• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I believe that was the same argument for Roman as well when his singles push started. And he has a hell of a lot more talent than Eva.

Eva is not going to become a good performer because of some theoretical look that makes you over.
Well there you have it, straight out of the Mahoney's mouth, another endorsement for Roman, he has talent and has only gotten better and you can balee THAT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It may not be talent, but she has The Look™.

I think her biggest problem is that the industry evolved in a way that will make it extremely hard for her to ever get back to the main roster because she doesn't have any advantages over any of the people who have risen to prominence since she left the main roster.

She's competing with people who are better than her at everything and the worst part for her is that the people she's competing with also have The Look™. If you compare her to say, Becky Lynch, and the problem is that Becky's more talented in every way and is also good looking. Same with Sasha.

Mahonay

Banned
Well there you have it, straight out of the Mahoney's mouth, another endorsement for Roman, he has talent and has only gotten better and you can balee THAT.
I've never said Roman is failing now because of his work as a performer. I've said the opposite for the past couple of months.

He's failing because of shit-tier face booking from Vince and a lack of the kind of mic skills being asked of him.

Roman is one of their more dependable workers at the moment. I think it's insulting to compare him to Eva.

If only more marriages were as pure as Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth.

tumblr_nt6a39f6f81rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Roman is a dependable worker and as far as I know a safe one. I want to like Roman, but its impossible to like a guy who is pushed without rhyme or reason other than the fact he's handsome. The problem is that management does nothing to compensate for the things he's not good at which is unfortunate.

The only thing I know for sure is that Roman is bad at cutting canned promos. When Jojo asks him how he's gonna deal with Triple H tonight, he shouldn't read three sentences off a flash card on the other side of the camera. He should just give her a broody look and walk off.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've never said Roman is failing now because of his work as a performer. I've said the opposite for the past couple of months.

He's failing because of shit-tier face booking from Vince and a lack of the kind of mic skills being asked of him.

Roman is one of their more dependable workers at the moment. I think it's insulting to compare him to Eva.
You are always welcome in the Roman Empire
WqyvimL.png

I think her biggest problem is that the industry evolved in a way that will make it extremely hard for her to ever get back to the main roster because she doesn't have any advantages over any of the people who have risen to prominence since she left the main roster.

She's competing with people who are better than her at everything and the worst part for her is that the people she's competing with also have The Look™. If you compare her to say, Becky Lynch, and the problem is that Becky's more talented in every way and is also good looking. Same with Sasha.
Someone's gotta light a fire on her ass.
Roman is a dependable worker and as far as I know a safe one. I want to like Roman, but its impossible to like a guy who is pushed without rhyme or reason other than the fact he's handsome. The problem is that management does nothing to compensate for the things he's not good at which is unfortunate.

The only thing I know for sure is that Roman is bad at cutting canned promos. When Jojo asks him how he's gonna deal with Triple H tonight, he shouldn't read three sentences off a flash card on the other side of the camera. He should just give her a broody look and walk off.
It seems to be a two fold issue of them not writing for his character and not letting him be himself.

Angry Grimace

All I'm saying is that if you want to say Eva Marie's advantage is that she looks good, I don't understand how she's supposed to compete with people who also look good and are also good at wrestling and acting.

The worst part is that for all the claims that Eva improved somewhere I don't see it. Even if you don't compare her to the really good female wrestlers and compare her to say, Alexa Bliss (another person who probably got hired for having a Look™) the comparison comes off bad. Bliss is still a pretty below average wrestler, but she's at least demonstrably improved at the wrestling and has gotten legit good at the acting part.

Being bad at wrestling isn't actually a character.

All I'm saying is that if you want to say Eva Marie's advantage is that she looks good, I don't understand how she's supposed to compete with people who also look good and are also good at wrestling and acting.

The worst part is that for all the claims that Eva improved somewhere I don't see it. Even if you don't compare her to the really good female wrestlers and compare her to say, Alexa Bliss (another person who probably got hired for having a Look™) the comparison comes off bad. Bliss is still a pretty below average wrestler, but she's at least demonstrably improved at the wrestling and has gotten legit good at the acting part.

I'll put this way as far as The Look - Eva Marie, Alexa Bliss, and The Bella's are the only women currently in the WWE who I could see as some movie stars girlfriend in five years like Stacy Kiebler ended up as.

Sasha and Becky are both very attractive women, but they aren't "Hollywood stars would want to date them" attractive, which is what we're really talking about here.

I'll put this way as far as The Look - Eva Marie, Alexa Bliss, and The Bella's are the only women currently in the WWE who I could see as some movie stars girlfriend in five years like Stacy Kiebler ended up as.

Sasha and Becky are both very attractive women, but they aren't "Hollywood stars would want to date them" attractive, which is what we're really talking about here.

Keibler was the exception, not the rule. I don't see why the female wwe talent should be judged on whether or not you can picture George Clooney banging them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keibler was the exception, not the rule. I don't see why the female wwe talent should be judged on whether or not you can picture George Clooney banging them.

It's not, but when it comes to "The Look" lots of people think of Hollywood. The Rock has "Hollywood good looks" as does John Cener.

Austin has a look, but it's not for Hollywood, despite him getting Hollywood work. Same with Edge. Edge is ugly.

shanafan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vYUUoRa1mU

Read recently that she was in the crowd at Starcade '98. I didn't know that ;)

Into

Whats Meltz on about there being 20k tickets left for Mania?

I dont doubt the stammering old man, but that seems crazy, or..does it?

They should bring back Machine Gun Kelly and Kid Rock for a duet, that will put seats into butts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cody Rhodes teasing the end of Stardust on Twitter with this, he also has been working with people for new gear:
kl0rkpg.jpg

Angry Grimace

Lots of WWE events, even PPVs are filled out by them giving away tickets.

If you want a very good seat for WM, you can still get it.

Angry Grimace

I just don't know that I agree with that.

Fox318

Have wrestlemanias traditionally sold out before its entire card was put on the table for everyone to see?

Plus i believe this is their largest stadium yet, no?

I was banking on a lot of seats being available before i purchased my ticket.

tickets will be out there.

WWE probably is selling the seats pretty cheap that aren't part of a package.

Speaking of tickets when does summersam tickets go on sale?

Into

Yeah i dunno, the fact that Dave brought it up on the show as newsworthy suggests it might not be all going as smoothly as perhaps desired.

I am sure it will still look amazing and they will claim 110.000 attendance anyway. A probable fake number beating another fake number, im not mad, its wrestling, kinda fits.

Top Bottom