• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Owzers

HHH at the start of Smackdown is hilarious. "Guys, stop cheering for me, i might be the devil. You're supposed to like Reigns."

I tend to just watch Raw though, switching to the GOP Debate for a different version of wrestling.

Nekofrog

Banned
guys i have a problem

seeing shane's tweets have gotten me insanely hyped for wrestlemania

i haven't felt hyped about a wwe event in so long that my brain doesn't know how to handle it

i get happy feelings when i think about it. the wwe shouldn't be invoking happy feelings. what is happening to me? :(

Kaladin

guys i have a problem

seeing shane's tweets have gotten me insanely hyped for wrestlemania

i haven't felt hyped about a wwe event in so long that my brain doesn't know how to handle it

i get happy feelings when i think about it. the wwe shouldn't be invoking happy feelings. what is happening to me? :(

It's okay friend.

The thought of a McMahon killing himself for our pleasure on live TV gets me hype also.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to map out an exit plan out of this state. I've been here 19 years now and do not understand why I havent left when i can easily relocate to any of the other states that house different branches of my business.

Like Colorado.

FallingEdge is in CO and LOVES it.

Raw64life

So apparently they are paying Nakamura main roster, main event type money (although not millions), so he's only expected to be in NXT for like a couple months; he also specifically negotiated keeping his name and his ring outfits.

I don't think a dollar amount was ever given amount but it was also said that they paid Finn Balor pretty big money since he was making six figures in NJPW and he's been in NXT for quite some time now.

Didn't realize how long Cody's been with the company. He had a decent match with Shane on Superstars in 09. I'll try to post a link later when I get home.

Kaladin

Evolve is making some killer shows Mania weekend.

EVOLVE 58 - Dallas, TX - April 1st - 4pm CST

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Flyer
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay

Tag Team Challenge Match
Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Plus more to be signed with Timothy Thatcher, Johnny Gargano, Drew Galloway, Ricochet, Sami Callihan, TJ Perkins, Marty Scurll Caleb Konley, Anthony Nese, Matt Riddle, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

EVOLVE 59 - Dallas, TX - April 2nd - Noon CST

USA vs. Europe Series Match #1
Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay

USA vs. Europe Series Match #2 - Best In The World Challenge Series - The Fighter
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Matt Riddle

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match (If Gargano & Galloway Retain At EVOLVE 57)
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Plus more to be signed with Timothy Thatcher, Chris Hero, Tommy End, Sami Callihan, TJ Perkins, Marty Scurll, Anthony Nese, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016 - Dallas, TX - April 2nd - 8pm CST

EVOLVE Title Match (If Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Sami Callihan

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Rival
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero

The legendary Terry Funk will be honored in a special ceremony! Mr. Funk will be available for autographs and pictures before the event.

Ths Six Man Tag Team Tradition will continue! Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll will both be in the match! More information soon.

The SHINE Championship Will Be Defended!

Plus more to be signed with Johnny Gargano, Drew Galloway, Tommy End, TJ Perkins, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Anthony Nese, Caleb Konley, Matt Riddle, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
watching some random old episode of NXT in the background and evil Becky with normal colored hair is on and its just making me laugh

I'm just busting your balls. I remember you putting up a lot of items up for sale for over 4 times their msrp (playstation 4 20th anniversary).

Trying to draw heat leading up to our inevitable SFV match up

Oh that's the only thing I sold there for a profit and it wasn't anywhere close to 4x :p Everything else was much cheaper than you could purchase online. Still demand drives market price. Someone felt the anniversary ps4 was worth paying extra for. I'm not paying 10x the price for nxt tickets though.

BTW, my SF5 skills are like a Denzel Washing movie, unstoppable ;)

He was in a developmental (Ohio i believe) for a short period of time. The dude moved up quick into main roster. I used to watch some of his old stuff on rare occassion but missed out on ted dibiase's son's stuff
You missed nothing from his son. Everyone assumed he would be the break away star but the only thing he took a break from was wwe. Guy couldn't hold a microphone to save his life and in the ring he was boring.

MG310

I remember that Legacy vs. DX Hell in a Cell being pretty good at least.

Other than that the best use of Ted was getting Maryse more screen time.

Syder

Just got caught up on SmackDown. Those boos during
Triple H's entrance and promo
were piped in right? They sounded like they were from a stock library.

Just got caught up on SmackDown. Those boos during
Triple H's entrance and promo
were piped in right? They sounded like they were from a stock library.
You can always tell when they're piped in. For the most part, that's sd in a nutshell. Piped in responses.

TheFuzz

We need to do a Wrasselgaf over/under on how far Shane will fall at WM.

Seriously. Someone needs to provide dimensions of the following heights:

-ladder to ring
-ladder to floor while standing in ring
-same as above, but high ladder instead of standard
-cell roof to ring
-cell roof to ring w/tables
-cell roof to floor
-cell roof to floor w/tables
-cell roof to floor w/2 tables
-ladder on cell roof to floor w/tables

*edit: I refuse to bet on cell roof to bare floor even though he's insane enough.

Everyone keep adding. It could be fun.

Striker

I remember that Legacy vs. DX Hell in a Cell being pretty good at least.

Other than that the best use of Ted was getting Maryse more screen time.
You liked Shawn getting his ass kicked for 15 minutes while Triple H was locked outside? Then taking 10 minutes to find a set of boltcutters to finally get inside where he proceeds to beat two guys on his own?

iMax

We need to do a Wrasselgaf over/under on how far Shane will fall at WM.

Seriously. Someone needs to provide dimensions of the following heights:

-ladder to ring
-ladder to floor while standing in ring
-same as above, but high ladder instead of standard
-cell roof to ring
-cell roof to ring w/tables
-cell roof to floor
-cell roof to floor w/tables
-cell roof to floor w/2 tables
-ladder on cell roof to floor w/tables

*edit: I refuse to bet on cell roof to bare floor even though he's insane enough.

Everyone keep adding. It could be fun.

-cell roof to announce table
-cell roof to announce table whilst cell is rising
-top of tron to stage
-upper tier seats to lower tier seats
-lighting rig to ring
-top of arena building to production truck roof

TheFuzz

-top of tron to stage
-top of arena to production truck roof

I've seen AT&T, he'd die.

i wish I'd have thought of it

UberTag

-top of tron to stage
-lighting rig to ring
-top of arena building to production truck roof
I have it on good authority that Shane is skydiving in from a height of 30,000 feet to kick off his match. He'll parachute for part of his descent but then cut it loose so he can crash onto 10 druids to break his fall.

I think Shane will do some kind of update on the Rikishi chokeslam off the roof onto a truck spot.

Maybe some kind of truck with a breakable roof so they can go nuts on the padding since the new cell is huge.

TBH the biggest question IMO is if Taker can climb the Cell or will they have to get someone else to "interfere" to set up a roof spot.

Random fact.

The current RAW set is 8 years old.

Seems well past due for a change

It wouldnt Be as bad if they would change it for the fucking ppvs that shit still pisses me off that mania is the only one that gets changed wwf/e was know for them bitchin sets. Backlash was always my favorite. Them not changing it reminds me of the last years of wcw

is this a new cody rhodes character?
lol

vBKnpJ2.gif

shingi70

Banned
Thinking of subing too WWE network with Wrestlemaina.

Something I was wondering to spice up the current product why don't they bring back

The WWE draft
Using the WCW and ECW branding
Go to a mix of the attitude Era and the more flayboyant style of the 80s.

Haven't watched since I was a kid around the time Cena became a big thing.

Striker

Something I was wondering to spice up the current product why don't they bring back

The WWE draft

1 Draft won't happen unless there's a brand split. They have one roster for 5+ hours of product each week
2 They pride themselves on being better than the minor leagues
3 It won't happen. Now they have 20+ writers and no one except a select few have any sense of direction or focus

Bubba T

Thinking of subing too WWE network with Wrestlemaina.

The WWE draft

Well I think:

They would need a brand split, and they do not have the roster for that.

They tried this with WCW and it failed because they didn't have the WCW stars. They brought back ECW for awhile and they only had a handful of talent plus it didn't resemble anything like the original run ECW, so that eventually ended.

The WWE is a more family friendly product now, Attitude era stuff really wouldn't work with their sponsors.

Top Bottom