• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Hex

Banned
I am so sick of that Wrestlemania song which also happens to be in a Pizza Hut commercial.
I will say this...Eva Marie is staggeringly gorgeous. But...her entrance makes me thing of Rainmaker Okada

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So Owens wasn't on Raw and then they have him on SD Vs.
Big Slow
. They need to start doing that WM build WTF

6 weeks until mania

They're focusing on the big marquee singles main event matches first.
We'll get confirmation of Charlotte's opponent(s) next week and the rest of the undercard will then begin to take shape.

I bet you anything we do not get confirmation of Charlotte's opponent next week.

ZCnUUzO.png

We can only hope that Shane will have Cesaro wrestle for him

Cesaro vs Taker at mania

Big Show sure did slim down.

I am so sick of that Wrestlemania song which also happens to be in a Pizza Hut commercial.
I will say this...Eva Marie is staggeringly gorgeous. But...her entrance makes me thing of Rainmaker Okada

oooooh written in the stars

goat mania song after my way

LycanXIII

WM has had some horrible themes lately. The last one I can say that I enjoyed was "Ladies and Gentlemen."

WM 23 was 9 years ago, but out of the 32 wrestlers on that card, there's most likely only going to be 2 of them at this year's. Only 4 of them, including Taker, are still active wrestlers for WWE.

But as a part-time wrestler, HHH’s role was to set up the new star, which means losing the title, unless Vince McMahon gets cold feet again. But this time, there’s really no answer. The most popular wrestler, Brock Lesnar, is also part-time. Dean Ambrose isn’t Vince McMahon’s type. They can go back to Cena as the default guy, but they’ve got nobody in developmental right now that that fully fits the standards they want as a new Cena. That’s not to say that putting a likeable character like Sami Zayn in that spot to today’s audience that it may not work. It probably will. But that requires Vince McMahon to see wrestling as something different than he sees it.

And at this point, it doesn’t seem to matter. Business is what business is. There are no major difference makers, except maybe for a unique match here and there. Whether Roman Reigns or Sami Zayn or Dean Ambrose is the face of the company, it’ s not 1987 when you change the world champion and put the wrong guy with the belt and business goes to hell. The story of the last several years has been the struggle between the hardcore fans and the decision makers relying on what the standards once were and aren’t any longer. And in the end, none of this seems to have any bearing on the bottom line.

WrestleMania will do whatever it’ll do, and perhaps slightly better if people get into the battle for control of the company, or believe it’s a can’t miss because they’re told it’s the greatest WrestleMania of all-time and they believe it.

Some metlzspective

rrc1594

Taker's in ring work really got better in the 2000s. Watching some 90s matches, he is not that great. I'll say even less athletic which is weird because he's younger.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Taker's in ring work really got better in the 2000s. Watching some 90s matches, he is not that great. I'll say even less athletic which is weird because he's younger.

His first flash of hey, this guy is pretty good is in his match against Diesel at WM XII.

His classic wars with Mankind later in 1996 showed that he could really go.

Gurrry

regarding smackdown

its hilarious how they edit the audio over HHH to be boo's and roman gets loud cheers when it was literally the exact opposite on live tv just yesterday.

Mahonay

Banned
Most of his matches were garbage on a technical level. It's crazy just how much better he got as a ring worker as he got older.
hbk vs hogan is god tier overselling
It's fucking hilarious, I love that match. HBK is a dick but fuck Hulk Hogan.

Top Bottom