• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

The funniest thing about Pete Lothario being power bombered on the table is that it didn't break. I still remember saying wtf as a kid.

Your co workers sound cool. I have a co worker who's into it and since I'm on crutches he always threatens to beat me with it lol.

But my other co workers can all get German suplexed through an announcement table.
What happen Blue? Botch?

*grabs the crutches!! Foley face*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
USA also used to be basically a sports/old movie channel. US Open, Westminster Dog Club, tons of golf.

Never forget that during wrestling's peak popularity in the Attitude era they'd still take two weeks off for Tennis and one week off for dogs every year, though in 1999 and maybe 2000 they just ran Raw on at Midnight instead.

One of the few concessions WWE got after limping back home from Spike was that they couldn't be preempted by anything. Which is fine as USA no longer has the US Open and the dog show can be moved around NBC's shittier networks.

miserable

12543085_977974788949616_2071266024_n.jpg

is that Bret's wife?

It's getting clear why WWE is in such shit shape creatively if road agents, guys who have been in this business for decades actually believe this horseshit and aren't just parroting their boss's nonsense. Show me someone who was a legit draw in the business with did it with only winning 50% of their matches, especially as a heel.

Kornflayx

It's getting clear why WWE is in such shit shape creatively if road agents, guys who have been in this business for decades actually believe this horseshit and aren't just parroting their boss's nonsense. Show me someone who was a legit draw in the business with did it with only winning 50% of their matches, especially as a heel.

It's Road Dogg. It makes sense that he thinks that way because no one ever cared if he won or lost. The only thing people wanted from him was his catchphrase.

Well, at least they have tapings done up until Takeover. :/

but god damn it's takeover that we've all been hyped about as well as his inevitable push to the main roster. :( hopefully it's a fairly minor injury. crutches though...that doesn't sound so good. smh what are they doing to these wrestlers? maybe gonna have to consider learning to ease up on their schedules.

USA also used to be basically a sports/old movie channel. US Open, Westminster Dog Club, tons of golf.

Never forget that during wrestling's peak popularity in the Attitude era they'd still take two weeks off for Tennis and one week off for dogs every year, though in 1999 and maybe 2000 they just ran Raw on at Midnight instead.

One of the few concessions WWE got after limping back home from Spike was that they couldn't be preempted by anything. Which is fine as USA no longer has the US Open and the dog show can be moved around NBC's shittier networks.
Don't remind me. That meant that I had to find something else to watch. Or even worse....... wCw. That was the only time we actually watched a full Nitro.
is that Bret's wife?
Yes! Bret finally got his Pepa from Salt n' Pepa

It's Road Dogg. It makes sense that he thinks that way because no one ever cared if he won or lost. The only thing people wanted from him was his catchphrase.
Oh fuck that lol. I'm sure Armstrong is just using corporate answers. Such as that one time about how the booking wasn't as bad.

I haven't seen RR 97 in about a decade, maybe even longer but Austin trolling by eliminating everyone before the refs saw is fucking hilarious!

OMG guys I just watched 2005 RR were the botch the ending then Vince tears his Quad going into the ring. I'm dead...
You know, the best thing about RR 2005 was the commercial promoting it and me going on wwe.com everyday to enter the contest where you had to name everyone in the commercial for a free trip to the event. I wonder if anyone ever won it.

You know, if Vince wasn't so one dimensional he would've said fuck everything and had NoD and Farooq running shit. They were so bad ass and legit; their leader was already a world champion elsewhere and being the world champ here would've been even better.

You're going down
You're going down
You're going down

That was so annoying

Striker

You know, if Vince wasn't so one dimensional he would've said fuck everything and had NoD and Farooq running shit. They were so bad ass and legit; their leader was already a world champion elsewhere and being the world champ here would've been even better.
Vince and the WWF were playing victim to his claims, breh.

Vince and the WWF were playing victim to his claims, breh.
Of course, have NoD be the bad guys lol. Now when you think, you can say that "kayfabe" wise it opened up the door for The Rock, Kama, Mark, D-Lo, and Farooq. They all became champions in the greatest era. There was redemption somewhat. It would've been even better if they all held the titles at the same time.

Nation-of-Domination-wrestlecrap.jpg

shaowebb

And now...great botches in history.
Steiner tries to work with the laziest boot in wrestling
oNCCEed.gif

Mark Henry shows even in two man spots that his role is pointless
pqtZZRx.gif

Super Calo performs an incredible flying absolutely nothing to Konnan
Eq1NWxr.gif

The only time Sheamus looked more talented than someone in the ring
5L51mw0.gif

Homicide hits the telekinetic toe kick on Christopher Daniels
Wrestling%20botch%20-%20Missed%20kick.gif

To be fair to Road Dawg, remember that some of the best heels lost a lot. They're supposed to be like that stereotypical comic villian.

UberTag

Look how Vince split up the prime time players again.

Titus is a fucking fantastic hot tag but he's a tag team wrestler and their shouldn't be anything wrong with that.
Just because it inevitably slipped off everyone's radar due to getting buried on WWE Main Event this week but the Prime Time Players tagged with the Usos against Tyler Breeze, Stardust and The Ascension.

LycanXIII

but god damn it's takeover that we've all been hyped about as well as his inevitable push to the main roster. :( hopefully it's a fairly minor injury. crutches though...that doesn't sound so good. smh what are they doing to these wrestlers? maybe gonna have to consider learning to ease up on their schedules.
Takeover is almost two months away, so hopefully they'll let him heal up. It'll suck for the house shows, however.

Fox318

Just because it inevitably slipped off everyone's radar due to getting buried on WWE Main Event this week but the Prime Time Players tagged with the Usos against Tyler Breeze, Stardust and The Ascension.
Good to hear the PTP are back together.

Zach

Spring Stampede '98 was rarely entertaining. How about that backpack Diamond Cutter on Kidman, eh? That was pretty fun. And then Horace Hogan debuted. -_-

But hey! I look forward to reliving Goldberg crushing Raven and The Flock on the next Nitro. :D

I really really want old Superstars on the network already...
When I started at 93 I said, shit fucking wwe I need superstars so I can see all the cool debuts and canon material. I guess they didn't want to remind us that Superstars was once a shoe worth watching.

Top Bottom