• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

rrc1594

Holy shit been watching a lot of attitude era today.

1. Would Austin have been in three main events in a row if he wasn't always injured? Austin has to be the most over guy of all-time I mean his pops are crazy.

2. Special referees all I see is special referees

3. Nobody ever wins clean like ever

4. I like had Undertaker just disappeared

Overall the matches themselves are really not that good. A lot of them are really over the top, storylines are enjoyable. I think WWE now has better matches then they did in the attitude era IMO.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why do they keep calling Reigns himself "the Roman Empire?" Isn't that supposed to be his fanbase?

1. Would Austin have been in three main events in a row if he wasn't always injured? Austin has to be the most over guy of all-time I mean his pops are crazy.

Overall the matches themselves are really not that good. A lot of them are really over the top, storylines are enjoyable. I think WWE now has better matches then they did in the attitude era IMO.

Match quality isn't something that mattered back then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Not that hard. Attitude Era is hot garbage except for Stone Cold, Vince and Shane.

Bret too if you count him. I don't count Angle as Attitude Era. He always felt like the Ruthless Aggression era(I hate that term) seeping its way in along with the Radicalz.

rrc1594

Best thing about it was watching it with my GF. She flipped out when HHH drugged and married Stephanie. She called it a Soap Opera with some wrestling in between. She isn't wrong lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Survivor Series 1998 is basically the ultimate expression of that idea. Sub two minute matches, tons of story telling.

Syder

Alright, if I had to guess:

Wrestlemania

Kevin Owens v. Big Show (IC Title)
Y2AJ vs. New Day vs. LoN vs. Social Outcasts (Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match)
Dudleyz vs. Usos (Preshow)
Daniel Bryan didn't die for this. KO deserves better.

screen-shot-2015-03-29-at-7-29-44-pm.jpg

DMczaf

Daniel Bryan is just following HBK's lead.

Win the IC and WWE titles, but lose them due to Lost Smile/Lost Memories

Retire early

Come back and have the greatest 2nd career of all time.

TheFuzz

People forget WM17 had TLC2, a No DQ, hardcore rules, etc...

I'm all for a card filled with stips. Gimme my $9.99 worth of stipulations, Vinny!

dream

after seeing Fin and Bailey do Dirty Dancing, I take back what I said about thinking he could be a top guy in WWE. jesus christ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Y'all sure are getting shook by that house show gimmick.

ElRenoRaven

Best thing about it was watching it with my GF. She flipped out when HHH drugged and married Stephanie. She called it a Soap Opera with some wrestling in between. She isn't wrong lol

You should sit her down and go um honey I hate to break it to you. They're still married. Not kidding they have kids. Then just see what she does as she googles if they're really married. lol

Mahonay

Banned
KO will fight AJ at Mania. It's such obvious booking that even WWE will see it as a no brainer...probably.

I'm not so stupid as to not realize WWE often missses the most obvious match ups.

Soooo I guess it can go either way.

Edit: I'm posting while out at a bar if my posts seem off. The bouncer here I'm friends with though has wrestled the likes of Harper and Big E when he spent some time down in early NXT.

somedevil

KO will fight AJ at Mania. It's such obvious booking that even WWE will see it as a no brainer...probably.

I'm not so stupid as to not realize WWE often missses the most obvious match ups.

Edit: I'm posting while out af a bar if my posts seem off. The bouncer here I'm friends with though has wrestled the likes of Harper and Big E when he spent some time down in early NXT.

Well they are doing Aj vs Owens on the Madison Square Garden show in March.

Angry Grimace

Edit: I'm posting while out at a bar if my posts seem off. The bouncer here I'm friends with though has wrestled the likes of Harper and Big E when he spent some time down in early NXT.

AJ is scheduled to fight Owens at house shows leading to Mania, so I don't know - I imagine that means its some kind of multi-person match since they tend to do matches that are related to ongoing feuds but not necessarily just the actual match.

Yeah i visit my family once a year. They are spread out in centinneal and close to lonetree. I have a branch out of lonetree i can easily work out of.

Plus weed

I have never gone skiing. Too afraid. We lose our shit when we go white water rafting. I fall out of that damn thing and can never get back in without a guide pulling me out of the water with one arm and placing me back into my raft. Shit is so funny.

what the shit

I live around there haha.

Angry Grimace

I like how even the parts where the crowd reacts appropriately aren't audible due to them muting the crowd.

Rewatching the Shane segment, while the pop was awesome, and the announcement of a WM match with Taker was legit surprising, did anyone think the rest of it was sort of a mess? Everything they said was super vague about why Shane is here, what he has over Vince, what he has over Steph ect... Also it seemed like Shane low key threw shots at Hunter for not being able to produce male offspring.

Rewatching the Shane segment, while the pop was awesome, and the announcement of a WM match with Taker was legit surprising, did anyone think the rest of it was sort of a mess? Everything they said was super vague about why Shane is here, what he has over Vince, what he has over Steph ect... Also it seemed like Shane low key threw shots at Hunter for not being able to produce male offspring.

no doubt. dude just brings up some random lockbox and shit haha.

Top Bottom