• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Apparently tried to choke someone out back stage

Yeah, basically 3 years ago Reby went on a rant about Sid noshowing a bunch of indy shows one month, including one where he was booked to fight Matt

Kong on a shoot responded to that by calling her a ho who needs to respect veterans, and Reby flipped out about that and doubled down on Sid being disrespectful with the noshows (and insulted Kong a bit, I think at one point calling Kong a drug addict)

The tour was the first time since that both were in the same building together, and apparently Kong held the grudge. Dave said she choked Reby in the same room as Reby and Matt's baby, and if there's any truth to that I have no clue how she's still employed other than "TNA"

Browny

Banned
Yup. Kong does seem a little "unhinged" for want of a better term, Reby certainly did used to have a rep on the indies; people can change but the story looks to be a little of both sides.

Well, quite a lot of Kong really.

Edit: what's been said above.

Zach

Written in the Stars is the best WM theme. Ever.

I'm all about the classic themes myself. Miss 'em. The Lapsed Fan (which has grown on me) opined that WWE should've kept the classic themes of PPVs and just updated/remixed them over the years. I agree with that.

Fox318

I'm all about the classic themes myself. Miss 'em. The Lapsed Fan (which has grown on me) opined that WWE should've kept the classic themes of PPVs and just updated/remixed them over the years. I agree with that.

Exactly.

Just like how on ESPN or Fox there is theme music that spans decades Wrestlemania should have had that.

Even now Mania's should still be numbered.

If only the company wasn't run by a man desperate to not look old.

Zach

Exactly.

Just like how on ESPN or Fox there is theme music that spans decades Wrestlemania should have had that.

Even now Mania's should still be numbered.

If only the company wasn't run by a man desperate to not look old.

If only. :(

Carnby

Agreed. Written in the Stars should be every WM's theme song.

Mahonay

Banned
Jushin Liger making his WCW debut here at Starrcade 91'.

He has the great unfortunance of having his first in ring action against Mike Graham, who fucks up almost every move Liger tries to do. Then Graham comes off the ropes at about 1MPH, Liger does a backwards spring elbow to thin air in the middle of the ring and falls flat on his back. Makes Liger look dumb as fuck. Pissed off Jushin Liger tags out, and tosses his hand up towards Graham which could be read as "fucking really with that shit?".

Welcome to early 90's wrasslin Liger.

Rouse

Bret Hart has just announced on instagram that he has prostate cancer...

In shock, this guy was my hero growing up! Hope he smashes the feck out of it and gets better!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just found out Bret Hart has prostate cancer :(

man fuck cancer

Recall

What's the dramatic music they used to have during the hype videos/opening videos on WWF PPVs?

The base drops and shit just got real!

shanafan

You're right on all of this. I just listened to a bunch of interviews and you're right on the way he frames his criticisms.

And yeah, that IL reaction to his entrance is surreal. Even the commentators were taken aback.

I am listening to the full podcast he did with Colt Cabana, and it is some really good listening.

Punk does contradict himself throughout. Probably not intentionally, but at the beginning of the podcast, he says he didn't do wrestling for the money. However, he mentioned that he was approached by sponsors and presented the idea to Vince to wear MMA shorts with advertisers on them. Vince didn't like the idea because it would piss off the Raw advertisers and other guys in the back. Why would Punk want advertisers in the first place? Based on what I know about him, he would not want to be labeled as a sellout. Wearing MMA shorts with advertisers on them (without being in MMA) would be a sellout. Brock is the exception because he was in MMA.

Nice to see the WWE network has buffed up its Raw content since I was last signed up, got me some of those 2000 Raws my nostalgia craves so dearly.

I also went and found the episode that got me into watching on the regular, the night after No Way Out 2000.
Still WWE have work to do, Smackdown wasn't filler back in the day so I'm not getting my full story fix, I need to see Kane's reaction the the X-Pac/Tori christmas story where he goes wandering off sorrowfully into the snowy night, that's perfect gif material right there.
Unfortunately they had the SD events on either side of it but not that actual episode.

Still need to watch season 1. In fact what's the best way to do so in the UK?
Someone needs to help answer our friends question here.

Because I'm also wondering.

Written in the Stars is the best WM theme. Ever.
Nah i'm all about that...

BIG TIME, good job confuse, you chose correctly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You're right, there's a 0% chance he wins.

Reigns vs. HHH is happening with Roman winning the title standing victorious at the end of the show. It's guaranteed. WWE doesn't give a fuck if he's booed, it's what they want.

Ambrose will be a part of the inevitable 6 man IC title match.

I think you're being a tad pessimistic here. The last 2 WrestleManias were both among the best PPVs of the year precisely because they ended up giving the audience what it wanted. Putting Ambrose in the main event of WrestleMania would elevate him sure, but he's literally the only guy in the company other than...the other two guys in the match who plausibly could main event WrestleMania.

I think its happening, I just wouldn't put money on it. If Ambrose gets the IC title stripped from him via bullshit reasons on Raw or something, or they book him to defend it at FastLane and also do the title match, then I definitely would think something is up.

Mahonay

Banned
Lex Luger's selling is one of the best pieces of comedic wrestling. Makes me laugh every time.

Maybe this is what Reigns needs.

Top Bottom