• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought with how much they're paying him, they won't have him spend a lot of time in NXT. Maybe that's just rumours mill claims but I know they had to pay him a ton just to get him.

My guess is that the plan is to have him there, even with a big payday, because NXT is probably getting raided for talent soon. Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe and Finn Balor are all guys that could be moving on this year (not to mention Enzo and Cass).

My wild mass guess
is Zayn + one of Balor/Joe getting the call after WM and the other later in the year (maybe after SummerSlam or so). I expect Bayley to get called up too, but my wild mass guess that its not after WM, but later in the year as well. The well is not dry with Becky/Charlotte/Sasha. Paige has not gotten any work recently and I suspect they could very easily just pair any of those four off without a problem.

If all of those dudes move on, who is left?

klonere

Banned
Yeah Jericho could use a bit of polishing, hes lost 4 steps.

nYOKhV1.gif

Zach

So the girl I'm going to NXT with is a speech pathologist at an elementary school and she sees a few kids who love the wrassle, right? Apparently one today was talking about how much his dad loves JYD. Heh...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh the moment I hear Michael Cole say "up later is our main event: a six-man tag featuring Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles and the Big Show teaming up to take on the disciples of the Wyatt family!"

Anth0ny

I thought with how much they're paying him, they won't have him spend a lot of time in NXT. Maybe that's just rumours mill claims but I know they had to pay him a ton just to get him.

look how much they're paying Del Rio and look how they're treating him

WWE has more money than god. I don't think they think about it that hard. pretty sure Balor is getting paid and he's been in NXT forever. it's going to be the same deal with Nakamura because, to them, this Japanese dude needs to learn the WWE style and system.

even though he's already performed in front of tens of thousands in a Mania-like atmosphere multiple times

That stomp move is horrible outside of a one-off move. At least when Balor does a stomp move, he makes it look cool by getting a ton of hang-time.

It genuinely ruined that 2 out of 3 falls match for me with Kallisto because it was setup around 4 times in various ways, it's also something of a pacing killer.

The only issue I have with Balor's stomps is that considering the turnbuckle one is a finisher it makes the ground one seem sorta redundant in his moveset.

Luschient

Im also not knowledgeable about Arlington, Texas and how easy/cheap/fast/cumbersome it is for international fans to get there. Maybe if this were New York, then it would be easier.

I mean, it's "easy" to get there since you can fly into DFW airport from pretty much anywhere.

I live not even 25 minutes from the stadium and still haven't decided if I want to go or not. Having been to Cowboys' games before, I know what a cluster that area is when it's 60-70k people trying to get in/out of there. Can't imagine what 100k+ will do.

Angry Grimace

It is pretty funny that basically every guy you've heard of from about 3 years ago now works for WWE. The hilarity compounds when you consider they have all these guys, and Roman Reigns.

Whats Meltz on about there being 20k tickets left for Mania?

I dont doubt the stammering old man, but that seems crazy, or..does it?

Come on, with what you saw of the product for the last 6 months, you really thought that 1) 100,000 people (who we're assuming have brains) bought tickets to see a more expensive version of this mess and 2) nobody (or at least an insignificant amount) sold said tickets as said 6 months progressed and said product became noticeably shittier

WWE has more money than god. I don't think they think about it that hard. pretty sure Balor is getting paid and he's been in NXT forever. it's going to be the same deal with Nakamura because, to them, this Japanese dude needs to learn the WWE style and system.

even though he's already performed in front of tens of thousands in a Mania-like atmosphere multiple times

Didn't Del Rio get to walk straight in and win a 40 man rumble for the title?

It's weird. Nak in NXT while the man he shared an early MOTY candidate with just a few weeks ago gets to bypass NXT altogether. I don't really get it either.

I mean, it's "easy" to get there since you can fly into DFW airport from pretty much anywhere.

I live not even 25 minutes from the stadium and still haven't decided if I want to go or not. Having been to Cowboys' games before, I know what a cluster that area is when it's 60-70k people trying to get in/out of there. Can't imagine what 100k+ will do.

It's WWE. Stephanie/Vince/HHH will be scheduled to head to the ring halfway through the show and announce an attendance record, whether they've managed to break one or not.

Ithil

Didn't Del Rio get to walk straight in and win a 40 man rumble for the title?

It's weird. Nak in NXT while the man he shared an early MOTY candidate with just a few weeks ago gets to bypass NXT altogether. I don't really get it either.
Remember what happened to Sin Cara?
Nakamura even said he didn't follow WWE at all, I'm not even sure he's watched any shows, let alone know the style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What word got Bryan over the most?

Boner?

So the girl I'm going to NXT with is a speech pathologist at an elementary school and she sees a few kids who love the wrassle, right? Apparently one today was talking about how much his dad loves JYD. Heh...

You're seeing a speech pathologist too? uh...what school....?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT is WWE's premium brand, it doesn't mean they still need work to be on Raw, it simply means they're a better fit in NXT at the moment. Don't fret.

With Albertas, wwe needed the Hispanic star power so throwing money at your guy that was over was so much easier. Kalisto is going to be that guy soon but in WWE they love having Hispanic v Hispanic to get them over. I think it's strangr.
My guess is that the plan is to have him there, even with a big payday, because NXT is probably getting raided for talent soon. Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe and Finn Balor are all guys that could be moving on this year (not to mention Enzo and Cass).

My wild mass guess
is Zayn + one of Balor/Joe getting the call after WM and the other later in the year (maybe after SummerSlam or so). I expect Bayley to get called up too, but my wild mass guess that its not after WM, but later in the year as well. The well is not dry with Becky/Charlotte/Sasha. Paige has not gotten any work recently and I suspect they could very easily just pair any of those four off without a problem.

If all of those dudes move on, who is left?
You right, with that being the case then NXT will need some new blood as well. They have Naka, Apollo, Aries and the Libre guy they signed. It'llbe very strange especially with them wanting to tour but no huge guy like Finn. Maybe Naka can open up eyes like Finn has done.

As far as Bayley goes, that'll be a different story.

klonere

Banned
I'm gonna laugh the moment I hear Michael Cole say "up later is our main event: a six-man tag featuring Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles and the Big Show teaming up to take on the disciples of the Wyatt family!"

"this all stems from Smackdown two weeks ago when Bray Wyatt interfered in the main event of Balor vs Nakamura, non-title, distracting Nakamura and letting Balor get the roll up for the win. It is still unclear why Wyatt is targeting the Japanese superstar but one thing is for sure JBL, The Eater of Worlds will stop at nothing to destroy Nakamura"

"Yes Maggle, look at this here from last weeks Raw, BRAUN STROWMAN, just ragdolling poor AJ after his loss to Dolph Ziggler, oh my LORD look at the power of that man, I don't even think the giant Big Show will be able to stop this kind of destruction befalling his little pals"

etc etc.

Angry Grimace

They've got the Hispanic star in NXT with La Sombra! But yeah, Apollo is nowhere near ready to carry NXT. He's got a great look and he's got in-ring skill, he just needs to work on the promo work, which I think will come when he settles on a character that's not "generic babyface."

Also, I've said it once, I'll say it a bunch: Bayley gonna be a big hit on the main roster.

Oersted

Cheering for Haitch, Shane, Brock and Taker in 2016.

Meanwhile, every new wrestler is buried by Creative, fans or both. Sans AJ and Owens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Creepy. She lives here in Tulsa but works in the tiny town of Haskell.

Edit: She wants a name.

Lemme just PM you a photo instead of...this other stuff. You can then confirm or deny.

They've got the Hispanic star in NXT with La Sombra! But yeah, Apollo is nowhere near ready to carry NXT. He's got a great look and he's got in-ring skill, he just needs to work on the promo work, which I think will come when he settles on a character that's not "generic babyface."

Also, I've said it once, I'll say it a bunch: Bayley gonna be a big hit on the main roster.
Yeah, Sombra was who I was referring to.

I've not seen much of Apollo but everyone has reiterated exactly what you said of him.

Bayley could be the next Sting or Steamboat but it depends on if Vince is willing to allow that. But her merchandise sells are something serious so I could see him not messing up a good thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, man. I'm going to have to show her a picture? That's weird. You're weird. What a weirdo.

No, I PMed you a photo of her, you should HOPEFULLY be able to tell if this is the same person

Zach

No, I PMed you a photo of her, you should HOPEFULLY be able to tell if this is the same person

Wait. What? Same person? Like, we're seeing the same girl or something? Hahaha. That's silly. You're silly, NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

Edit: I see girl. I've never seen girl. Is she wearing a Joy Division shirt? What a hipster.

Anyway, I'll show the picture to my speech path friend and we'll see if there's any crossover. xoxo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. What? Same person? Like, we're seeing the same girl or something? Hahaha. That's silly. You're silly, NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

What can I say? Better safe than sorry. We ARE in the same town.

Ithil

I don't think they planned to keep Bálor down there for so long, but now he's like the face of NXT headlining all these touring shows, they kinda need him for those.

Edit: I see girl. I've never seen girl. Is she wearing a Joy Division shirt? What a hipster.

Anyway, I'll show the picture to my speech path friend and we'll see if there's any crossover. xoxo
Joy Division rules

Angry Grimace

Yeah, Sombra was who I was referring to.

I've not seen much of Apollo but everyone has reiterated exactly what you said of him.

Bayley could be the next Sting or Steamboat but it depends on if Vince is willing to allow that. But her merchandise sells are something serious so I could see him not messing up a good thing.

Her character is basically Female John Cena except crowds react to her like she's Female Daniel Bryan.

Ithil

Her character is basically Female John Cena except crowds react to her like she's Female Daniel Bryan.

Is she really female John Cena though? Does she smirk and laugh off all threats, use kayfabe breaking against heels who can't do the same, or make poop jokes, or throw tantrums til she gets what she wants?

Top Bottom