• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Kaladin

Hopefully they have a multi-man stunt showcase match for Kalisto's US title at Mania. I imagine Neville would get slotted into that.

I mean, that is the only reason they have that belt on Kalisto, right?

He's perfect for a flippy multi-man match at Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cruiserweight series maybe?

I have doubts they're going to put a main roster talent into that because it would be weird having Neville rolling over to Johnny Gargano or something, but it would be weird having Neville beating up Johnny Gargano too, because that's kind of the point of the thing. The idea is to find guys who get over with the crowd and maybe are targets to sign.

Rutti

I have doubts they're going to put a main roster talent into that because it would be weird having Neville rolling over to Johnny Gargano or something, but it would be weird having Neville beating up Johnny Gargano too, because that's kind of the point of the thing. The idea is to find guys who get over with the crowd and maybe are targets to sign.

They could put few main roster guys in so that they can use them to advertise it on raw/sd.

Kaladin

I think we can safely assume Zack Sabre Jr. is a shoe in for the cruiserweight open, and that has me hype.

Evolve has been pushing the guy ever since they announced that. And they have even dubbed him the new "Best In The World" and given him a 5 match "Best In The World" showcase series against 5 different kinds of opponents to show off why he deserves that title after Bryan Danielson and CM Punk have laid claim to it.

RBH

Why was that titled a "shoot?" There was no shooting at all!

Are you sure, friend?

latest

Kaiterra

Banned
Alex Riley is legitimately frightening. If you ran into this guy in real life, you'd just get really quiet and hope he goes away quickly.

As a full card? You're not wrong. It was disastrous.
The main event still delivered, though... due in large part to hot shot booking.
Rollins/Orton, Cena/Rusev, and the ME were good with the latter being great and Triple H/Sting was a stupid fun mess . Sorry, I just don't see "disastrous" when half the card is enjoyable.

painey

when I first moved to the USA in 2010 I went crazy on my first 'Black Friday' and got a 360, a TV and loads of games.. including Smackdown v Raw 2011. Well, I got one of those black friday special TV's... aka a knock off piece of shit, and the ghosting was so bad I put Smackdown away. Now, 6 years later I am about to leave the States and trying to beat all my old games before I sell my entire library off.. and I dust off SvR2011. I haven't played a wrestling game in a LONG time.. hope it is fun!

Yeah, I wonder what prompted this. Wellness test stuff back in full swing? Or Neville realized that he doesn't have to destroy his heart/body because he isn't getting any higher on the card no matter how jacked he is.

zex5Vr0.gif

He's definitely off the #DragonGateWater anyway.

Wonder how long before Swolberto has to tone it down as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

31 has one of the best RKO's of all time, Rusev riding in on a tank, Kevin Nash faking a quad injury, and Roman getting his shit kicked in so hard he had to laugh at it. WM Play button was fun.

Pikma

Banned
I cannot fucking stand most of the NXT gimmicks, Baron Corbin most notably is one of them.

I can sincerely count on four fingers who I could see working on main Roster: Finn, Crews, Samoa and Bliss. The rest I hope i never have to see on wwe

You think Crews would work on the main roster? looooooool

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bayley gonna be a big hit. Joe, Finn and Zayn are all gonna work on the main roster too. You'll see. YOU'LL SEE.

You think Crews would work on the main roster? looooooool

Crews is just a generic babyface at this point, I don't think its fair to doom him yet. He has in-ring talent and I think he's at least sort of charismatic, he just doesn't really have a character. But with a 1 hour show where he's high enough on the card to get TakeOver matches, but not high enough to be in the main event stuff, he really doesn't get much of a character. The midcard guys in NXT just kinda don't.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I had to be Riley's publicist for a day when I was working at THQ and he was easy to work with and cordial with everyone he had to interact with. I'm rooting for him to turn it around in NXT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't like Corbin. Not because of his wrestling, which is nice and squash matchy with a great out of nowhere finisher. Not because of his promos, which aren't great but improve steadily over the course of NXT. No, it's his creepy ass eyes.

Kaiterra

Banned
when I first moved to the USA in 2010 I went crazy on my first 'Black Friday' and got a 360, a TV and loads of games.. including Smackdown v Raw 2011. Well, I got one of those black friday special TV's... aka a knock off piece of shit, and the ghosting was so bad I put Smackdown away. Now, 6 years later I am about to leave the States and trying to beat all my old games before I sell my entire library off.. and I dust off SvR2011. I haven't played a wrestling game in a LONG time.. hope it is fun!

SVR2011 has the ladder helicopter move and it can knock people over the top rope.

So yeah it's pretty fun.

I like these ROH/New Japan crossovers where every single New Japan guy there makes half the ROH roster look bush league at best, and crave more

Top Bottom