• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Pikma

Banned
These WCW PPVs are really insufferable, every damn match has a bullshit ending, even when it's face vs face. It sucks

I think that's that, not gonna waste more of my time.

These WCW PPVs are really insufferable, every damn match has a bullshit ending, even when it's face vs face. It sucks

I think that's that, not gonna waste more of my time.
russo_bashbeach.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2000? Yeah. Every match needs at least one ref bump and two run ins. Some matches get two-three ref bumps, four-six run ins, and a swerve or two.

Heel

Punk isn't a bad guy, I think he's just naturally cranky and he's introverted. If anything he's the victim and he's constantly being bullied.

Guy was in the dog house more than Snoop when he first got on the main roster(ecw whatever lol).

Being an introvert doesn't give you license to act like a shitbird. Too much evidence piling up.

Pikma

Banned
2000? Yeah. Every match needs at least one ref bump and two run ins. Some matches get two-three ref bumps, four-six run ins, and a swerve or two.
1997 but pretty close yeah. I just watched what had been a pretty awesome match between Malenko and Benoit end in a no contest because of four fucking run ins. It's the fucking worst.

Being an introvert doesn't give you license to act like a shitbird. Too much evidence piling up.
Punk doesn't know how to handle people. CM Punk was really him being Phil. I feel sorry for him at times but hey, I can't do shit about it.

Also his personal life didn't do him too well with things that went on in his family. That stuff sticks with you. You know with the way Punk is treated in this social media era, I'd feel extra bad for Warrior.
Ha! I just finished watching Goodfellas for the first time ever and look who's back -- it's Bluekaveli!
You knew it was time baby, real recognizes real.

Post my gif!

Wait the first time? Shit. I've just only watched the movie one time this year lol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
WWE booking.

He will job to Y2J then he will win at Fastpoint.

Ugh. I would hate that. I guess it would make sense in their world, but I suppose I'm being biased in that I want AJ to be pushed hard.

It might be weird, but I absolutely love the way that he hits. Other wrestlers just stick their arms up when hitting someone in a corner, but AJ winds up. So good.

Fox318

Ugh. I would hate that. I guess it would make sense in their world, but I suppose I'm being biased in that I want AJ to be pushed hard.

It might be weird, but I absolutely love the way that he hits. Other wrestlers just stick their arms up when hitting someone in a corner, but AJ winds up. So good.
You have to think with their backwards mindset

Everyone is 50 50 except for a select few:

Reigns

Cena

Brock(Because they paid him big money) plus the man should be booked like a god except around a certain few performers.

HHH ( who is way over booked and has been since he started dating the bosses daughter)

Whatever tall guy Vince is enamored with that month

Right now to Vince sees in AJ is a sub 6 foot midget who has a southern accent and we all know how much Vince hates the south.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
You have to think with their backwards mindset

Everyone is 50 50 except for a select few:

Reigns

Cena

Brock(Because they paid him big money) plus the man should be booked like a god except around a certain few performers.

HHH ( who is way over booked and has been since he started dating the bosses daughter)

Whatever tall guy Vince is enamored with that month

Right now to Vince sees in AJ is a sub 6 foot midget who has a southern accent and we all know how much Vince hates the south.

Didn't the WWE pay AJ a shitload of money to come there?

Recall

So if we already know how Vince regards AJ then let's curb our unrealistic expectations and just watch it week to week without complaining how he isn't pushed correctly.

Vince acting like Vince shouldnt be new to anyone yet so many seem to be perplexed by a guy who has booked the same way for 14 years now. Get the hint already.

People act like this shit booking tactic is a new thing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
They paid Brock a shit load only to have him job to Cena and to make HHH feel like a real athlete instead of a fake entertainer.

Their head writer doesn't give a shit.

Are you implying that they buried Brock? From where I sit I see them pushing every appearance from him as an event.

Fox318

Are you implying that they buried Brock? From where I sit I see them pushing every appearance from him as an event.
For the first year they did.

While Brock did need to relearn some things with regards to maintaining character they should have had Brock win. That Big Show squash match at the rumble was an attempt to repair his image after having him job and a CM punk feud that didn't really do fantastic.

I mean think about it you bring a mainstream MMA STAR back into the fold and you job him out the first chance you get?

Then his first mania match back he's wrestling a HHH whose package has him training like a 23 year old MMA fighter.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pretty awesome Smackdown, AJ vs Miz was actually super legit, The New Day vs Social Outcasts promo was as good as Id hoped it would be ("Oh were gonna touch them", great line), storylines are advancing, the guest commentary was good, much improved show, really.

Pretty awesome Smackdown, AJ vs Miz weas actually super legit, The New Day vs Social Outcasts promo was as good as Id hoped it would be ("Oh were gonna touch them", great line), storylines are advancing, the guest commentary was good, much improved show, really.
SD back to where it used to be. I love it. Armstrong saying fuck the bullshit.

Colocho

Banned
It just hit me that a guy who had a match at Wrestlemania 12 is gonna main event that same PPV 20 years later in what is billed to be the biggest Mania of all time. I know there's an injury plague going on, but holy shit, you couldn't come up with anything better than that, WWE?

It just hit me that a guy who had a match at Wrestlemania 12 is gonna main event that same PPV 20 years later in what is billed to be the biggest Mania of all time. I know there's and injury plague going on, but holy shit, you couldn't come up with anything better than that, WWE?
Welcome to the big leagues Colocho!

It just hit me that a guy who had a match at Wrestlemania 12 is gonna main event that same PPV 20 years later in what is billed to be the biggest Mania of all time. I know there's an injury plague going on, but holy shit, you couldn't come up with anything better than that, WWE?

The Asskicker

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's weird...but I've been jonseing for a Haitch/JOHN CENA feud for like a year now.

Good things about HHH, the wrestling god.

1. He is a heel with a lot of outstanding opponents. Basically the only face right now he wouldn't have a fresh matchup with is Brock. He has a prebuilt program with Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose. He even has stuff left with Orton and Cena.

2. His last two Mania matches were fun. Especially the one in XXX but I was one who really enjoyed the stage show at XXXI.

3. Even when he loses, he wins.

jmdajr

Knighton was found dead by police in a Baltimore, Maryland motel room on February 4, 2016. [13] 10 hours earlier, he sent his final tweet which read, "The way I do things may not be the way you do things but you will find out there is only 1 way. My away! (sic) #AxIsTruth."

Knighton was found dead by police in a Baltimore, Maryland motel room on February 4, 2016. [13] 10 hours earlier, he sent his final tweet which read, "The way I do things may not be the way you do things but you will find out there is only 1 way. My away! (sic) #AxIsTruth."
Mirra's final moments in social media was just as weird man. Crazy ass shit.

Yo what exactly happened with Kazarny? I remember the weird dark video promos for him then he finally gets here and he's gone the next second. I remember reading they were high on him but nothing came of it. Myself, I was so excited that we were getting something of that nature(I also loved Paul Burchill as a pirate) but I was disappointed that nothing went forward.

LycanXIII

Yo what exactly happened with Kazarny? I remember the weird dark video promos for him then he finally gets here and he's gone the next second. I remember reading they were high on him but nothing came of it. Myself, I was so excited that we were getting something of that nature(I also loved Paul Burchill as a pirate) but I was disappointed that nothing went forward.

No joke, last night I was watching a season 2 episode of X-Files that featured some carnies. One looked familiar, so I looked him up (Jim Rose) and found out he's the founder of a circus sideshow (Jim Rose Circus). Lo and behold, Kizarny is listed as one of the performers.

OdTsjWh.gif

hahaha yesss. nice find, coli always on point with their gifs. the only ones who can step to sunhilegend in some degree.

also kind of going back to that AJ/Miz segment on Raw again. lmao Miz is the best mic-worker they have right now aside from New Day...possibly better tbh. that smug face when he said he was the father of the 'yes movement' and then when he kept raising his hand lmao.

omg this guy looks like a legitimate wrassle-god in WWE. all those hits are worked with such apparent impact. *alfred voice* look at that speed, that ferocity *

LycanXIII

OdTsjWh.gif

hahaha yesss. nice find, coli always on point with their gifs. the only ones who can step to sunhilegend in some degree.

also kind of going back to that AJ/Miz segment on Raw again. lmao Miz is the best mic-worker they have right now aside from New Day...possibly better tbh. that smug face when he said he was the father of the 'yes movement' and then when he kept raising his hand lmao.

omg this guy looks like a legitimate wrassle-god in WWE. all those hits are worked with such apparent impact. *alfred voice* look at that speed, that ferocity *

Well, if you see what happened to Miz's teeth, yeah, there was some impact in those hits.

Edit: WWE. com exclusive vid of Miz after the match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZdgTiZETw

Top Bottom