• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Mahonay

Banned
It's an imperfect parallel to compare Cena's US title run with Roman as part of the Shield, I will grant you that. It is also totally unfair to act as if Roman did not exist as an individual prior to the spring of 2014.

It's incredibly insulting to diminish him as a person like that. I'm reticent to say it's racially motivated, but it's hard to ignore the history of wrestling fans marginalizing and mistreating non-white performers.
Dude are you fucking crazy?

Heroman

Banned
It's an imperfect parallel to compare Cena's US title run with Roman as part of the Shield, I will grant you that. It is also totally unfair to act as if Roman did not exist as an individual prior to the spring of 2014.

It's incredibly insulting to diminish him as a person like that. I'm reticent to say it's racially motivated, but it's hard to ignore the history of wrestling fans marginalizing and mistreating non-white performers.
Dude get that shit out of here, no hates roman cause he no white dude and this dude right here is perhaps the biggest star wwe has ever had and he anit white.
the-rock-a-435.jpg

Oh fuck off with that concern troll bullshit. It's completely valid to question Roman's popularity as an individual when compared to his popularity as part of a group, and you framing this as a racial issue is insulting and just another occasion where you and a select few posters in this thread do nothing but pretend you're above the rest.

I just think it's pretty telling that wrestling fans can praise Cena for the period when he was shamelessly appropriating black culture in the same breath that they attribute Roman's success to his white co-workers.

Ithil

I just think it's pretty telling that people can praise Cena for the period when he was shamelessly appropriating black culture in the same breath that they attribute Roman's success to his white co-workers.

I think when people have already pointed out your concern trolling, it's pointless to keep attempting it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh fuck off with that concern troll bullshit. It's completely valid to question Roman's popularity as an individual when compared to his popularity as part of a group, and you framing this as a racial issue is insulting and just another occasion where you and a select few posters in this thread do nothing but pretend you're above the rest.

Honestly, just report him to Y2Kev and let the mods sort it out. Trying to convince a troll he's trolling isn't a good use of your time or effort when we already had the thread locked and a mod straight up tell us bans will be handed out for trolling.

For a moment I thought that was Senile Scott Steiner.
Considering how mad his promos already are I eagerly anticipate the ramblings of Senile Steiner.

Cena will always be what ever it is that Cena is.
A true legend with a legacy that surpasses Ric Flair.

Thugonomics Cena was over as fuck. Crowds honestly didn't start turning on him until he started transitioning into the stale babyface he's been for the last decade.
I remember getting back into WWE in the summer of 2005 when he feuded with Jericho, I was rooting for Jericho but had no beef with Cena, still the crowd at SS was split.
I think the turning point was maybe the last match with Jericho (that was his send off) which was a full on overcome the odds moment.

CMLL announced 2 hair vs Hair matches for their March show

Volador Jr vs negro cases
Rush vs Maximo sexy

Guess come for and rush win to set up a match at the anniversary show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't fear the ignore list if you don't like someone's opinions, it's better than trying to get this place shut down.

Considering how mad his promos already are I eagerly anticipate the ramblings of Senile Steiner.

Could you imagine if Scott Steiner had hooked up with SATAN? Oh lord!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
whoops that's what I get for having 2 threads open at once - posted in the wrong thread!

Zach

I built you up for this?

We're almost not friends anymore. Almost.

Mahonay

Banned
I just think it's pretty telling that wrestling fans can praise Cena for the period when he was shamelessly appropriating black culture in the same breath that they attribute Roman's success to his white co-workers.
I have a black sister and a gay father. The champion could be a transsexual lizard for all I fucking care if he could shoot to draw and bring in some gate.

Seriously you can stop with that shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF's Street Fighter V Tournament

It's unveiled, friends.

RULES: Best of 5 - Best of Five sets, 2/3.
So, 5 sets of 2/3.
Single Elimination. No trickery here. If you lose, permadeath
Link up on your own time, report the winner and loser
Feel free to train and have fun beforehand!

If the intial match hasn't occurred by this coming Sunday, that's a forfeit by whoever isn't showing up, and we won't humor any buffoonery.

Reminder: Winner gets the SFV Season Pass on their platform!

nVaj1g9.png

Zach

Perspy, my boy, I think the thing you're doing has run its course. Can you just post sincerely now? That would be great.

Sephzilla

It's unveiled, friends.

RULES: Best of 5

Question - are we talking one best of 5 rounds match or best of 5 sets?

Also, seriously, thanks for setting this up. I'm excited.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question - are we talking one best of 5 rounds match or best of 5 sets?

Also, seriously, thanks for setting this up. I'm excited.

Best of Five sets, 2/3.

So, 5 sets of 2/3. I'll edit the post.

Caderfix

Yeah, this is one of the most bullshit posts I've seen in this thread, if not THE most bullshit post.

shanafan

0-7 in SFV casual matches. I have won two rounds though!

I have no idea what I am doing. The bars at the bottom of the screen are foreign to me.

It's unveiled, friends.

RULES: Best of 5 - Best of Five sets, 2/3.
So, 5 sets of 2/3.

If the intial match hasn't occurred by this coming Sunday, that's a forfeit by whoever isn't showing up, and we won't humor any buffoonery.

Reminder: Winner gets the SFV Season Pass on their platform!

nVaj1g9.png
Hell yeah, come at me serpentine! I'm ready!

What's update on Stinger post injury? Do we have any new news on him?

Not to be a dick, but hopefully him not coming back beyond HOF induction. I wish the nostalgia trains would move on from current fans. I get some guys can be draws, but continuing to have these guys around is only preventing things from moving forward.

Top Bottom