• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, I thought Daniel Bryan was a vanilla midget that couldn't draw. Isn't that why Batista won the Rumble?

He made money. Always debatable if someone else could have made more, but WWE course corrected, made money and gave people what they wanted. No harm no foul.

Why would you think this? Vince loves to make money, and he made money with Daniel Bryan. It sucks to lose a way to make money.

Seriously, why would you think this?

Still on this?

luther-sigh.gif
I'm talking creative plans, not if the man can draw. Don't give me this faux outrage!

Mahonay

Banned
You know what's fucking crazy? WWE is reminding me exactly of 1995 WCW. The product as a whole is the absolute shits all centered around a face their core fan base loathes, but meanwhile there is this sudden influx of insanely good international workers. I hope like WCW, we get some all-time clinics once they start making those potential match ups with everyone they've signed so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's fucking crazy? WWE is reminding me exactly of 1995 WCW. The product as a whole is the absolute shits all centered around a face their core fan base loathes, but meanwhile there is this sudden influx of insanely good international workers. I hope like WCW, we get some all-time clinics once they start making those potential match ups with everyone they've signed so far.

Is there anyone as good-looking as Juventud?

Also, I'm drawing some parallels with the Dungeon of Doom and the Wyatts now. Thanks.

The arrival of nWo this summer eh?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I -love- Kevin Sullivan. He's awesome. Great mind too.

5wQhugA.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Kevin Sullivan remained in great shape in his older days
cG5uCul.jpg

Anth0ny

So you guys are saying you prefer Cena to Roman.

Fascinating.

Cena is legit better than Roman in every way.

I have this crazy feeling that Vince is a genius that created the Roman Reigns character with one singular purpose... to make John Cena look strong. If any opponent would get the entire crowd to cheer for John Cena, it would be Roman Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cena is legit better than Roman in every way.

I have this crazy feeling that Vince is a genius that created the Roman Reigns character with one singular purpose... to make John Cena look strong. If any opponent would get the entire crowd to cheer for John Cena, it would be Roman Reigns.

Occam's Razor. Roman just isn't the right fit for the mold they have. The mold will change in time.

Every time there's been THE GUY it's always been a marked change from the previous guy.

Mahonay

Banned
Occam's Razor. Roman just isn't the right fit for the mold they have. The mold will change in time.

Every time there's been THE GUY it's always been a marked change from the previous guy.
Cena's run did not start out by everyone immediately hating him from the very beginning. I'd say this situation is different.

Ithil

So Reigns is the obligatory casualty of their "let's do the same mold again" thing?
Like Lex Luger was, when they looked to make him Hogan 2.

Sephzilla

Yeah, comparing Roman to Lex Luger is pretty apt since Roman so far is to Cena what the Lex Express was to Hulk Hogan. The differences here are that Roman has more upside than Lex Luger, and there's no already-over Bret Hart type character to take over again once Roman doesn't pan out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cena's run did not start out by everyone immediately hating him from the very start. I'd say this situation is different.

Well, Cena coming to uh, term, if we can use a pregnancy thing, was very different from Austin on his way out. Austin was a cunt. Cena hit his stride being all-american Marine-style, that was when he hit critical mass. Previous to Austin was who, Hogan? Very different. After Cena, we had what appeared to be Bryan before bad luck happened.

So Reigns is the obligatory casualty of their "let's do the same mold again" thing?
Like Lex Luger was, when they looked to make him Hogan 2.

I think so, honestly.

Mahonay

Banned
????
This is from '05, when he had held the title for a shorter period of time than Roman has currently:
same-old-crap-john-cena.jpg
His first run as US Champ was pretty hot from what I remember. He got a huge pop at WM20. I consider that the start.

People got sick of him fast for sure, but it didn't get like that from the very first time he was presented for a singles push like with Reigns.

If I'm going to have someone rammed through as champion, I'd rather it be Cena. At least then it doesn't set Roman up to have his future shortened by a horrible title reign.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know if he's actually improved or not, but I enjoy most of Cena's matches and he can act, so if he gets in a feud with someone else who can act, its usually a bright spot of the show.

Top Bottom