• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually surprised how decent of a show they're putting on paper considering they're missing at least four big names. Imagine if Joan, Sting, Rollins, and Randall were available. The Emperor Reigns is ushering in a better age and people don't even realize it.

They're making do with what they have, and certain talents that were not being given a chance to shine are getting that opportunity. Some will fumble, some will rise above, but WWE has always had injuries be a big moment to usher in change from actual movers and shakers on the roster.

What's Cesaro's match at Mania? Does he have one? He made a terrible decision, politically, backing Tyson Kidd. Just bad luck to hitch your cart to that.

Verendus

Banned
They're making do with what they have, and certain talents that were not being given a chance to shine are getting that opportunity. Some will fumble, some will rise above, but WWE has always had injuries be a big moment to usher in change from actual movers and shakers on the roster.

What's Cesaro's match at Mania? Does he have one? He made a terrible decision, politically, backing Tyson Kidd. Just bad luck to hitch your cart to that.
Where is Cesaro anyway? Is he injured too? I wouldn't mind seeing him vs. Jericho. That could be a good addition to the card alongside AJ vs. Owens. Maybe make a multiman elimination match, and throw in Ryback, Ziggler, and Kane too. Give them twenty five minutes, and see what they can do.

It'd never happen though.

I think the one thing I'm looking forward to is that WWE is going to be forced to give these matches time this year. In the past, they've robbed some interesting matches of that while spending too much time on entrances etc. Punk vs. Mysterio is one of the examples I've always remembered. They got something like five minutes, when those two could've put on something really good with about ten to fifteen minutes more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where is Cesaro anyway? Is he injured too? I wouldn't mind seeing him vs. Jericho. That could be a good addition to the card alongside AJ vs. Owens. Maybe make a multiman elimination match, and throw in Ryback, Ziggler, and Kane too. Give them twenty five minutes, and see what they can do.

It'd never happen though.

He had shoulder surgery.

Nobody has a clue when he'll be back. It could be next week or next month or SummerSlam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I actually don't mind this theme but it doesn't fit Sami at all. This might work as a heel theme.

I don't think Sami could go heel with his current theme, so I guess. He and Bayley have the ultimate babyface themes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sandmans intro is way better than Eva Marie's though...

There you go again, holding Eva Marie to an unfair standard...

Is she over? I honestly don't know this, I've seen her in the past and wanted her off of the screen, but it's being a long time since I last watched NXT, I have no idea now.

In NXT, absolutely. On Raw though, where it's not as masturbatory? We've seen it not translate for others, so I don't expect the same.

Sephzilla

There you go again, holding Eva Marie to an unfair standard...

You're implying I consider Sandman a high standard.

So what you're saying, is they need to give Sandman's entrance to Eva Marie

Hey, smashing a beer can on her forehead until she bleeds meshes with her catch phrase

HUwig4h.gif

Bandini

What? Cesaro is recovering from an injured shoulder. It's pretty ridiculous to assume his friendship with Tyson is hurting his career and causing backstage problems. They had a good thing going before Tyson's injury and I think it's great that Cesaro has shown a lot of loyalty to Tyson.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What? Cesaro is recovering from an injured shoulder. It's pretty ridiculous to assume his friendship with Tyson is hurting his career and causing backstage problems. They had a good thing going before Tyson's injury and I think it's great that Cesaro has shown a lot of loyalty to Tyson.

Tyson's done, though. That's the bad news.

Angry Grimace

Is she over? I honestly don't know this, I've seen her in the past and wanted her off of the screen, but it's being a long time since I last watched NXT, I have no idea now.

No, she isn't. She gets a negative reaction since the audiences hate her because she is bad at everything related to wrestling. Some people argue that this is "legit heel heat," but I don't think this is a good argument - by that logic you could say literally anyone who sucks enough for the audience to object to is "over." In my opinion that argument is just off - the audiences object to her because they care about the product in general and don't want to see a random model who can't hang with everyone else taking up screen time. The expectation that you crowds have to be completely silent to prove someone is legitimately unpopular with audiences is just unrealistic.

I really don't know how "being booed because she's an outsider who's not very good" translates to "over." She is in an environment where she will be booed, regardless of what she does. Her "baby's first heel" theatrics would fade into the background in front of a larger audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angry Grimace makes some good points, NeoGAF Vince McMahon. Your rebuttal, sir?

Consider the source.

He was done for a while before Cesaro got injured. What does that have to do with anything?

It sucks. Cesaro should let go!

I really don't know how "being booed because she's an outsider who's not very good" translates to "over." She is in an environment where she will be booed, regardless of what she does. Her "baby's first heel" theatrics would fade into the background in front of a larger audience.

Goes for anyone in NXT, really

Angry Grimace

The thing I don't understand is when people view her extremely basic acknowledgment that the crowd doesn't like her as some kind of masterful working of the crowd. The ability to follow an incredibly basic instruction ('when they boo you, salute to the crowd") is not a particularly unique or interesting skill. I simply don't buy the argument that she's getting booed by virtue of anything she's intentionally doing; she's getting booed because she is bad.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groovy, next time you come to Colorado, come visit me. I live in Lone Tree.

I should practice SFV but I am always playing League. It is okay, training tonight and tomorrow. I will have some basic bnbs and throw setups. All I need!

Verendus

Banned
I've never even heard Cesaro speak as far as I can recall, but I can tell just from the gif that he's probably terrible.

He just needs to be that guy who wrestles well and beats the hell out of people. Like Voldermort back in the days of The Radicalz.

Caderfix

In NXT, absolutely. On Raw though, where it's not as masturbatory? We've seen it not translate for others, so I don't expect the same.

Last time I saw her, she was being booed like crazy, and it wasn't heel heat, it was go away heat. Are the boos what you're using to judge whether or not she's over? If so, do you think it's legit heat, and why? Is she good at promos or general heel routine (except boos) now?

No, she isn't. She gets a negative reaction since the audiences hate her because she is bad at everything related to wrestling. Some people argue that this is "legit heel heat," but I don't think this is a good argument - by that logic you could say literally anyone who sucks enough for the audience to object to is "over." In my opinion that argument is just off - the audiences object to her because they care about the product in general and don't want to see a random model who can't hang with everyone else taking up screen time. The expectation that you crowds have to be completely silent to prove someone is legitimately unpopular with audiences is just unrealistic.

I agree with the highlighted part.

Guess I'll have to check NXT to formulate an opinion.

Fox318

I've never even heard Cesaro speak as far as I can recall, but I can tell just from the gif that he's probably terrible.

He just needs to be that guy who wrestles well and beats the hell out of people. Like Voldermort back in the days of The Radicalz.

tumblr_nykyz7m2uI1uv6p4vo3_250.gif

vs
luDFAN3.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I saw her, she was being booed like crazy, and it wasn't heel heat, it was go away heat. Are the boos what you're using to judge whether or not she's over? If so, do you think it's legit heat, and why? Is she good at promos or general heel routine (except boos) now?

She knows her character and works it, and it works others

klonere

Banned
Except for the part where it leads up to unwatchable TV main events. I'm not that annoyed about it, I just skip every Eva match/segment right now.

The really sad thing about NXT is that this Finn/Bayley thing is the most compelling thing Finn's been involved in since Itami got injured.

Angry Grimace

All she does is raise her arms, because that's the single video game taunt she was taught.

If I just walked out onto the NXT stage and sucked at wrestling and the crowd booed me, that's not me working the crowd, that's me sucking. Being bad at wrestling isn't a character.

Top Bottom