• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

rrc1594

How long do you think Austin would of been top guy if he didn't get that SS injury? Man watching his matches over the last week and nobody gets a pop like him nobody.

A10nPxm.jpg
I'd really love to beat his ass

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is Alex Riley's new gimmick supposed to literally be roid rage?

klonere

Banned
Is Alex Riley's new gimmick supposed to literally be roid rage?

He actually cut quite a nice promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juCc62FexA8
I don't really care how shoot it is and how bitter he might actually be for been passed over as a talent for some indie geeks, its a good promo.

He need to improve his supremely boring in ring though. He appears to have gotten in with Biff so maybe he taught him some stuff?

Holy shit I'm kinda maybe speaking out for Alex Riley of all people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He actually cut quite a nice promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juCc62FexA8
I don't really care how shoot it is and how bitter he might actually be for been passed over as a talent for some indie geeks, its a good promo.

He need to improve his supremely boring in ring though. He appears to have gotten in with Biff so maybe he taught him some stuff?

Holy shit I'm kinda maybe speaking out for Alex Riley of all people.

I like the idea of a Performance Center guy being like "man fuck these indie hotshots moving to the front of the line," I just don't know if Baron Corbin or Alex Riley are the guys to pull it off.

Corbin's "you shoulda stayed in Ring of Honor" was genuinely hilarious though.

Angry Grimace

I actually like Corbin, I think I'm the only one here who does.

I think Sunny likes Corbin too.

I don't hate Corbin, and I think he's got the right gimmick and the right character, he just hasn't quite put it all together. The comment about Crews in ROH was great because it fit his character perfectly: I assume the character thinks all of the indies are Ring of Honor.

The guy on the left looks like Neville with muscles.
Neville looks like Neville with muscles.

Mahonay

Banned
Alex Riley is the worst. Completely uninteresting in the ring and as a character. My eyes pretty much glaze over any time he has a match on NXT. Then there's his constant insisting that he's owed something, which just makes me hate him. Dude has a sense of entitlement similar to that of a 19 year old kid. I can't take him seriously as an adult.

Yes you got shafted pretty hard after The Miz championship run ended, but you've shown nothing recently to suggest you deserve a regular spot in the ring over the other talent. Be happy you're still employeed and just keep putting in the work.
I actually like Corbin, I think I'm the only one here who does.
Corbin has developed into a very solid heel. He knows how to get heat.

RBH

Jeff Jarrett is saying that he will have an announcement about the GFW Amped TV show that will be a "game changer":

On the GFW Amped television product: “There is a lot of updates, we will be having an update, in what I like to call LA based here if not this week, for sure next week and that will be a game changer that is for sure for us. I am very excited to spread the news. On the international front we are going to continue to work the contracts. Amped is coming to your television sets to your home very very soon.”
http://411mania.com/wrestling/jeff-jarrett-teases-game-changing-announcement-for-gfw/

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When they buried Ryder I actually didn't think they were burying him at the time. I assumed it was all building up to a huge comeback story for him where he'd get his revenge on Kane and then win back the US title in glorious fashion. I assumed it was all one big build and one big push for Ryder. It look quite a long time before I actually realised what they'd done.

I had a similar thought process when they had Sandow lose to Cena. This is all so Sandow has a big feud with Cena and Sandow finally gets his big push.

Nekofrog

Banned
i wasn't around for the whole alex riley deal way back when, i had stopped watching at that point. so when he showed up on NXT looking like a beast i didn't see what everyone was complaining about. i enjoy it.

MC Safety

I think the pushback of people decrying Eva Marie is simply because they don't WANT her to get any kind of success in NXT or in wrestling at all. They've made their choice and will dig in their baby heels into the ground to protest, like it matters. Like her shortcomings are a big deal. They're not. They've made more out of less in the past. It's a non-issue. They just want to throw tantrums.

Not a tantrum. She's awful.

Sadly, despite her ambitions, she's likely stuck as a wrestler because of her cold, dead eyes and inability to emote.

Angry Grimace

Actually, last I saw Neville on raw in that six man with Lucha Dragons he looked like he lost a lot of muscle mass.

Yup: it's not just Ambrose, its everyone. Pretty soon the roster will be 30 guys who look like Cheeseburger.

klonere

Banned
Yup: it's not just Ambrose, its everyone. Pretty soon the roster will be 30 guys who look like Cheeseburger.

Yeah, I wonder what prompted this. Wellness test stuff back in full swing? Or Neville realized that he doesn't have to destroy his heart/body because he isn't getting any higher on the card no matter how jacked he is.

zex5Vr0.gif

He's definitely off the #DragonGateWater anyway.

Angry Grimace

I didn't say it was going to be shit, I just said it probably going to be the 3rd best show that week.

There's no way the New Day doesn't do something completely over the top as their WrestleMania entrance its gonna be great.

Yeah, I wonder what prompted this. Wellness test stuff back in full swing? Or Neville realized that he doesn't have to destroy his heart/body because he isn't getting any higher on the card no matter how jacked he is.

zex5Vr0.gif

He's definitely off the #DragonGateWater anyway.

Wild mass guess is trying to avoid injuries.

Top Bottom