• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Carnby

They paid Brock a shit load only to have him job to Cena and to make HHH feel like a real athlete instead of a fake entertainer.

Their head writer doesn't give a shit.

What are you talking about? Brock won the HHH feud and broke H's arm twice.

Menome

Was Strowman being a dick or was he IC?

Just amateurness I believe. Forgot to sell, so got shown how to in an impromptu lesson.

image.php

Hey, the Macho Mandow nonsense is behind us now. 2016 is the year of IC Champ Sandow. Book it.

Fox318

What are you talking about? Brock won the HHH feud and broke H's arm twice.

but HHH won at mania.

See HHH knows that what matters is the big win on the big stage. Its why he beat Rock at mania 2000 and its why he turned heel with Austin with the power trip.

He knew that if Austin turned he would have to job back and HHH wasn't about to let Austin win over him again.

Shame is HHH knows how to put someone over (see Batista and Bryan at Mania XXX).

That Brock job with Cena was to humble Brock (which was stupid because he could have drawn more as a threat with a new UFC fanbase) and the HHH feud was some dumb attempt at HHH and Vince to one up UFC in NY.

Fox318

Just amateurness I believe. Forgot to sell, so got shown how to in an impromptu lesson.

Hey, the Macho Mandow nonsense is behind us now. 2016 is the year of IC Champ Sandow. Book it.

Honestly he probably has only sold for 1 person (Reigns) and that was almost 6 months ago.

All he does is try and look tall and widen his shoulders.

I mean he's an enforcer so there really isn't an issue with that but he really doesn't have much time in the ring still.

Menome

Probably the case that Vince watched a NXT house-show, saw Strowman and said: "I want him" despite it being at least a year too early (He never made it to televised NXT if I recall correctly).

Might also have been told: "Go out and brush off everyone who hits you" without being given the unspoken addendum of: "Except for Brock, he'll fucking murder you otherwise".

Kaladin

I'm leaning towards The Martian.

Thing is, with that one, I will likely want to read the book after. I have it sitting in my pile of stuff to read.

UberTag

I have an important off topic question:

Which movie should I rent tonight: The Martian or Straight Outta Compton?
Because you're a wrestling fan, you'll probably enjoy John Cena in Space (aka The Martian) more.
That said, I consider Straight Outta Compton to be the better film.

RBH

Our 2016 project should have been watching Raw 1997 and Nitro 1997 together every Monday.
Did you listen to the latest Bryan & Vinny show? With their reviews of the old Raws and Nitros, they're doing a better job of selling me on the WWE Network than the WWE is. Now I want to watch old Ice Train matches from Nitro! And that Piper/Hogan segment they talked about from 2/3/97 sounded legitimately awesome.

They also made a note of the frequent Ahmed Johnson wedgies on Raw. :(

ryuen

CkQZwwmm.png

My friend & I have been doing a wrestling podcast for the past couple weeks so I figure that some of you might be interested in the recent episode that we recorded. If you were one of 5 people in America that played Pro Wrestling Sengokuden or spent way too many hours playing VPW2, you might enjoy. Check us out!

https://soundcloud.com/virtual-pros/ep9

Pikma

Banned
Did you listen to the latest Bryan & Vinny show? With their reviews of the old Raws and Nitros, they're doing a better job of selling me on the WWE Network than the WWE is. Now I want to watch old Ice Train matches from Nitro! And that Piper/Hogan segment they talked about from 2/3/97 sounded legitimately awesome.

They also made a note of the frequent Ahmed Johnson wedgies on Raw. :(
That Piper vs Hogan feud was really fucking awesome, watched it again just last week.

but HHH won at mania.

See HHH knows that what matters is the big win on the big stage. Its why he beat Rock at mania 2000 and its why he turned heel with Austin with the power trip.

He knew that if Austin turned he would have to job back and HHH wasn't about to let Austin win over him again.

Shame is HHH knows how to put someone over (see Batista and Bryan at Mania XXX).

That Brock job with Cena was to humble Brock (which was stupid because he could have drawn more as a threat with a new UFC fanbase) and the HHH feud was some dumb attempt at HHH and Vince to one up UFC in NY.
Amen, I was pissed how they had Brock lose to Hunter and Cena. He should've been undefeated going against Taker or The Rock(which was the original plan). Just like The Rock said, or made no sense for both of us to lose yet you want us to main event next year.

I have an important off topic question:

Which movie should I rent tonight: The Martian or Straight Outta Compton?
SOoC Directors Cut

Fox318

At this point I don't think we will ever see The Rock wrestle again.

Those injuries from the Cena match halted up movie production and the guy looks like he is signed to film stuff till 2022.

Zach

Oh. I was banned during the Rumble so I forgot to laugh about Triple H being the champ. Ha!

Fun fact: In my chronological viewings, now in April of 1998, Hollywood Hulk Hogan is younger than WWE's current champ. >_>

At this point I don't think we will ever see The Rock wrestle again.

Those injuries from the Cena match halted up movie production and the guy looks like he is signed to film stuff till 2022.
Sadly you're right and right now they really could've used his star power.

I bet they regret saying, "Let him fail in hollywood so he can come crawling back."

I know it has to sting seeing how the tables have turned.

UberTag

Oh. I was banned during the Rumble so I forgot to laugh about Triple H being the champ. Ha!

Fun fact: In my chronological viewings, now in April of 1998, Hollywood Hulk Hogan is younger than WWE's current champ. >_>
Current day Triple H is still younger than Hogan was during his last cup of coffee WWE title reign back in 2002... so I doubt he's losing too much sleep over it.

The story with writers is one thing, but another big obstacle for a guy like the Undertaker to get over is speaking. He said a few lines here and there which reservedly suits a character like that. And that's why Paul Bearer is perfect. If that Taker arrived today, he wouldn't work just because he doesn't have a matching mouthpiece.

Are they even doing anything with Zeb anymore? Talk about wasted potential.

Yeah that's a very good point. Man, Bearer was so fucking good.

Penguin

Seems TNA let go of Awesome kong after the incident

“We conducted an investigation and determined releasing Awesome Kong is the appropriate action in this case.” Adding, “Kong has been a great contributor to TNA and helped solidify the Knockouts as the best female division in professional wrestling. We thank her and wish her well.”

Not shocked but seems like Awesome Kong is done with TNA after that incident during the UK tour.

edit.

beating like someone backstage at a TNA event

Calling the Balor/Crews match a "Title-free" match on NXT this week was laughable. "Non-title" is not good enough anymore for Vince.

Wait, what happened with Awesome Kong?

3 years ago she called Reby Sky a ho on a shoot for not "respecting veterans" (Reby trashed Sid publicly for noshowing a bunch of indy stuff one month, including a show where he was supposed to face Matt Hardy, her bf). Reby responded by doubling down on the Sid stuff, calling Kong a dumb bitch who doesn't know how disrespectful noshowing is, and implying she's a drug addict

The UK tour was the first time since that both were in the same building. Kong didn't forget, and when they were in the same room she knocked Reby's stuff (including stuff for her and Matt's baby) out of her hands and choked her while said baby was in the room

Kaladin

3 years ago she called Reby Sky a ho on a shoot for not "respecting veterans" (Reby trashed Sid publicly for noshowing a bunch of indy stuff one month, including a show where he was supposed to face Matt Hardy, her bf). Reby responded by doubling down on the Sid stuff, calling Kong a dumb bitch who doesn't know how disrespectful noshowing is, and implying she's a drug addict

The UK tour was the first time since that both were in the same building. Kong didn't forget, and when they were in the same room she knocked Reby's stuff (including stuff for her and Matt's baby) out of her hands and choked her while said baby was in the room

Aside from the kid being there, I think the most important point is this......3 years ago.

Top Bottom