• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Ithil

I think everyone but Vince sees it's not working.

Vince sees the backlash and then comes up with some new way that he's sure will get people to cheer roman as a baby face. But he just makes the situation worse most times. Vince thinks the audience just isn't getting it, when it's really the other way around.

If that's what they want out of their top guy then they have to abandon their all-in play with Roman.

WWE obviously have their criteria for "top guy". Yet Reigns really only fills a single one of them (the preferred look), but it seems like that's good enough for some reason?
But people who fill all of them except one get shut out.

It's just weird.

Mahonay

Banned
wow

AvXwPlJ.gif
holy shit.

I think Cena has shown, whether natural or learned, to have great skill controlling and working a crowd, and building a match that Roman doesn't have.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
They're not going to do that. Look at Seth, having to talk for 15-20 minutes every week even though it's not his strong suit. And he's better than Reigns is at talking.
Frankly no one should talk for so long, but they've got 3 hours to fill.

Its weird they haven't figured this out. Even back when Raw was 2 hours, look at the McMahon-Helmsley era. Listening to HHH/Steph drone on for the first 20 minutes of every show got almost everyone I know to stop watching wrestling.

I marked out for Shane, been real down of wrestling for ages but that was cool. A decent return that actually has weight behind it as in 'woah can't believe he's back' type thing as opposed to Jericho coming back 4 times a year and we're expected to keep being excited.

Other than that I have morbid excitement towards seeing the main event get shit on by the crowd. WWE deserve it for being so terrible at listening to the fans. The conspiracy theorist in me would say HHH booked it so he could get cheered knowing marks will cheer him before they cheered Reigns (like on Raw).

I hope they just boo everything involved. :)

Zach

El Dandy is one of my favorite wrestler names ever. So fucking stupid.

Oh most def. El Dandy is an incredible name. And that guy's look... amazing.

And I just remembered that my friends and I used to jokingly give each other the vicious El Dandy left hand. Just brutal.

shanafan

Tickets bought for Raw coming back to Detroit on July 11. Sitting 7th row behind the announcing table.

I hope Cena and Rollins will be back by then!

Brock should have never dropped the belt a year ago. The title went right to being shit once Rollins got it and started jobbing in tag and non title matches. Would have been great if Brock still had that title and lost clean to a guy like AJ or Fin. The belt once again just seems pointless after how special they made it during Brocks reign.

I marked out for Shane, been real down of wrestling for ages but that was cool. A decent return that actually has weight behind it as in 'woah can't believe he's back' type thing as opposed to Jericho coming back 4 times a year and we're expected to keep being excited.

Other than that I have morbid excitement towards seeing the main event get shit on by the crowd. WWE deserve it for being so terrible at listening to the fans. The conspiracy theorist in me would say HHH booked it so he could get cheered knowing marks will cheer him before they cheered Reigns (like on Raw).

I hope they just boo everything involved. :)

See, I don't believe this for one bit. Shane combing back and saying the things he did was a clear indicator the WWE know exactly what their fans are saying. That whole interaction was played up for the smarks and the crowd ate every little moment of it up. Shit, even this thread and /squaredcircle were speculating on if Shane was really coming back to take over WWE in some respects.

Daniel Bryan retiring was probably better than sex for Vince and co. Now they can put 100% of their efforts behind Roman even if the public thinks otherwise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Bryan retiring was probably better than sex for Vince and co. Now they can put 100% of their efforts behind Roman even if the public thinks otherwise.

Why would you think this? Vince loves to make money, and he made money with Daniel Bryan. It sucks to lose a way to make money.

Seriously, why would you think this?

Top Bottom