• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Recall

I was watching Beast in the East for the first time (Meh aside from the fantastic Owens/Balor match. They should do more shows in Japan) and a fan really stood out to me .

Jericho vs Neville was genuinely incredible.

How come no one even mentions it :(

kirblar

Charlotte should face Brie at Fastlane, if only for a spot where Daniel Bryan's in her corner and kisses Ric to distract him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte should face Brie at Fastlane, if only for a spot where Daniel Bryan's in her corner and kisses Ric to distract him.

I don't want to see Brie doing anything in a ring, so there's that

KingBroly

Banned
I don't want to see Brie doing anything in a ring, so there's that

3-way at Fastlane: Charlotte v Brie v Becky FOR THE TITLE

Sasha v. Tamina & Naomi at Fastlane

Big Wrestlemania Showdown FOR TITLE
Charlotte (Champion) versus Sasha Banks (Challenger)

I'm clearly a booking genius, so naturally WWE won't do this.

Pikma

Banned

How have your shitty Caps been btw? You haven't visited the NHL thread in a while

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think Becky and Sasha are going to be in a Triple Threat at WM for the Divas title.

The Ryberg thing is weird. It has to be an angle. Why would he make himself look even more like Goldberg unless he wanted the Goldberg chants to get louder?

Menome

Waiting for confirmation on Titus O'Neill's injury:

H9rkJ7w.png

Ryback went full Goldberg with his new gear:
No more singlets?! what is this shit?!

There's no way you can spin "50/50 feud with Dolph Ziggler in 2016" as a positive. I'm sorry.
The key points right here.
Also, whilst browsing the internet:
daily-afternoon-randomness-30.jpg

I was watching a 2000 Raw on the network just the other day (the one where HHH shockingly reveals that he's Rikishi's accomplice) and they were shilling this book, it had a spot on the announce table and everything.
Even a preview of the inside which was seemingly full of stock images of the wrestlers with vaguely named meals like "Kurt Angle's Olympic Salad" or something equally as uninspired.

Browny

Banned
I was watching a 2000 Raw on the network just the other day (the one where HHH shockingly reveals that he's Rikishi's accomplice) and they were shilling this book, it had a spot on the announce table and everything.
Even a preview of the inside which was seemingly full of stock images of the wrestlers with vaguely named meals like "Kurt Angle's Olympic Salad" or something equally as uninspired.

If you were running late 90s Rock vs Angle in 2016 in a non-PG environment, I would fully expect something about tossing Angle's Olympic salad as a Rock line of hilarity.

Also, each time I look at this, I wonder why the fuck JR is cooking with both a spatula and chopsticks.

Also, I need more pancakes in my life.

No more singlets?! what is this shit?!

The key points right here.

Mick Foley's Knuckle Sandwiches
Sgt. Slaughter's Mess Hall Dip
Bull Buchanan's Beefy Barley Soup
Gangrel's Deviled Eggs
Chyna's Guacamole Salad
Lita's Ceviche
Edge's Party Balls
Grilled Steak Benoit
Dean Malenko's Stroganoff
Kaientai's Stir Fry
Jacqueline’s Luscious Stuffed Green Peppers
Big Bossman’s Pepper Steak
Rikishi's Rump Roast
Hardcore Holly’s Big Beefy Balls
Harvey Wippleman's Southern Salmon Patties
Pat Patterson’s Big Cabbage Balls
Mr. McMahon’s Big Boiled Grapefruits
Ivory's One Pan Fish Dinner
Michael Hayes' P.S. Potato Skins
Test’s Tostados
Doodles Are Jericho
Godfather’s Makin’ Chocolate Pie is Easy

kiguel182

You're forgetting something about the Owens/Ziggler "feud" (let's say series of match.. ).
Ziggler is the star of a movie incoming from the WWE studios.

Now sure it's always about the context and sometimes you're not at the right spot. But still i feel this is really bad sign for Owens. That at least means they stopped thinking (as they were clearly 2 months ago) that he had to look super legit and strong in the ring, and be protected.

They just found out. Hey this heel works great when he loses his matches and his pissed after that. I'm telling you they may be turning him into a joke "angry looser" character.

Maybe they are pissed at him bullying people on twitter, or maybe he's doing things on his own sometimes. I'm still pretty sure Owens tends to look better booked than what he really is, cause of personal little things he adds in segments. For exemple, who knows if the "welcome to wwe" line at the rumble was planned. It looked like they were preparing someting for both of them, cause he added that line that made it somewhat personal (he's from the same place as AJ), but maybe that was just Owens being too creative for the wwe.

Maybe also Vince is depushing him cause he things his heat is weak. Let's face it. Owens has weak responses a lot of time and i'm pretty sure it's due to Smarks being super fans and kinda muting the others. So in the end he has more of a weak face reaction than a heel one..

Hopfully i'm wrong and he'll be booked strong again since WM.

Owens always has a great pop when his music hits.

WWE just doesn't know what to do with them because they can't book feuds and midcard guys even if their lifes depended on it.

kiguel182

But I thought we wanted
Kalisto
to win!

Guess you fix one thing by fucking up something else.

Why even have that match?

Do a promo segment, an interview, something more creative. Just anything. No one benefits from that.

The lack of creativity in this company is something else.

When did Edge really start to get his huge pop? I jumped to 2011 PPV and was shocked at how much pop he got. Last thing I remember him in was back in the initial feud with the Hardy's and then people were just cheering to cheer because shit was insane.

Also the history of the WWE Championship/World Heavyweight (WCW) belt is...odd. Split, unified, split, unified again, but what makes it so odd is when you hear guys being called as "10 time world champ" when most of them were with the World Heavyweight belt.

When did Edge really start to get his huge pop? I jumped to 2011 PPV and was shocked at how much pop he got. Last thing I remember him in was back in the initial feud with the Hardy's and then people were just cheering to cheer because shit was insane.

Also the history of the WWE Championship/World Heavyweight (WCW) belt is...odd. Split, unified, split, unified again, but what makes it so odd is when you hear guys being called as "10 time world champ" when most of them were with the World Heavyweight belt.
edge-and-lita-o.gif

I mean they were trying to make him a heel, and he already had Money In The Bank, but that's where it really stuck.

jmdajr

Edge was awesome. I miss him.

"You're pissed that I'm fucking Lita? How bout I do it on national TV!"

Matt looked like the biggest fucking loser ever.

I mainly remember his first teaming run with Christian and when the Dudley Boyz came in the first time.

That said, trying to piece together what to watch between 2001 and now is near impossible. Far too many PPV.

orioto

Good Art™
Owens always has a great pop when his music hits.

WWE just doesn't know what to do with them because they can't book feuds and midcard guys even if their lifes depended on it.

But he doesn't have Ambrose or Reigns pops.

And.. Should i remind you he's a heel :p That's not the reaction the wwe wants. They wants loud boos or loud pops. Anything in between is bad. They'll remove the soul of a gimmick if it's what it takes to stop a heel from being cheered.

That's what i'm saying he's cheered by guys our age. He's kinda ignored by ambrose loving girls and cena kids.

shanafan

But he doesn't have Ambrose or Reigns pops.

And.. Should i remind you he's a heel :p That's not the reaction the wwe wants. They wants loud boos or loud pops. Anything in between is bad. They'll remove the soul of a gimmick if it's what it takes to stop a heel from being cheered.

That's what i'm saying he's cheered by guys our age. He's kinda ignored by ambrose loving girls and cena kids.

He had a really good pop when he entered the Rumble last week.

DMczaf

Just found out my coworker was fired this morning, no fucking idea when they did it.

I left the office around 5:30PM last night, got in this morning around 7AM and all his shit was gone.

That's some carny ass way to fire someone.

MG310

Not to mention Itami vs. Nakamura if they do the rumored NXT Takeover: Tokyo in Korakuen Hall. That's a dream match in Puro, and fucking WWE will be the one to do it.

So Nakamura will be with WWE for two weeks to train at the performance center. Since he travels out of NYC anyway, hopefully he'll be around for the second leg of the NXT east coast house shows in Philly, Asbury Park, and Albany (wholly for selfish reasons, as I'm going to the one in Albany)

That'd be amazing since I'm going to one of those but not getting my hopes up.

shanafan

Just found out my coworker was fired this morning, no fucking idea when they did it.

I left the office around 5:30PM last night, got in this morning around 7AM and all his shit was gone.

That's some carny ass way to fire someone.

Well, it might depend on the severity of why he was fired.

Sorry though

Top Bottom