• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Browny

Banned
Just found out my coworker was fired this morning, no fucking idea when they did it.

I left the office around 5:30PM last night, got in this morning around 7AM and all his shit was gone.

That's some carny ass way to fire someone.

TNA Feast Or Fired?
Hopefully it doesn't fuck you over too much?

Admittedly, I left my previous job on zero notice - called in late on a Friday, packed up my stuff and that was it. They told my colleagues that I'd found a better opportunity at really short notice. Carny indeed.

DMczaf

TNA Feast Or Fired?
Hopefully it doesn't fuck you over too much?

Admittedly, I left my previous job on zero notice - called in late on a Friday, packed up my stuff and that was it. They told my colleagues that I'd found a better opportunity at really short notice. Carny indeed.

Browny's carny game is strong as fuck.

That's Legit Carny.

DMczaf

Additional information:

We both applied for the same promotion internally at the end of December, I got it in early January.

Now he's fired.

Is this the office version of The Rockers?

Someone says it's a good way for at least some of the performers to get healthcare.

That's interesting. I mean in order to get healthcare, actor's need to be in their own union. I thought wrestlers were exempt, but I guess anything's possible in the WWE.

WWEShop's Valentine's Day banner:

i3oKGuJ.jpg

kiguel182

But he doesn't have Ambrose or Reigns pops.

And.. Should i remind you he's a heel :p That's not the reaction the wwe wants. They wants loud boos or loud pops. Anything in between is bad. They'll remove the soul of a gimmick if it's what it takes to stop a heel from being cheered.

That's what i'm saying he's cheered by guys our age. He's kinda ignored by ambrose loving girls and cena kids.

The problem is that mentality. Some people like him, some people hate him. They should just create a compelling character and then let them have supporters and opposers.

Instead they try to fit them into these very specific roles and make them bland as hell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But he doesn't have Ambrose or Reigns pops.

And.. Should i remind you he's a heel :p That's not the reaction the wwe wants. They wants loud boos or loud pops. Anything in between is bad. They'll remove the soul of a gimmick if it's what it takes to stop a heel from being cheered.

That's what i'm saying he's cheered by guys our age. He's kinda ignored by ambrose loving girls and cena kids.

You're overreacting. They clearly like Owens, a lot He sells a ton of merch and is over in all the ways he needs to be over.

Owens lost to Ziggler because they have no idea how else to book Owens into a feud with Ziggler, who has been straight-up jobbing for almost 6 months - it's not that Owens is supposed to look like a chump, its that Ziggler isn't a credible opponent unless he beats someone like Owens and WWE booking is based around series of fights, not single encounters (outside of WrestleMania) All of the complaints levied at Owens were complaints levied at Ziggler prior to the horrific Rusev program.

Cagey

Banned
Fellow body-obsessed, body-shaming WrassleGAF members (I see you, FE).

Is it me or was Rusev looking slimmed down a bit on Raw this past week?

I asked the same question too the other day. He's auditioning for that push!!

E: Spin, if they did a before and after look, HBK would be a perfect example to use. He really took the steps to be that superstar.

While we are talking about people vanishing from work.

Back when I was in college and working at a hotel doing waiter stuff during events. One time after a event we where packing up the space, stacking chairs, rolling tables back into the storage room etc... Some dude on his first day dropped a big ass round table on me while I was bending over to pick up another table and it cut me open pretty bad.

I never saw that guy again. I hope that guy didnt get got because of that accident.

I didnt hold anything against him, Dude was totally nervous afterwards but I made sure to tell him it was OK and shit happens before I had to go get cleaned up.

The managers where being unsafe pricks and just wanting shit done quick and putting making 1 person per table no matter how fucking large it was and when 1 person is rolling a 10 foot round table across a room something was bound to happen when everyone was just a bunch of skinny late teens.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Every one on the roster other than Swoleberto looks slimmed down.

Wednesday night war:

ROH

ROH TV Title Match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Masada
Top Prospect Tournament: Colby Corino vs. Punisher Martinez
Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly vs. Adam Cole and Jay Lethal

NXT

Non-Title Match: Finn Balor vs. Apollo Crews
The Vaudevillains vs. The Hype Bros.
Carmella vs. Emma
Asuka vs. Santana Garrett
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. jobbers

Lucha Underground
Johnny Mundo vs. Killshot
The Mack vs. PJ Black
Prince Puma and Pentagon vs. The Disciples of Death

Kaladin

Wednesday night war:

ROH

ROH TV Title Match: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Masada
Top Prospect Tournament: Colby Corino vs. Punisher Martinez
Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly vs. Adam Cole and Jay Lethal

NXT

Non-Title Match: Finn Balor vs. Apollo Crews
The Vaudevillains vs. The Hype Bros.
Carmella vs. Emma
Asuka vs. Santana Garrett
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. jobbers

Lucha Underground
Johnny Mundo vs. Killshot
The Mack vs. PJ Black
Prince Puma and Pentagon vs. The Disciples of Death

Tonight is the night.

I just wish I had a way to watch ROH. It seems to have improved since I last tuned in.

That dastardly Jericho ensured Punk couldn't stay clean.

xsreG.gif

Ah the feud that should've been great but really wasn't, I think this was roughly the point where Jericho turned down the path that led us to current "Cool Dad" Jericho.

Verendus

Banned
That dastardly Jericho ensured Punk couldn't stay clean.

xsreG.gif

Ah the feud that should've been great but really wasn't, I think this was roughly the point where Jericho turned down the path that led us to current "Cool Dad" Jericho.
Look at that skinny fatass motherjabroni on the mat.

If you squint, Jericho looks like Stone Cold though.

Kaladin

So if Time Warner buys Hulu and they loose next day streaming, what could that mean for the 90 minute version of Raw?

I can see the scenario where they keep it as is, because it's a deal with WWE, but I could also see where they would loose it with all other next day streaming.

In which case, WWE could put that version on the network and update it with the full version when the 30 day period would be up.

I'd also assume we'd get Smackdown quicker on the Network.

Top Bottom