• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

That's a 360. But yeah, point stands.

He posted on Twitter than he has all consoles...even a Wii U! Also he's a huge VPW2 fan.

Judging by this week's Talk is Jericho, we can probably expect AJ on UpUpDownDown very soon. I had no idea he was a huge gamer.

He's actually made Xavier a couple of challenges on Twitter.

Man, I would have loved to see Xavier and Kofi vs. Kenny Omega and AJ (in happier times) in an SFIV tag tournament.

Zach

So on my last ppv I saw this gem and I think everyone needs to watch it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ts8s_flash-funk-vs-leif-cassidy_sport

Being 96' WWE wasn't too accustomed to these awesome flashy matxhes unless Bret or Shawn were part of it.

IYH:It's time was simply awesome

Zach, what did you rate this?

Also you get a chance to see Heel Michael Cole 12 years before it happens with Vince's dancing.

What event? I can't check out the link right now. Please refer to this delightful Google spreadsheet: goo.gl/dYRXTV

DMczaf

AJ and KO didn't sell out.

They bought in.

WM-Update_980x470.jpg

Anth0ny

AJ is on talk is Jericho.

Vince came up with the pitbull

shocking fucking news

you can tell they had a meeting with everyone involved and were told to call him a pitbull at least 3 times during every broadcast

Even Mauro and Jericho said it on commentary on Smackdown. fucking hell.

DMczaf

shocking fucking news

you can tell they had a meeting with everyone involved and were told to call him a pitbull at least 3 times during every broadcast

Even Mauro and Jericho said it on commentary on Smackdown. fucking hell.

The way Jericho was saying the AJ buzzwords sounded almost deliberately phony.

Except I know Jericho is legit phony now... :(

UberTag

The WWE is all about hammering in a specific tagline or specific rules into people's skulls and repeating them ad nauseum.

Call him a pitbull, damn it.
Don't call it a belt, damn it.
Shill the Network, don't call the match, damn it.
This guy's getting too over... let's 50/50 that fucker, damn it.

And if you asked Vince why he is obsessed with controlling the narrative, he wouild call all of the above bullshit "storytelling" and "entertainment". Because that's how he tells stories, damn it. It sure as hell isn't about feud development with logical builds and payoffs. Go watch Lucha Underground for those.

shaowebb

Honestly I think if they work Miz's broken tooth from when AJ backfisted him into the story it'd help him get over with this Awful Vince McOuttaTouchWithGoodNicknames idea.

The pitbull stuff reminds of when they really wanted people to call Roman Reigns "The Juggernaut" and they mentioned it every time they could.

UberTag

The pitbull stuff reminds of when they really wanted people to call Roman Reigns "The Juggernaut" and they mentioned it every time they could.
Let us not forget about Michael Cole having to reference "The Demon" Kane a dozen times a segment inexplicably out of nowhere.

DMczaf

Meltzer's podcast with Cornette was sorta eye opening.

When Meltzer talked about how the average WWE viewer was in his mid 20s in the late 90s, and now 20 years later the average WWE viewer is in their mid 40s....

Guzim

Meltzer's podcast with Cornette was sorta eye opening.

When Meltzer talked about how the average WWE viewer was in his mid 20s in the late 90s, and now 20 years later the average WWE viewer is in their mid 40s....

That's going to be us in 20 years :(

Son Of D

They also mentioned TNA once. Ban is real

JBL brought up TNA in his Legends interview with Brian James. It was very brief and they only mentioned VKM a bit. And at the end of the Ron Simmons episode it shows some clips of upcoming ones, ending with JBL asking Booker T his thoughts about the Hogan racist rant.

The network shows seem to be very no holds barred on what they say (although I can't imagine any mention of Benoit ever getting through).

Sephzilla

So I watched the Season 1 recap video on youtube and then watched the first episode of LU Season 2 - Holy fuck, what have I been missing out on!?

Welcome back Sephzilla, what are the prime directives?

Directive 1: Serve the public trust
Directive 2: Protect the innocent
Directive 3: Uphold the law
Directive 4: [CLASSIFIED]
Don't get banned again

I know you. You're banned. We banned you. We banned you!

This post made me laugh more than I was expecting!

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm sitting at a Starbucks right now and they're playing Written in the Stars. I remember hating it at first, now it's like one of my favorite WM themes.

Also, Seph is back! Hell yeah.

Sephzilla

To catch up on some topics from when I was away

Royal Rumble: The rumble was generally predictable, but still decently booked. Brock stiffing Strowman was glorious. Roman leaving for half the match made my entire living room of people groan. I have no issue with HHH winning the Rumble and title, he's going to be a transitional champ and drop it at Mania and he's the best heel they have right now.

Lucha Underground: Mil Muertes and his throne are the most boss things ever. This guy is the fusion of Lesnar and Taker and I love it.

NXT: Has been pretty decent but it feels like they've been spinning their wheels for a few weeks waiting until they can start really building up their NXT Dallas stuff.

Off topic - To anyone who remembers some of the shit I had happen a few months ago; I gots me a date tonight!

Top Bottom