• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

I think the heel/face dynamic needs to go. In 2016 the business has never been more exposed especially with shows like Total Divas. They need to book it like PRIDE these days. Just compete. None of this authority bullshit because we all know Vince has a hard on for Roman backstage. Storylines need to be at a minimum. I prefer NXT or old ECW approach. Cheer on who you like.

RBH

tumblr_n7k4yiwPdA1s3uawvo2_r1_500.gif

Just watched Smackdown. Roman's facial expressions are on point when he's not exasperated or smiling. The ending of that match was pretty interesting just for his reaction

somedevil

I find this funny. After the New Day mentioned Ambreigns, people went to the internet and searched it:

Good luck on those who researched it and Reigns and Ambrose gave alot more fodder for that name on Smackdown.

Also they renamed Styles Calf Killer name to Calf Crusher.

Zach

Jericho's the best in '98. Fans are so into the Jerichoholic/Monday Night Jericho stuff, and he responds to their support by posing briefly with their homemade signs before flying off the handle and tearing them apart in disgust. :D

God I cannot get over how disappointing that NXT main event was. It was a repeat of the title match just with a very flat finish instead of a Corbin DQ.

You've got Uhaa Nation struggling with headlocks for 50+% of the match, Balor has completely fallen into the WWE style of nothing matters for the first 3/4 of a match then I hit my big spots and win. Like, a bad Randy Orton match. I know its a TV match but something a bit more than an extended squash would be nice. Crews got to hit his press/moonsault and miss a moonsault to the outside along with some perfunctory clotheslines in the corner as his offense, that's it....

That's 3 or 4 pretty terrible NXT's in a row. At least the Asuka squash was intense, the jobber they had for her seemed a lot better than some of the NXT homegrown talent.

xsPjYCc.gif

He will return. Stronger, faster, better.

But....the Bloody Sunday!

Anth0ny

I find this funny. After the New Day mentioned Ambreigns, people went to the internet and searched it:

Good luck on those who researched it and Reigns and Ambrose gave alot more fodder for that name on Smackdown.

Also they renamed Styles Calf Killer name to Calf Crusher.

guaranteed they're going to start selling #Ambreigns shirts

A pretty weak version of it and all T____T

I think I'm pretty disillusioned with whatever they are teaching or mandating at the Performance Center...

Well, they have to make it safer for WWE style.

What I find more interesting is that Finn was almost wrestling like a heel for most of this. I think the Balor Club, Finn being behind the attack on Itami, and the Finn/Itami feud for Takeover: Brooklyn will be a thing, guys.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is a way better look than the goofy singlet and whatnot. Is this really what he's sporting now?

I doubt it. He wears the singlet because he gets "Goldberg" chants if he doesn't

MC Safety

CM Punk did an interview with Complex, and the results were certainly not surprising.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cm-punk-not-easy-guy-201530798.html

The story is here:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/02/cm-punk-second-act

I interviewed Punk, very briefly, as part of THQ's wrestling events some years ago. THQ wheeled out a few wrestlers to talk with the game journalists, promote the latest title, and compete in a video game challenge. Punk showed up one of those years, probably at a Chicago event.

Punk accepted the check for the appearance, but clearly did not want to be there. I jokingly asked him about money in the bank and if he wouldn't prefer a briefcase stuffed with cash. He paused before answering, stared, and shot laser death eyes at me. Then he recovered and mumbled something about a title shot being better than actual cash.

As for the Complex interview, I could totally see Punk being aloof and defensive. Despite the tension, there are some good insights to be had on the man.

Fox318

It was honestly one of the best mark out moments of the whole thing.
Brock needs more of that.
In an odd way the suplex city stuff can limit his moveset.

Brock is great and the fact that they had him job to fucking HHH at mania is a joke.

Watch HHH argues he should keep the belt at mania and lose it on raw or something.

Same shit he pulled with Rock at mania 2000.

Best call Austin ever had was not wanting to put HHH over.

So Im been peaking at TNA, just to see this whole Hardy thing, and it's making me super excited for a Seth Rollins face turn.

I hope HHH can hold the title until he comes back. I'd love to see that Rollins/HHH match

Also, this Crazzy Steve/Decay stable thing is pretty damn fun to watch.

Fox318

CM Punk did an interview with Complex, and the results were certainly not surprising.

The story is here:

I interviewed Punk, very briefly, as part of THQ's wrestling events some years ago. THQ wheeled out a few wrestlers to talk with the game journalists, promote the latest title, and compete in a video game challenge. Punk showed up one of those years, probably at a Chicago event.

Punk accepted the check for the appearance, but clearly did not want to be there. I jokingly asked him about money in the bank and if he wouldn't prefer a briefcase stuffed with cash. He paused before answering, stared, and shot laser death eyes at me. Then he recovered and mumbled something about a title shot being better than actual cash.

As for the Complex interview, I could totally see Punk being aloof and defensive. Despite the tension, there are some good insights to be had on the man.
I'd say punk was gonna get his wakeup call but he will never fight.

Dude is almost 40.

Anth0ny

The story is here:

it's gonna be fun to see him get knocked out

yo phil, come back to work you carny fuck

Fox318

Honestly it sounds like Punk should close his twitter and other social shit and enjoy the private life.

If punk just wanted to fight he shoudld have gone the Dave Batista way or fought amateur before signing to the ufc. Dude is going to have to promote his fight and talk with other media members and he needs to calm the fuck down.

Maybe his iniury got to him or maybe the tolls of what training for MMA are getting to him but what does it say of a man whose goal it is to fight somebody almost 20 years younger with maybe even less expierence.

Honestly the UFC really shouldn't have signed him. Maybe Dana is going to hit it big but he makes the sport look like a joke in a way circus fights don't.

He sounds like a miserable human being.

RBH

The story is here:

Dude will never grow up from his passive aggressiveness.

shanafan

Oh Phil.. thinking it's the world vs. him.

It's not.

I can't get over his interview on Colt Cabana's podcast. The dude wanted to argue everything in his last year with Vince. Just shut up and wrestle.

Striker

He's a man-child. Always has been.

Remember he told Hogan "I'll wreck you." What 37-yr old legitimately talks like that?

Heroman

Banned
Oh Phil.. thinking it's the world vs. him.

It's not.

I can't get over his interview on Colt Cabana's podcast. The dude wanted to argue everything in his last year with Vince. Just shut up and wrestle.
If you were in punks spot you would argue with Vince to

Kaladin

When he’s asked how he might respond to fans who question his motives for going into MMA, wonder if it is a publicity stunt, or wonder if he’s ever going to fight, he pushes back again. Now, he’s no longer smiling. “You say my fans say that? You’re mistaken. My fans do not say that. I wouldn’t say anything to them [my critics]. I don’t justify stupidity with an answer. I don’t give a shit what anybody thinks of me, whether I’m going to fight or not. I know what I’m going to do.

LOL, guy is a real heel.

Punk wanted to be a top star, but with none of the responsibilities. He wanted to have the belt, but didn't want to do the meet and greets or do interviews. Like it or not, that's what you have to do when you're the top guy in the WWE. Maybe it's for the better that he left when he did.

Bert409

Watching Wrestlemania VIII and Sid just had an amazing promo to Mean Gene.

wwf_wrestlemania8_sid.jpg

"NO SHUDDUP YOU FAT... BALDHEADED LITTLE OAF!!"

hamchan

The story is here:

Punk is an asshole. Even Dan Ryckert, someone who seems to love every single wrestler he meets, had a bad experience with Punk and dislikes him. I can't wait to see him get knocked out in the UFC.

Kaladin

I met Punk at an impromptu signing during Wrestlemania 24 week. I was at the Video Game tournament / POD concert. They threw random wrestlers out at a table for people to get autographs and Punk was there when I came up. He kinda just took the hat I had for him to sign, signed it and gave it back. No real attempt even at interaction there.

Pikma

Banned
I've been watching 2000 Raws for about a week now, and I have to say... It's not just nostalgia. This shit is awesome.
I've been watching 1997 WCW PPVs for some reason and it's definitely not nostalgia because everything but the cruiserweights sucks so much ass, it's horrible.

Cruiserweights definitely make up for it though.

klonere

Banned
Mid 99 Raws broke me. I just had to stop watching. Bad matches plus some heinous angles just made me step back and listen to the AE podcast instead of watching.

Add Axl Rotten to the dead list:
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99542/axl-rotten-passes-away.html?p=1

Brian Knighton, professionally known as Axl Rotten, was found deceased today in Baltimore, Maryland. According to sources we have spoken with, he was found by authorities in a motel this afternoon.

We will have more on this shortly.

We'd like to express our deepest condolences to Knighton's friends, family and fans.

Brian Knighton was 44 years old.

Top Bottom