• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Zach

Yeah. With eberyone else there it's a "developmental, they are there to learn" thing, but with Eva it is obvious she doesn't get that pass. She is on Total Divas and was put on Raw without any training so she obviously sucked, so fuck her. Doesn't matter that it wasn't her choice. She just took a good job to come on as the rookie on Total Divas. She doesn't get credit that she then took a step back, took basic wrestling training with THE Brian Kendrick and now works in the developmental center every day and on NXT to actually become a proper wrestler... Succesfully at that. She has been improving greatly, much like girls like Dana and Alexa did, but because she is Eva, some people will give her shit until the end of days.

Fact is, the Eva we see on TV now has only been wrestling legit since the end of last spring some time. Which is a lot less than most women before they get put on NXT TV, too. The progress is, in fact, rather impressive. Thanks to the developmental center and Eva's own commitment. Good on them, and good on her.
Man, her most recent NXT match must be amazing! I'll be sure to watch it this weekend to see this "rather impressive" progress.

Edit: Oh, and I don't watch Total Divas or RAW, so explain my apparently unwarranted disdain for her...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I feel like they could still salvage a relatively quick championship run with her post-Bayley, but if she's crapping up the place for a long period of time, won't it have an adverse effect on the perception of NXT in the long run? Seems like a bad long-term strategy, unless she actually improves in the ring (I don't think she will -- although I still haven't watched Wednesday's show!).

And I still think that she's currently a hazard to her wrasslepals' health.

I honestly don't feel she's crapping up the place at all.

Scottify

Which begs the question, what is the difference between real heat or x-pac heat, or whatever heat. isn't heat = heat? and I've used the word heat way too many times here.

Imagine if she's the one who beats Asuka

When Bayley loses you got the added extra of little kids crying though.

Think of the video packages!

I wish I remember what broke me.

I do remember having conversations walking home from school with a friend trying desperately to figure out why these people where not getting arrested for the shit that would happen.

Actually... Beyond the Mat might have been it. I remember watching that in my uncles house when I was 10 or so.

Fox318

Which begs the question, what is the difference between real heat or x-pac heat, or whatever heat. isn't heat = heat? and I've used the word heat way too many times here.

Good heat: The crowd wants you to win, lose, get your fucking face stomped in (Miz) or get shot on.

Bad Heat: The crowd decides they are better off leaving the arena or changing the channel.

Heroman

Banned
Heat is that people want to you get your ass kick, X-Pac heat is that they don't want to see you at all.

Zach

X-Pac Heat is I-don't-want-to-look-at-this-person-ever-again heat. Good heat is when you want to see someone get their comeuppance. With X-Pac Heat, you don't care about that. You dislike the character so much, that you just never want to see them again.

Edit: You guys are better explainers. :D

Scottify

OK, gotcha y'all. I was honestly curious. I always figured if people hate you, regardless of why, they'll still boo the shit out of you and want to see you lose.

Ithil

Yeah. With eberyone else there it's a "developmental, they are there to learn" thing, but with Eva it is obvious she doesn't get that pass. She is on Total Divas and was put on Raw without any training so she obviously sucked, so fuck her. Doesn't matter that it wasn't her choice. She just took a good job to come on as the rookie on Total Divas. She doesn't get credit that she then took a step back, took basic wrestling training with THE Brian Kendrick and now works in the developmental center every day and on NXT to actually become a proper wrestler... Succesfully at that. She has been improving greatly, much like girls like Dana and Alexa did, but because she is Eva, some people will give her shit until the end of days.

Fact is, the Eva we see on TV now has only been wrestling legit since the end of last spring some time. Which is a lot less than most women before they get put on NXT TV, too. The progress is, in fact, rather impressive. Thanks to the developmental center and Eva's own commitment. Good on them, and good on her.

Dana Brooke's progress in and out of the ring is impressive.
Eva Marie's is not.

Watching the nwo revival around 2002 is hilarious because everyone hated x-pac SO MUCH. The wrestlers always single him out in kayfabe, and during the million 6 man tags that are held the crowd are just going XPAC SUCKS non-stop.

Kaladin

ECW TV is almost complete on the network:

ECW Hardcore TV

1993: 32

1994: 14

1995: Complete

1996: Complete

1997: Complete

1998: 6

1999: 22

2000: 43

ECW on TNN (ECW Wrestling)

1999: 9

2000: 38

Yeah, there are holes, but they're uploading episodes daily now. Were there any other ECW syndicated series?

OK, gotcha y'all. I was honestly curious. I always figured if people hate you, regardless of why, they'll still boo the shit out of you and want to see you lose.

It depends and in recent years I think the number of people with "bad heat" has dramatically grown because of the way WWE books things now versus before.

The Big Show is probably a best current example of Bad Heat. No one cares about him and just wants him to go away.

What is it called when no one gives a shit about you no matter how many times the company has tried? AKA Sheamus.

KingBroly

Banned
The moment I realized wrestling was fake was a WCW Tag Team match between Harlem Heat against Greg Valentine and someone one. Basically Booker T completely and utterly whiffed on a kick and Valentine fell on his ass and I went 'hey, he didn't him at all.' Such a ball breaker, that Nitro episode.

Dana Brooke's progress in and out of the ring is impressive.
Eva Marie's is not.

I have no idea how you can say this, have you seen her stuff? Really? Do you see the facial expression she uses, the character building she is doing, the fact that she can move in the ring now?

How can you say that?

Sephzilla

Dana Brooke debuted on NXT 2 full years after she started at the developmental center, Eva less than 6 months. See the big difference?

Eva's been a WWE diva longer than Dana Brooke was even in the company, though. Dana came in and rocketed past her.

I have no idea how you can say this, have you seen her stuff? Really? Do you see the facial expression she uses, the character building she is doing, the fact that she can move in the ring now?

How can you say that?

Eva Marie only has one facial expression she uses (she does it decently well, to be fair). She's less talented Derek Zoolander.

A80CD8t.gif

I went into wrestling being told it was fake but I didn't care.

Although I did watch wm 27 with a little kid and the nonsensical bullshit on the screen made him go "this is fake right?"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If anything, they need to make Ambrose look strong. Dude's punches look like a whip from a wet noodle, and that's his main move other than various types of lariats.

Sure, he's way smaller than Lesnar, but if 500 pound Big Show can sell punches from Kevin Owens then by gawd Lesnar can sell those noodley forearms.

If anything, they need to make Ambrose look strong. Dude's punches look like a whip from a wet noodle, and that's his main move other than various types of lariats.

Sure, he's way smaller than Lesnar, but if 500 pound Big Show can sell punches from Kevin Owens then by gawd Lesnar can sell those noodley forearms.

Who are you to doubt the Oodles of Noodles?

kirblar

And yet JR, and Joey Styles are not allowed to call a match for the WWE. What a world we live in.
IIRC, for Joey it's by choice- he prefers working on the back end w/o having to deal w/ the stress of Vince in his ear.

I suspected at the time the issue with JR was in part because he upstaged Michael Cole, but was unreliable due to health issues, so the idea is to get rid of him so people don't know what they're missing. (Vince's logic.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I assumed he had gotten a job as a commentator because he had a concussion or something back when he wrestled and maybe they didn't want him to sue (sort of like Corey Graves except Corey Graves is actually good at commentating), but I haven't seen anything that said why he stopped wrestling either way. I suspect the actual reason they like him is because he does and says what they ask him to do, and commentary is basically unimportant at this point.

I wish they'd just get rid of all of the announcers and go with Mauro as announcer and Graves on commentary, but that's probably not likely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty shit tbh an actual exploration of the topics listed would be nice instead of a few pithy sentences.

And the number 1 is pretty fucking laughable.

That's why it belongs in OT. "WWE Network" being one of the reasons why you should hate wrestling is ridiculous.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm trying to think of any wrestler so shitty that literally no one in WrassleGAF would defend them, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Hernandez?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to think of any wrestler so shitty that literally no one in WrassleGAF would defend them, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Hernandez?

Hernandez has a great look.

How about Colt Cabana?

Top Bottom