• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

We take baths together..............wow im done

also god damn Xavier Woods is jacked as FUCK wow
I fucking lost it with that part.
So...what's going to be the stipulation for Hunter/Reigns? Iron Man? LOL
The match that blue gives the least fucks about. Win or lose I will won't care 😂

Roman Reigns vs. HHH in a Winner-Gets-Pushed-To-The-Moon match. The loser gets a slightly lesser push, getting one less PPV main event and 3 less opening 20 minute promos.

One less ppv main event 😁😁😁

MG310

You liked Shawn getting his ass kicked for 15 minutes while Triple H was locked outside? Then taking 10 minutes to find a set of boltcutters to finally get inside where he proceeds to beat two guys on his own?

Whoops, it's been a while. It was the Breaking Point 09 submission match I was thinking of that I liked.

Fox318

I have no idea how this main event for mania is gonna be received.

I honestly think it's repulsing that HHH is gonna be the face and get the credit for that crowd.

It should have been Tweener Ambrose vs Bret Hart style heel Reigns or Brock vs Finn or a surprise.

I have no idea how this main event for mania is gonna be received.

I honestly think it's repulsing that HHH is gonna be the face and get the credit for that crowd.

It should have been Tweener Ambrose vs Bret Hart style heel Reigns or Brock vs Finn or a surprise.
Prepare for,

The most lackluster ppv since WM 2000.

TheFuzz

Prepare for,

The most lackluster ppv since WM 2000.

Did you actually watch WM 2000 live? This ppv won't be near as bad. I remember watching the IC/Euro match and wondering why the better title went first in the falls.

It was awful. Recent history has shown us that they will deliver (at least) an entertaining PPV.

Did you actually watch WM 2000 live? This ppv won't be near as bad. I remember watching the IC/Euro match and wondering why the better title went first in the falls.

It was awful. Recent history has shown us that they will deliver (at least) an entertaining PPV.
That ppv was abysmal. I didn't care for it. I've not watched it since it was on ppv.

justjim89

Something surprising on Smackdown is how much chemistry Xavier and A.J. have in the ring together. It's kinda remarkable, especially since Xavier isn't exactly known most for his ring prowess. But for the last few minutes of the main event, Woods was keeping up with A.J. better than anyone else he's squared off with in WWE so far.

If Mania is actually good, then it'll be the third one in a row that is. Hopefully it is and signifies that we've turned a corner where the company will always ensure Wrestlemania is at least satisfying.

Heroman

Banned
Something surprising on Smackdown is how much chemistry Xavier and A.J. have in the ring together. It's kinda remarkable, especially since Xavier isn't exactly known most for his ring prowess. But for the last few minutes of the main event, Woods was keeping up with A.J. better than anyone else he's squared off with in WWE so far.
Well it make sense since they are both tna guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Gotta agree

Fox318

Maybe they trained together in tna?

TheFuzz

Idk man. I've not seen shit that has said, omg this ppv will be better than WM 2000. Even Taker was trying to injure all of his opponents so he wouldn't have to participate. 😂

Look at it this way... Owens, Styles, and Shane are there. It ain't gonna be worse than last year.

MG310

If Mania is actually good, then it'll be the third one in a row that is. Hopefully it is and signifies that we've turned a corner where the company will always ensure Wrestlemania is at least satisfying.

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about getting a soft main event out of this one. If they keep up the pace set by the Triple H/Roman beating from this past week and then they just have a standard match at the end it'll have fallen into the same trap as Triple H/Orton.

I won't sit here and let you besmirch DMczaf's favorite Wrestlemania!
Yes yes I will!
That last sequence into the calf crusher was pretty dank.
Look at it this way... Owens, Styles, and Shane are there. It ain't gonna be worse than last year.
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT!

Mahonay

Banned
Last year was surprisingly good considering how they came into Mania. I thought it was a good show even if there were no real stand out matches. Although I'd say Brock vs Reigns was booked extremely well. I can't think of many times I popped like I did when Rollins sprinted down. The match it's self was good too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People who think WM 2k is a bad show are nuts. It's pretty okay. The big problem is that just being okay isn't going to cut it when the roster was stacked like that.

Possibly the most ironic part about the Attitude Era is that only the final WM of it is any good, and its more or less the best show ever made. WM2k is either the worst or second worst ppv that year, same with WM 15.

DMczaf

People who think WM 2k is a bad show are nuts. It's pretty okay. The big problem is that just being okay isn't going to cut it when the roster was stacked like that.

Possibly the most ironic part about the Attitude Era is that only the final WM of it is any good, and its more or less the best show ever made. WM2k is either the worst or second worst ppv that year, same with WM 15.

Alucard

Banned
Still watching mid-2000s TNA matches, and there's a theme: AJ Styles virtually crippled and killed himself for this company. Nothing but falls from high places, uncomfortable back bumps, head bumps, etc. Just an incredible spectacle. Watching a horrifyingly bloody match between AJ and Abyss. Wow. @-@

Mahonay

Banned

What? I've watched that show about 3 times now. It's dog shit every time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stop trying to ruin WrassleMania 2000 for me, guys.

And XIV was great!

XIV is arguably still the New Generation as well. Sure, the Attitude promos start...seven months before then but I still go back and forth whether or not the night after WM 14 is the true start or not.

FyreWulff

You missed nothing from his son. Everyone assumed he would be the break away star but the only thing he took a break from was wwe. Guy couldn't hold a microphone to save his life and in the ring he was boring.

Didn't help that they booked him pretty much as a CAW and didn't even bring his kayfabe wealth as part of his character.

I thought they were going to finally let him have an actual character when they brought back the million dollar belt, but then went nowhere with it and got rid of the belt in a backstage segment

Alright, if I had to guess:

Wrestlemania

Kevin Owens v. Big Show (IC Title)
Y2AJ vs. New Day vs. LoN vs. Social Outcasts (Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match)
Dudleyz vs. Usos (Preshow)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Big Show is a fixture for the Andre Rumble.

I have no idea who Owens is fighting, but I doubt its the jobber rumble. Wouldn't be surprised if Jericho/AJ/Owens/Ryback ended up in a ladder match.

Top Bottom