes no sense.
Hollywood Rock and Austin barely interacted face to face in their buildup in Wrestlemania 19. Rock did more with Jeff Hardy and The Hurricane. Actually, The Rock did almost everything. Austin was not on the shows too often.

Difference here being the rest of the roster is in the 50/50 club and not legitimate contenders.

The Cole/Lawler feud in 2011 is surprisingly entertaining. Cole is quite annoying but it was actually a good feud. It's pretty hilarious though how they go from hating each other to being as if nothing ever happened at Capital Punishment

The Cena/Miz feud is so boring though. I turned the I quit match off because it was just awful.

R Truths promo before Capital Punishment is fire. Dude brought it and the build up is just great.

Reigns is a better wrestler in terms of performing his moves than Ambrose is. That might be an unpopular opinion, but I bet you that it isn't controversial.

I'm just saying, Ambrose's moveset includes the Wacky Line in every single match as well as the Wet Noodle Strike Combo.

Ambrose is getting sloppy. On the raw before fast lane he landed on his feet from a top turnbuckle move and sold it so poorly.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Cole/Lawler feud in 2011 is surprisingly entertaining. Cole is quite annoying but it was actually a good feud. It's pretty hilarious though how they go from hating each other to being as if nothing ever happened at Capital Punishment

The Cena/Miz feud is so boring though. I turned the I quit match off because it was just awful.

R Truths promo before Capital Punishment is fire. Dude brought it and the build up is just great.
I'll always be a Cole Miner.

There was a Cena/Miz feud? All I remember is the Cena/Rock feud leading up to WM27...

Aiii

So not worth it
hayley-williams-wedding-photos-01.jpg

Hey Phil!

He's gone full lumberjack.

I need to go back and watch Cole the internet darling hater. Classic.

JustinBB7

I miss the Cole Mine where he locked himself up into a glass box, was hilarious.

tumblr_li2x072wzo1qec8dto1_500.png

korly

I wonder if they'll do anything special to mark the two-year anniversary of WWE Network? Finally add those Thunder episodes or something.

Wednesday night war

ROH
TV Title Match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Jonathan Gresham
War Machine vs. Bob Evans and Tim Hughes
BJ Whitmer vs. Chase Brown
The Briscoes vs. ACH and Alex Shelley

NXT
American Alpha vs. Blake and Murphy
Apollo Crews vs. Chris Girard
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Bull Dempsey
Bayley and Carmella vs. Eva Marie and Nia Jax

Lucha Underground
PJ Black vs. Jack Evans
Johnny Mundo vs. Cage

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they'll do anything special to mark the two-year anniversary of WWE Network? Finally add those Thunder episodes or something.

Who the hell wants fucking THUNDER of all things on the Network?

Thunder? THUNDER?

Fucking THUNDER?

IT WAS SO BAD

RBH

WCW Saturday Night episodes should take precedence over WCW Thunder episodes in terms of what goes up next on the Network, honestly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WCW Saturday Night episodes should take precedence over WCW Thunder episodes in terms of what goes up next on the Network, honestly.

Easily. You got the random dream match on Saturday Night. You got shit every week on Thunder. Thunder is absolutely godawful. Nobody should ever watch it.

Cagey

Banned
Kinda insulted by WWE's claims of Reigns having a broken nose, despite them obviously filming stuff in the hospital BEFORE Fastlane in Cleveland. I guess if they're trying to make him Cena they have to give him Cena's broken nose as well.

You're watching a scripted television show. That's all professional wrestling is.

I miss the Cole Mine where he locked himself up into a glass box, was hilarious.

I'm only watching the PPV so I have no idea what brought this on, but it's pretty genius

I'll always be a Cole Miner.

There was a Cena/Miz feud? All I remember is the Cena/Rock feud leading up to WM27...

Feud may have been the wrong word, but for 2 (maybe 3?) PPV in 2011 the main event was Miz/Cena.

Zach

Yup. I'm definitely not missing Thunder. Even when there is a cliffhanger. They just recap it on the next Nitro anyway.

And this makes me wonder: what was the most significant thing to happen on an episode of Thunder? I'm sure someone here knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. I'm definitely not missing Thunder. Even when there is a cliffhanger. They just recap it on the next Nitro anyway.

And this makes me wonder: what was the most significant thing to happen on an episode of Thunder? I'm sure someone here knows.

Glacier Debut

Didn't David Arquette win the title on a Thunder?

Zach

So I've been watching The Great American Bash '98 (it's shockingly okay!) and I'm increasingly disillusioned with my boy Tony Schiavone. Not for the much-maligned "biggest/greatest event/night in the history of our sport" or for saying "very, very" all the time or even his cliche-within-a-cliche "the old cliche", but for his sudden overuse of "literally".

Now, I know the definition of "literally" has changed recently and now it's acceptable to use it to add emphasis instead of actually meaning literally (worst change ever), but I will NOT turn a blind eye to incorrect usage in 1998! Especially when it happens literally every match.

My life as a Tony Schiavone apologist is getting harder and harder.

RBH

This is actually a really good question. Aside from the obvious David Arquette title win, I honestly can't think of much of anything that happened on Thunder.

Like, if someone asked me for the best moment in WCW Thunder history, I honestly wouldn't know what to say.

I'm sure someone in this thread can think of something significant that happened on Thunder aside from Arquette..........

Zach

Dave wins the belt on Thunder.

Wikipedia said:
On the following episode of Thunder, Arquette teamed with Page in a match against Bischoff and Jeff Jarrett, with the stipulation that whichever man got the pin would take the championship. Arquette pinned Bischoff again in the match's finish, receiving the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in the process.

Yaaay!

This is actually a really good question. Aside from the obvious David Arquette title win, I honestly can't think of much of anything that happened on Thunder.

Like, if someone asked me for the best moment in WCW Thunder history, I honestly wouldn't know what to say.

We need to get to the bottom of this. I bet something else happened.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A couple of US title changes.

During Russo's two booking stints he did actually make Thunder about equal with Nitro, but a lot of that is down to how crappy Nitro had become. When he leaves its an even worse show both times.

Ithil

I think the funniest part was that one time they got Roman over in Philly and then promptly forgot what they did to get Roman over

The problem is that was a once-off pull out all the stops "emergency" angle. Having Vince come back after over a year off TV (and two years off TV before that), having the WWE title change on RAW with that firing stipulation that basically told the audience it was a title chance in advance, and having him super manpunch Vince.

Now Vince is just another authority figure already, and you can't do the title vs career on RAW again.
Plus I mean if you needed to do all that shit above just to get him over for one night, and it fizzled out within weeks, that tells you all you need to know.

KingBroly

Banned
You're watching a scripted television show. That's all professional wrestling is.

If they're going to try and make him Cena, fine. But don't blatantly steal stuff that happened in the past 3 years to other characters. Because that's when you lose control of what you're doing.

Cagey

Banned
If they're going to try and make him Cena, fine. But don't blatantly steal stuff that happened in the past 3 years to other characters. Because that's when you lose control of what you're doing.

A broken nose is a perfectly logical injury to attribute to someone who took the kind of beating Triple H handed out on Monday. It's logical storytelling. They've not lost control of anything.

A broken orbital bone or jaw would also work but those are much harder to fake on a weekly basis and wouldn't have the great visual of blood streaming down someone's face.

Top Bottom