• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

FyreWulff

Is Jericho the only WCW guy whose theme has been dubbed over? I know they dubbed over Sandman's theme at ONS 05.

Goldberg and DDP get dubbed too. And if Michael Buffer was announcing they edit out him out as much as possible re: camera time and then have their current announcer do an overdub, so it's a guy announcing a match when he was like

3 years old

edit: they also edited in No Chance in Hell for when Bischoff challenged McMahon to a match, which was originally no music, which means canonically No Chance In Hell debuts in WCW now :lol

Kaladin

Yeah those weren't so great.

It's so obvious they're largely tourist crowds. You think a wrasslin smark crowd would sit through 30 minutes of a live 2 hour taping while things were filmed in the back and they had no big screens to follow anything on, and no action in the ring to keep them entertained?

vwKLEg6.jpg

LU issue 3

https://m.imgur.com/a/2z896

Kaladin

Meltzer is also a fortune teller

CcAl9hgWEAAqx0f.png

Seth has come a long way on his promos since FCW.

That being said, the FCW crowd was horrible to judge any wrestler's performance on.

From what I remember though, he was largely groomed for the main event scene with the FCW 15 title run and so forth.

Zach

Raven, DDP

It crushes me that there are so many dubs (and Raven doesn't even have music!), but one thing I find humorous is that Public Enemy usually has a dub, but occasionally has their regular theme. It's really weird. Like they were dubbing them and then some guy popped in like "oh hey, we actually own the rights to their theme" and they were just like "good enough."

WCW has the best crowds.

What I love most is how much they LOVE Dean Malenko and HATE Chris Jericho.

It's gah dang amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Verdict on spinach-artichoke hummus - nothing special. I'll stick with spicy hummus.

It crushes me that there are so many dubs (and Raven doesn't even have music!), but one thing I find humorous is that Public Enemy usually has a dub, but occasionally has their regular theme. It's really weird. Like they were dubbing them and then some guy popped in like "oh hey, we actually own the rights to their theme" and they were just like "good enough."

What I love most is how much they LOVE Dean Malenko and HATE Chris Jericho.

It's gah dang amazing.

And DDP guy is super over

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I felt like I was the only one who didn't like Jack Evans the other week in LU but this week he looks fantastic. I love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. Drago. DRAGO.

Jack Evans is doing amazing here. This is great.

korly

I just got around to watching LAST WEEKS Lucha Underground and it's kind of hilarious that they gave Joey Ryan the Big Dick Johnson theme.

Kuroyume

Banned
WCW has the best crowds.

First nitro if 98 is pretty solid

I miss seeing fans throw trash in the ring. I know it sucked for the wrestlers, but it made the shows look more crazy.

https://youtu.be/LuMtcBJWxo8?t=2m58s

Just look at all that trash before Hogan opens his mouth. The heat. Fucking nuts. But it's cool to see a crowd alive and into it so much.

Some other favorite videos of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_NTCG0LYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56tSCzymUnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6MoslS58ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkhoF1FYBs

UberTag

So Owens wasn't on Raw and then they have him on SD Vs.
Big Slow
. They need to start doing that WM build WTF
They're focusing on the big marquee singles main event matches first.
We'll get confirmation of Charlotte's opponent(s) next week and the rest of the undercard will then begin to take shape.

TheFuzz

Shane won't just get tossed off the cell or anything, he will want to do something that hasn't been done. Ya know, since he's crazy.

I can totally see an elbow drop off the cell onto Taker on a table. Or he climbs the inside of the cell and leaps off of it onto Taker.

somedevil

Ciampa is an interesting case. They have him on a winning streak yet he is not on the dallas card. I wonder what they are planning for him.

Hex

Banned
It is remarkable to me that Lucha Underground can have four matches, advance stories and fluff and have plenty of commercials all in an hour.

Alucard

Banned
Still watching my TNA Ultimate Matches DVD. Holy hell did AJ Styles not give a shit about his back in these Ultimate X matches. He lands flat from the top of the cable in almost every match. Just painful to watch.

UberTag

It is remarkable to me that Lucha Underground can have four matches, advance stories and fluff and have plenty of commercials all in an hour.
Shouldn't be that remarkable. NXT occasionally pulls that trick off. RAW used to do that effortlessly in its heyday as well.

One thing that works for them with that is a lot of pre-recorded promo spots. It's cut down on a lot of the awkward waits while the crowd keeps yelling WHAT. I would also imagine when you have an hour you're going to be razor focused on making things move forward. Not to mention their whole thing is completely production driven instead of "Here comes the son to take back what's his" kind of stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, WWE hasn't been very good at this, well, ever. Especially now, obviously, but LU has everything so tight and nothing is wasted. Very little "Moments ago" replays as well, of course.

TheFuzz

Can we all be honest for a moment? Between Shane and Brock/Ambrose, what are the chances that WWE Network broadcasts a live murder?

50/50

Top Bottom