• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was the greatest...moment...of my life.

No seriously, I've never seen anyone convince so many people to actually watch a TNA ppv. It was a magic night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They need to bring back Evolution.

HHH can be Ric Flair.
Miz can be HHH.
Roman Reigns can be Big Dave.
Just need a Randy Orton.

Kaladin

That truly was a glorious swerve spin

NBxNv.gif

To be fair to Road Dawg, remember that some of the best heels lost a lot. They're supposed to be like that stereotypical comic villian.

It depends on the heel, the story/gimmick and position on the card though, you generally shouldn't have a feud where the heel loses half the time in the feud, especially with clean pinfalls, you usually build up to the face overcoming the heel and whatever antics he pulls. You got a heel like the Miz, no he doesn't need a strong string of wins, his mouth and being so irritating is enough to carry him but again, we know he's probably going to lose so there's not much suspense in his matches unless you're the guy he's working with and whether he's going to catch you or not.

Same problem with how title holders lose far too frequently than they should. It's still one of those issues with 50/50 booking and no jobbers for guys to build themselves either up or back up, few really get built up anymore, ideally you'd build up a face and a heel and at some point they clash. Yeah, it's scripted but there's still a need of believably and the only one that really has it anymore is probably Brock.

Aiii

So not worth it
If it took his retirement to get him to groom, I'm not sure I'm disappointed.

Looking forward to seeing him in New Japan and ROH soon.

Yep, PWInsider confirmed

Expecting a retirement with release statement later in the week

Why would they have him do a public retirement speech if they were planning on releasing him to go make money for other wrestling promotions after having headlined a Wrestlemania? The whole thing is odd to me. I somewhow don't buy that the guy is actually going to be on the show.

shanafan

Please be true.

DWN exclusively reported earlier this week that Vince McMahon wanted Daniel Bryan at this week's WWE RAW from Seattle for a possible WrestleMania 32 role. You can read that report at this link.

In an update, Bryan was spotted at an airport today, flying from Phoenix to Seattle. PWInsider says they were told that he is scheduled for RAW. As noted, Bryan trimmed his beard and got a haircut this week.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._Monday_s_WWE_RAW_Photo_from_the_Airport.html

iMax

Why would they have him do a public retirement speech if they were planning on releasing him to go make money for other wrestling promotions after having headlined a Wrestlemania? The whole thing is odd to me. I somewhow don't buy that the guy is actually going to be on the show.

I dunno but regardless, I do wonder if we might get Pipebomb 2.0 tomorrow night as a result of all this shit.

shanafan

Thinking about Daniel Bryan. He is the biggest face in the company. The moment he comes back, he will be at the top - over Roman. Everyone will be focused on DB that no other face will matter. Does WWE want him back RIGHT NOW before Wrestlemania? I would honesty see him coming back the night after Wrestlemania so the storylines will stay intact.

You can joke and say that the storylines don't truly matter right now but DB coming back now will make anything that Roman does pointless. Does Vince really want that?

Big One

Banned
DB isn't retiring guys, though they're going to make it seem like he is to build up viewers, lol.

DB would go wrestle somewhere else before he'd retire from the squared circle.

shanafan

I am going to be at Raw in two weeks in Detroit (right by the ramp) and if DB is going to be there.. I fucking can not wait!!

#DontLetMeDown

kirblar

Thinking about Daniel Bryan. He is the biggest face in the company. The moment he comes back, he will be at the top - over Roman. Everyone will be focused on DB that no other face will matter. Does WWE want him back RIGHT NOW before Wrestlemania? I would honesty see him coming back the night after Wrestlemania so the storylines will stay intact.

You can joke and say that the storylines don't truly matter right now but DB coming back now will make anything that Roman does pointless. Does Vince really want that?
It's another point towards the "Roman actually isn't the guy" theory.

Please be true.

"Possible WM 32 role" = maybe guest refereeing something, at best. The guy is never wrestling for WWE again, unless their lawyers all suddenly became idiots. They took away Seth's perfectly safe finisher, erased it from history even, just to prove that they were "serious about preventing concussions", so why would they let a guy wrestle who has a history of dozens of undiagnosed concussions and who has brazenly defied their wishes for him to wrestle a safer style in the past?

DB isn't retiring guys, though they're going to make it seem like he is to build up viewers, lol.

DB would go wrestle somewhere else before he'd retire from the squared circle.
Bryan is going to give Flair the big knee tomorrow. Thus Hunter gets angry and attacks him. This leads to him dethroning Hunter at WM 32. As for Roman? Who cares.

Anth0ny

Of course. That's the whole reason why Vince keeps telling his carny Doctor not to clear Bryan.

iMax

Everyone makes this point but why wouldn't they capitalise on that? Have they not learnt that Roman isn't working?

If they were smart they'd strap a rocket to him right now. Hell, put him up against a heel Roman.

Nekofrog

Banned
ok, lets say they give Bryan the OK to come back

what are the chances they try to go all out and turn him mega heel to feed to Roman? Make him a corporate HHH guy and do all kinds of messed up stuff in an attempt to get the fans behind Roman?

they cant be dumb enough to think something like that would ever work

"Possible WM 32 role" = maybe guest refereeing something, at best. The guy is never wrestling for WWE again, unless their lawyers all suddenly became idiots. They took away Seth's perfectly safe finisher, erased it from history even, just to prove that they were "serious about preventing concussions", so why would they let a guy wrestle who has a history of dozens of undiagnosed concussions and who has brazenly defied their wishes for him to wrestle a safer style in the past?
Bryan refs ME and raises Roman's hand to end the show? It's almost too plausible sounding.

what are the chances they try to go all out and turn him mega heel to feed to Roman? Make him a corporate HHH guy and do all kinds of messed up stuff in an attempt to get the fans behind Roman?

If they turn him heel in Seattle, just fucking fire him

Everyone makes this point but why wouldn't they capitalise on that? Have they not learnt that Roman isn't working?

If they were smart they'd strap a rocket to him right now. Hell, put him up against a heel Roman.
Because VINCE SIMPLY DOESN'T WANT BRYAN TO BE THAT GUY. Just like Braun, if Vince wants him to be that guy then he will be that guy and you all will like it. Roman is Vince's new eye candy and until he gets injured then he'll be that guy.

MC Safety

Were I Daniel Bryan, I would accept the cushy job and thank the gods I made it out of wrestling relatively unscathed.

He's got a nice life with a nice wife, and he could stand to trade his dream for a lesser dream, longevity, and health.

The fans would destroy Roman even more imo
Bryan refs ME and raises Roman's hand to end the show? It's almost too plausible sounding.
Because the fans love him and won't boo him but they're totally wrong. Roman is a boo magnet, you can put him with Austin, Hogan, The Rock, Bryan, and CM Punk at the end raising all of his hands and he'll still get booed. But the thing is, they'll say Bryan was responsible for him being booed.

iMax

Because VINCE SIMPLY DOESN'T WANT BRYAN TO BE THAT GUY. Just like Braun, if Vince wants him to be that guy then he will be that guy and you all will like it. Roman is Vince's new eye candy and until he gets injured then he'll be that guy.

Can Vince really be that stupid though?

yesitis2.gif

Oh.

McMahon will never let Daniel Bryan wrestle again as long as they are pushing Roman Reigns as their top face. It just won't happen.

iMax

Oh it's true, it's damn true

Such a shame. I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is, it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Yeah, if you're ever asking "is WWE really that stupid", remember the first Rumble in 3 years they didn't manage to get ended with boos because of a fuckup they made

ended with World Champ HHH

I'll never fail to point out how a bunch of you laughed off reports of him winning the Rumble being planned before Seth went down as bullshit months ago. The one thing that should by all rights have obviously been bullshit was planned all along. The Future Ruler Of WWE

Top Bottom