• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys are definitely slacking though.

The post rate is terrible in this thread. Is this what you learned from Daniel Bryan? He used to kick someone a thousand times in one match. It was all he did. Look at that effort he put in.
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
-Bruce Lee on Daniel Bryan

Verendus

Banned
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
-Bruce Lee on Daniel Bryan
This is why everyone on NeoGAF is so afraid of Roman Reigns.

They see him mastering the punches, and they get that feeling this man is about to overshadow Daniel Bryan forever. Not only does he have the charisma, athleticism, and good looks, he's beginning to master the art of pro-wrestling.

There is greatness in this young Samoan's future.

Kaladin

Roman Reigns will be just like everything else WWE has attempted to do in the past decade and a half. He'll get his big moment and then after that they won't know what to do with him.

Heel

This is why everyone on NeoGAF is so afraid of Roman Reigns.

They see him mastering the punches, and they get that feeling this man is about to overshadow Daniel Bryan forever. Not only does he have the charisma, athleticism, and good looks, he's beginning to master the art of pro-wrestling.

There is greatness in this young Samoan's future.

They may not realize it, hell, they may just not want to admit it, but we're seeing history being written and a first ballot hall of fame career unfold before our very eyes.

Verendus

Banned
They may not realize it, hell, they may just not want to admit it, but we're seeing history being written and a first ballot hall of fame career unfold before our very eyes.
It's like they forget the last man who mastered punching went by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin. It's not about knowing a dozen moves. It's about taking that one move and applying it in a dozen different ways. With even five moves, that's sixty combinations.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's like they forget the last man who mastered punching went by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin. It's not about knowing a dozen moves. It's about taking that one move and applying it in a dozen different ways. With even five moves, that's sixty combinations.
The numbers don't lie

wednesday!

CaPznYWUAAAXZbH.jpg
YYEEAAHHHH!!!!

GunBR

Roman Reigns will be just like everything else WWE has attempted to do in the past decade and a half. He'll get his big moment and then after that they won't know what to do with him.
I can already see him entering in a feud against Big Show after the Mania

I feel like we've already had this happen twice already in the last year.

That moment when you realize that they've already feuded.

Yeah but this time they can clash Knockout punch with Superman Punch, like one of my Japanese animes.
The SM punch wins out thus getting the rub from the most protected finisher in WWE.

Seriously why is Big Show's punch the most protected finisher?

Menome

Not only does he have the charisma, athleticism, and good looks, he's beginning to master the art of pro-wrestling.

Can he master the art of talking first, please? His lack of convincing promo skills are what stop me from believing that he can be "The Guy" right at this moment.

Once he has that locked down, I think he'll be fine. At the moment though, he has yet to make me believe he's sincere about a single thing he's said on camera.

Kaladin

Strowman's sleeper might be as well protected in the little time he's been on the main roster. It renders whoever he does it to useless for the rest of the segment.

JavyOO7

I enjoy Ambrose as a heel but currently he's my favorite as a face in the main roster. Even with scripted promos he makes it work a good percentage of the time. Nice promo with Brock this week and I can't wait to hear what he says next week (if he's even on RAW).

He's better than Rollins or Reigns when it comes to promos. Rollins struggled at first but he found his voice as the months went by (doing 20 min promos every week on RAW and a few more mins on Smackdown helps). But then at this point when I think of Rollins and Ambrose in terms of mic battles, I have to ask myself who has the best 'tone' in their voice. And while Rollins has a tonality that reminds me of Owen Hart I'd still give the victory to Dean. Him and Bray Wyatt are great on the mic, and even if they repeat the same bull caca every week I'd still give 'em my full attention.

Can he master the art of talking first, please? His lack of convincing promo skills are what stop me from believing that he can be "The Guy" right at this moment.

Once he has that locked down, I think he'll be fine. At the moment though, he has yet to make me believe he's sincere about a single thing he's said on camera.

Sandow can talk, but look where he is. I'd rather have Roman be where he is now instead of under the doghouse because he can make sentences good.

Have you seen The Big Show? The man is a giant.
Well I can't argue with that, the biggest man with the biggest punch.

Strowman's sleeper might be as well protected in the little time he's been on the main roster. It renders whoever he does it to useless for the rest of the segment.

True, but he's shiny and new, when he adopts a dancing big man gimmick once the Wyatts disband that sleeper will lose it vice grip.

Heel

Seriously why is Big Show's punch the most protected finisher?

Have you seen The Big Show? The man is a giant.

Well I can't argue with that, the biggest man with the biggest punch.

Big Show is one of the most pure strikers in WWE history. Personally, I'd rank him just a shade below The Undertaker in this regard.

Don't let his size fool you. This comes down to a combination of stance, hip rotation, and experience.

And as the saying goes, "Precision beats power, and timing beats speed."

ov31ym5.gif

Big Show is one of the most pure strikers in WWE history. Personally, I'd rank him just a shade below The Undertaker in this regard.

Don't let his size fool you. This comes down to a combination of stance, hip rotation, and experience.

ov31ym5.gif

Of course, it's just like the time Striker informed me that Edge's spear is effective despite looking like a running hug because of how he can spring his tall proportioned body forward with velocity due to his long legs driving in a precise impact.

Big Show briefly left the business to earn that pure striking ability, though he still can't match Taker who is a natural, a prodigy if you will.

Rutti

ov31ym5.gif

E79DqoT.0.gif

His punch is so effective it doesn't even need to connect.

Caderfix

ov31ym5.gif

And size beats everything else. I'd go as far as to say that in a Royal Rumble match it would be impossible for anyone to eliminate the Big Show, as he's a giant.

He doesn't even need to actually land the punch to knock you out. That's some serious power right there.

Menome

what's a pre-show?

Exactly. A throw-away bit of content generated one of the bigger crowd reactions of the night.

Think of the other wrestlers that people here gravitate towards as favourites: HHH, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Cena, The New Day, even Lesnar with Heyman attached. All of them are good talkers (or have someone who does it well for them).

I may be a newbie to the wrestling world, but it's still patently obvious why these guys get the love that they do and the physical & technical skill is only half of it. It's not a sport, it's entertainment. Be entertaining. Even if your character is the generic bad-ass underdog, you've got to make it the best generic bad-ass underdog you can to get people to care about you and the story you're trying to tell.

Heel

Of course, it's just like the time Striker informed me that Edge's spear is effective despite looking like a running hug because of how he can spring his tall proportioned body forward with velocity due to his long legs driving in a precise impact.

Big Show briefly left the business to earn that pure striking ability, though he still can't match Taker who is a natural, a prodigy if you will.

Great point, Owl. Some athletic gifts are God given and simply can't be taught. Others? Supernatural. This is why The Undertaker, whose hands can control arena lighting and remote pyrotechnics, are truly unparalleled in our known realm.

KvTT6m2.gif

Chopper

I know people generally aren't happy with how AJ has been introduced. But did anyone else really enjoy Miz's promo on Raw? Baring in mind he was given that segment by 201 writers, I thought he did brilliantly with it, and was absolutely hilarious.

Caderfix

I know people generally aren't happy with how AJ has been introduced. But did anyone else really enjoy Miz's promo on Raw? Baring in mind he was given that segment by 201 writers, I thought he did brilliantly with it, and was absolutely hilarious.

The Miz is pretty good with a mic. If there's one person that can talk and get real heat, that's him
And Vickie Gerrero.

Total Divas is scripted and all but do they really need the nonsensical foley work? I can take them taking the silly story line shit that they do and then for some reason Vince feels the need to follow up on Raw even though there's a months wide gap between when TD filmed and when it aired. The silly crowd editing either from the shots of the crowd reacting positively when it didn't happen to the fake cheers that are so obvious that it makes same thing happening on Smackdown sound organic. But adding in sound effects for hits, cat noises and everything is just stupid.

ndnvM5x.jpg

That smirk

That Summerslam 2015 Brock

Does the winner get Eva Marie?

Top Bottom