• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

bMYjbEC.png

Well, we may not know when he's going to die, but we know what's going to kill him.

Zach

Current day Triple H is still younger than Hogan was during his last cup of coffee WWE title reign back in 2002... so I doubt he's losing too much sleep over it.

It shouldn't bother him at all. I'd be shocked if he even thought about it or cared. But that doesn't mean we can't laugh at such silliness.

I want to live, UberTag! Won't you let me live?!

Since I was banned for the last 2 weeks, I want to share this as the forever bitter fan:

AJ Styles RR popped my so hard. Great music too. Wish they could have licensed Eminem, but what ever.

I thought the AJ Jericho match was ok, not a classic like Y2J thinks it is. I didn';t see the smakdown match was it good? Why put him with Miz?

I hope and prey that they don't Neville him. The guy has 3 good years left, and they can't afford to Ziggler him.

Colocho

Banned
Since I was banned for the last 2 weeks, I want to share this as the forever bitter fan:

AJ Styles RR popped my so hard. Great music too. Wish they could have licensed Eminem, but what ever.

I thought the AJ Jericho match was ok, not a classic like Y2J thinks it is. I didn';t see the smakdown match was it good? Why put him with Miz?

I hope and prey that they don't Neville him. The guy has 3 good years left, and they can't afford to Ziggler him.

"don't Neville him" "can't afford to Ziggler him", it's funny how you could put pretty much 90% of the roster in those sentences and they would keep the same meaning.

UberTag

"don't Neville him" "can't afford to Ziggler him", it's funny how you could put pretty much 90% of the roster in those sentences and they would keep the same meaning.
Sandow
Rusev
Ryder
Barrett

We'll add "The Pitbull" to this list of names soon enough. Probably around the time he has his first 50/50 feud with Ziggles.
Thing is, I trust AJ to have this expectation. He's purely doing this for the cash. He already knows he's going to be Nevilled.

Menome

Squared Circle Gazette Radio's new podcast episode is up:

The Trial of CM Punk

For those who don't know, with "Trial" episodes, they have podcast members in separate for/against camps and have them argue that position, regardless of if they personally agree with it.

Ithil

Cagesideseats, not sure how respectable that site is...

Couldn't find anything on The Observer though so it might be bullshit

Hilariously misquoted, as usual.

What was actually said

The fact they are using his real name on the NXT show is not a sign that he will be using his real name on the main roster. There is the argument that for the Japanese market, given his level of star power, it’s best he uses his real name. They didn’t do that with KENTA or Kana, (Hideo Itami and Asuka) and KENTA was a big star there, although not at the level of Nakamura. The problem is they don’t want to merchandise someone with a name that they don’t own, nor make a star out of someone who can leave and then use the name elsewhere

Basically, just because they are using his real name now does not guarantee he will keep it. Maybe he will, but it's not what they usually do.

Pikma

Banned
Hilariously misquoted, as usual.

What was actually said

Basically, just because they are using his real name now does not guarantee he will keep it. Maybe he will, but it's not what they usually do.
Thanks, good to hear that there's still hope

UberTag

Daniel Bryan shifting into a full-time ref who can't even take bumps would be hilarious.
The only job fit for Daniel on the WWE payroll is convention guest and Total Divas co-star... with occasional stints being interviewed for WWE Network specials about 44+ year old men the WWE would be perfectly content to still allow to take bumps in the ring... even if they've had two dozen concussions like Tommy Dreamer. Even old man Vince is allowed to officiate matches and take bumps and he's 70. D.Brine can't even cut it on commentary because they wouldn't trust him to get out of the way quick enough to avoid action spilling outside of the ring... and they still have 66-year-old Lawler on the road after his heart attack.

Nekofrog

Banned
rewatching 1998-1999 raws with my wife, I forgot the weird transition Shamrock went through. for the longest time the audience just did not care about him, but once he was duped and trounced out of the Corporation/Corporate Ministry, a literal fire seemed to be lit under his ass and the crowd pops were rivaling freaking Steve Austin when he would sprint out from nowhere and start beating people half to death.

i mean i know he wasn't over in any way like Austin at all, not remotely close. but holy crap the crowd reactions. they literally leap up and lose their damn minds for a guy who they didn't care about a week before.

rewatching 1998-1999 raws with my wife, I forgot the weird transition Shamrock went through. for the longest time the audience just did not care about him, but once he was duped and trounced out of the Corporation/Corporate Ministry, a literal fire seemed to be lit under his ass and the crowd pops were rivaling freaking Steve Austin when he would sprint out from nowhere and start beating people half to death.

i mean i know he wasn't over in any way like Austin at all, not remotely close. but holy crap the crowd reactions. they literally leap up and lose their damn minds for a guy who they didn't care about a week before.
At first they were hot for him, especially when he was trying to peel The Rock's skull back. Then they kind went sour on him, then as you said that fluke from Vince got him a huge pop!

I miss Steve Blackman. :(
They need to do a WWE Network show with him, I think it would be sick. A shoot style show.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't think Vince even wants Daniel Bryan in the same state as Roman Reigns at the same time for fear of something happening

Sanjuro

Bryan still had a great top level career in history.

Not sure what else they are supposed to do with him being injured always.

Latest Review-A-Wai looks at the new Jake the Snake documentary, including Pollock's interview with DDP.

Page is carny as fuck, but he's done some incredible work with those guys.

Sabucin

WWF came here in my country in that era (public tv) and I remember that one of the most over guys among fans was Ken Shamrock. Color commentators used to put him so over to the audience that was almost imposible not liking the guy. Specially when 90% of the audience here was marks at the time.

Yo what exactly happened with Kazarny? I remember the weird dark video promos for him then he finally gets here and he's gone the next second. I remember reading they were high on him but nothing came of it. Myself, I was so excited that we were getting something of that nature(I also loved Paul Burchill as a pirate) but I was disappointed that nothing went forward.

Youtube Crazzy Steve on TNA. His latest stuff looks really damn cool

Simply amazing, idk why that's kinda emotional to me. I guess because the little guy gets to roam backstage and see everyone who's on tv.
WWF came here in my country in that era (public tv) and I remember that one of the most over guys among fans was Ken Shamrock. Color commentators used to put him so over to the audience that was almost imposible not liking the guy. Specially when 90% of the audience here was marks at the time.
Here's something you'll love, my boy Kenny has never lost a match clean. He is still the most protected superstar to ever step foot in a WWE ring. For the Longest it was Taker but as he got older he just said fuck it.
Youtube Crazzy Steve on TNA. His latest stuff looks really damn cool
That means I have to watch TNA

giphy.gif

You almost got me you crazy fuck.

Carnby

but HHH won at mania.

See HHH knows that what matters is the big win on the big stage. Its why he beat Rock at mania 2000 and its why he turned heel with Austin with the power trip.

He knew that if Austin turned he would have to job back and HHH wasn't about to let Austin win over him again.

Shame is HHH knows how to put someone over (see Batista and Bryan at Mania XXX).

That Brock job with Cena was to humble Brock (which was stupid because he could have drawn more as a threat with a new UFC fanbase) and the HHH feud was some dumb attempt at HHH and Vince to one up UFC in NY.

But Austin turning heel was Austin's idea.

I'll agree to disagree about the Brock HHH feud. It made sense for the face of the to get the win at WM. But Brock still won the feud and I think you're over thinking the politics.

Ithil

Literally one page back.

What was actually said.

The fact they are using his real name on the NXT show is not a sign that he will be using his real name on the main roster. There is the argument that for the Japanese market, given his level of star power, it’s best he uses his real name. They didn’t do that with KENTA or Kana, (Hideo Itami and Asuka) and KENTA was a big star there, although not at the level of Nakamura. The problem is they don’t want to merchandise someone with a name that they don’t own, nor make a star out of someone who can leave and then use the name elsewhere

Top Bottom