• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Such a shame. I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is, it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
You're right man, you need to email this brilliant idea to them

hehehe

Pikma

Banned
Yeah, if you're ever asking "is WWE really that stupid", remember the first Rumble in 3 years they didn't manage to get ended with boos because of a fuckup they made

ended with World Champ HHH

I'll never fail to point out how a bunch of you laughed off reports of him winning the Rumble being planned before Seth went down as bullshit months ago. The one thing that should by all rights have obviously been bullshit was planned all along. The Future Ruler Of WWE
I'll take HHH over having to keep Vince for the rest of the century. Thank you very much

somedevil

Yeah, if you're ever asking "is WWE really that stupid", remember the first Rumble in 3 years they didn't manage to get ended with boos because of a fuckup they made

ended with World Champ HHH

I'll never fail to point out how a bunch of you laughed off reports of him winning the Rumble being planned before Seth went down as bullshit months ago. The one thing that should by all rights have obviously been bullshit was planned all along. The Future Ruler Of WWE

Can you show me these links of him winning the rumble when Seth was not injured and you pointing that out?

edited: Cause the reports before Rollins injury was him versus Triple H and Reigns winning at survivor series and facing Cena at Wrestlemania.

UberTag

Why would they have him do a public retirement speech if they were planning on releasing him to go make money for other wrestling promotions after having headlined a Wrestlemania? The whole thing is odd to me. I somewhow don't buy that the guy is actually going to be on the show.
D.Brine is appearing to hype up the Charlotte vs. Brie title match at Fastlane.
He's going to be in her corner to counter fellow retiree Ric Flair so there can be no shenanigans.

Should make for a fun segment.

Can you show me these links of him winning the rumble when Seth was not injured and you pointing that out?

edited: Cause the reports before Rollins injury was him versus Triple H and Reigns winning at survivor series and facing Cena at Wrestlemania.

Dave says Mania plans got fucked up. Plans were Brock/Rock, Seth/HHH, Roman/Dean. Face HHH/Seth would have been for the belt

Because I'm in a giddy mood, live reactions:

They are out of their fucking minds

Bullshit to that last one.

This is so dumb I believe it.

The McMahon family won't miss a chance to put themselves over.
Fox <3

So wait. Hhh would have fucking won the rumble?

As a face?

In twenty fucking fifteen

I can't believe what I'm reading about Triple H winning the Royal Rumble as a good guy and then winning the championship at WrestleMania.

I mean, I can believe it. It just seems so short-sighted.

No way, I don't believe that last one. That is too ludicrous.

What in the fuck.

Best part??? He got cheered for eliminating Reigns. So technically the face part still happened too! Love it, maggle #NXTGod #OURSAVIORRRR

Anth0ny

He's going to be in her corner to counter fellow retiree Ric Flair so there can be no shenanigans.

Omg

I can totally see this happening

Fuck

Just fucking fire him, Vince, this is torture

Not like this...
Bryan-Eliminated-630x349.jpg

"You all wanted him back dammit so here he is"

"Happy Valentine's day
Happy Valentine's day
Happy Valentine's day
Happy Valentine's day"

This superbowl was disappointed almost similar to how WM will be because we knew how it would turn out. It was only fitting that Sheamus made an appearance.

Kaladin

With the way the Panthers ran through the whole season, the NFC just got buried in one blow.

It would be hard for even Triple H to top that kind of burial.

Cagey

Banned
If WWE had any confidence that Daniel Bryan could stay healthy for a few years and make good money for them then they'd have him as champion right now.

They don't. Why would they? They gave him the biggest moment at WM30 and he was dead a month later. Fans acted like jackasses when he returned and wasn't automatically given the top spot, they shoehorned him into the first half of their Reigns Rollins Lesnar angle, gave Bryan a big win at WM31, and he's dead a month later. Again.

Too much of this thread getting wrapped up in these bullshit meta-storylines about who the McMahons like and dislike.

jred2k

If WWE had any confidence that Daniel Bryan could stay healthy for a few years and make good money for them then they'd have him as champion right now.

They don't. Why would they? They gave him the biggest moment at WM30 and he was dead a month later. Fans acted like jackasses when he returned and wasn't automatically given the top spot, they shoehorned him into the first half of their Reigns Rollins Lesnar angle, gave Bryan a big win at WM31, and he's dead a month later. Again.

Too much of this thread getting wrapped up in these bullshit meta-storylines about who the McMahons like and dislike.

When the on-screen product isn't engaging we have to turn to the behind-the-scenes storylines for entertainment.

I don't agree. They never wanted Bryan to be a top guy, as evidenced by the fact that they didn't stick by him when those Summerslam 2013 sales (his first headline, after being a midcard guy forever) weren't great, whereas they have stuck by both Rollins and Reigns even as ratings have slipped precipitously. The lawsuit is the reason he's not coming back, but Vince and Haitch's perception of his marketability are the reason he wouldn't be a top guy right now even if he did return and never got injured again. Even Bryan, himself has said, even after WM 30, that they basically don't have any faith in him as a star. I don't cast judgment on that, because I don't have the business metrics in front of me they do, but it should be identified for what it is.

Edit: omg, scabro is back. the king.

Colocho

Banned
What if we're all getting worked and Brock wins at Fastlane, the Wyatts interfere in the main event of Mania instead, and HHH gets to put himself over and keep his fake belt?

UberTag

What if we're all getting worked and Brock wins at Fastlane, the Wyatts interfere in the main event of Mania instead, and HHH gets to put himself over and keep his fake belt?
We're not getting worked. But I'd sort of be for this if it led to a Triple H-Rollins program.

They are totally going to change his name arent they? :/

For NXT, no

But if he comes out the weekend of (ed: goddamn I'm bad at remembering when that NXT show is) Mania to anything but Subconscious, there's like an 80% chance he has a different name on the main roster.

It sucks to think about that, but if they get rid of something as inherent to him/his character/etc as the music when they don't even have to worry about rights with it (he owns the music, he had a friend do it to replace some dumb generic theme New Japan had for him and they liked it enough they let him have it), there's no way his name's safe

Pikma

Banned
I wouldn't care that much about his name as long has they allowed him to have a good run but they won't so fuck them let him keep his name.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I actually dont even know if nakamura is his real name. Or any of the japanese wrestler names really. Is it like in the west, all fake names?

DMczaf

Guys, I'm about to shoot... #shooting

After 2015, Cena can officially be called Big Match John.

I want AJ vs Cena

I want Nakamura vs Cena

Fox318

Nakamura should be coming in right as Cena comes back. Cena needs to overcome those odds against a new foreign heel.
I wonder if Vince writes a pearl harbor storyline.

Maybe they can reanimate gorilla and have him call a low blow a pearl harbor type move.

Fox318

Guys, I'm about to shoot... #shooting

After 2015, Cena can officially be called Big Match John.

I want AJ vs Cena

I want Nakamura vs Cena
Replace Cena with Cesaro.

The king will reclaim his throne.

Right now its being watched by a fill in.

tumblr_nxxw4sN3Pj1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Top Bottom