• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Heel

I'll never understand why the heck they put Prince Puma in a mask. Hopefully they fix this grave error by folding in a mask vs. mask match at some point.

Iceman829

Anyone watch the WWE Network on an Android device? Did the update just straight up break the app for you? I've tried on both my tablet and phone (and reinstalled the app on my tablet) and I can't get any video to play. The free videos (like the New Day interview with Cole works) but watching any Network videos I get the preroll ad then just an error popup.

I had on and off again issues with the app (Galaxy Note 4). I ended up deleting it because it would crash too often when I tried to use it. I never had a failure to play videos. Just freezing issues. On your tablet can you login through a web browser?

Corey Graves and his disdain for Mojo Rawley warms my soul.

Just started watching this weeks episode and I laughed when he went after Mojo. I don't like Mojo much. He seems like a waste in the ring from what I've seen and it's sad Ryder has to take to pins to protect his lame ass. On the point of commentary it's much nicer not listening to Cole and JBL shouting catchphrases and garbage at me the whole match. The smackdown crew is the #1 team. I really hope they have them for WM (they won't). Todd seems a bit vanilla, but he's better than whats his face on raw (can't think of his name).

Was Seth ever a face?

I always considered heel Seth as a face. He was the white ranger at Summerslam and I recall him getting great pops that weekend.

I had on and off again issues with the app (Galaxy Note 4). I ended up deleting it because it would crash too often when I tried to use it. I never had a failure to play videos. Just freezing issues. On your tablet can you login through a web browser?

Nope. If I go to the website it says to watch you have to download the app, if you try to request the desktop site it lets you through, but you need Flash to play any videos.

DMczaf

Seth's booking is absolutely weird.

He was booked with some of the worst fucking finishes in WWE champion history, yet most of his matches had hot crowds since he was putting on a fucking show...until the fuckery ending happened and the crowd went "...what? goddamnit"

Kaladin

Seth's booking is absolutely weird.

He was booked with some of the worst fucking finishes in WWE champion history, yet most of his matches had hot crowds since he was putting on a fucking show...until the fuckery ending happened and the crowd went "...what? goddamnit"

The best thing about Seth Rollins, IMO is he could work a match where you knew it would have a shenanigans ending and he would still make it entertaining. You could flat out know that they were working to get to an angle, but he'd make it work.

I'll never understand why the heck they put Prince Puma in a mask. Hopefully they fix this grave error by folding in a mask vs. mask match at some point.
Agreed. It just looks dumb.

Saw the first episode of LU last week and enjoyed it...very FnP. I really like Havoc and Mil

...and Ivelisse.
s50yprd.gif

Kaladin

Which is a better pick up point if I haven't watched NXT in a couple weeks? Should I go back to Jan 13th or start with last week's?

somedevil

Which is a better pick up point if I haven't watched NXT in a couple weeks? Should I go back to Jan 13th or start with last week's?

Well you can watch the women's battle royal on the 13th to see how they got the new number 1 contender.

After that start at last weeks.

UberTag

Agreed. It just looks dumb.

Saw the first episode of LU last week and enjoyed it...very FnP. I really like Havoc and Mil

...and Ivelisse.
s50yprd.gif
That wasn't Havoc. That was Son of Havoc.
I'm not sure we'll ever get to see the actual Havoc.

Here he is chilling with his homeys Sami and Adrian.

B_lWo8cUYAE0kwI.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Apollo Crews. Only thing I'd change is make his standing moonsault his set up move.

I'd do the same change for Naomi as well, the Rear View screams mid match, but no one cares about her right now.

JavyOO7

Anyone watch the WWE Network on an Android device? Did the update just straight up break the app for you? I've tried on both my tablet and phone (and reinstalled the app on my tablet) and I can't get any video to play. The free videos (like the New Day interview with Cole works) but watching any Network videos I get the preroll ad then just an error popup.

I installed the WWE app on my 50 dollar Kindle Fire and so far it hasn't crashed yet. It puts the video automatically on landscape mode and the picture is okay seeing as how that tablet is 600p res.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just noticed 1993 Raw is missing from the PS3 app. This shit happens from time to time and is annoying. The episodes are there if you search for them, but the year isn't on the list anymore.

Jopie

Like most people, I spend a lot of my free time coming up with cool tag teams for The Miz. So far, these are my two favorites.

The MizTake, a tag team with the Undertaker. Crossing them would sure to be a Miztake for any other tag team.

And a seasonal treat, which sees The Miz teaming up with Y2J to form ChrisMiz.

Now back to dreaming up new ideas for the second best heel, and most criminally underutilized superstar in the company.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Ric Flair's new role as early 90's Harley Race. That would make his daughter either Sid Vicious or Big Van Vader, take your pick.

Bret getting shook

Hart had retired as an active wrestler around 1963, but Stomper kept goading him to come out of retirement. Eventually they had a series of three matches in early 1969, culminating with the fight to the finish on February 7 in Calgary. Stomper not only went over, but broke Stu’s arm. Since the stories of Stu in the dungeon were well known around the city and throughout Eastern Canada, the idea that he injured the toughest man in Western Canada made people see Stomper as an almost unstoppable force. The memories of this program were so strong that 14 years later, when Bret had become a popular singles star, the storyline of his breaking Stu’s arm was used for a strong drawing program with Stomper.

Bret Hart, who was 11 at the time of the Stomper vs. Stu program, had vivid memories of watching his father get his arm broken. He said he had nightmares about The Stomper, remembering in particular an interview where he said he was going to come down to their house, and tear it apart, brick-by-brick, tear his father limb from limb, and even threatened to drag his mother out of the house, bring her onto the interstate and give her a piledriver.

Stu wore the cast at home, although Bret noted that when his father thought no one was around, or when he needed to cook, he took it off. Then one Saturday afternoon, coming out of a Corvette, in front of the house, was The Stomper. Bret didn’t know if he was going to make good on his promise. But his mom greeted him, hugged him, and handed him a check.

“I still wasn’t sure what was going on, but I never viewed wrestling in quite the same way after that.”

Stomper story in this weeks observer is great. Prime Meltz

He took a job working at the Knox County jail, a job he held for the next 15 years. The most famous story regarded a tough fugitive, who had beaten up two officers badly when they tried to arrest him. Archie, at this point well into his 50s, said, “I’ll get him.” As the story went, Stomper went to arrest him, choked him half to death, and brought him in. Another story from the period was someone he was taking in, who knew exactly who he was, started arguing with him and said, “You wouldn’t be so tough without that gun belt.” Archie took off the belt and quickly ended that confrontation.

somedevil

Well some bad news:

"Regarding rumors that WWE purchased “Subconscious,” those in WWE state that is not correct and Nakamura is expected to be given new music"

Hope its at the AJ Styles level and not Samoa Joe first theme level.

Verendus

Banned
I don't understand how AJ got a good theme, and that one diva at Royal Rumble (The Boss?) has a good theme too, yet there are wrestlers like Ambrose, Rollins, and Cesaro running around with terrible themes.

How does this happen? Why do they do this? Did someone not listen to the music they were assigning to these superstars? Why did Swagger get to keep such awesome music when he's a jobber?

Please change the themes.

I don't understand how AJ got a good theme, and that one diva at Royal Rumble (The Boss?) has a good theme too, yet there are wrestlers like Ambrose, Rollins, and Cesaro running around with terrible themes.

How does this happen? Why do they do this? Did someone not listen to the music they were assigning to these superstars? Why did Swagger get to keep such awesome music when he's a jobber?

Please change the themes.

Nothing wrong with Rollins butt rock sir.

How would y'all feel about Apollo Crews and Nia Jax as your next NXT Tag Champs? Turn them heel and have them steal the belts from American Alpha.

Top Bottom