• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

JavyOO7

He should. He's been cleared by some of the top doctors in the world, but WWE's shitty doctor won't clear him most likely due to a mandate by Vince McMahon to not ruin Reigns's push..

Bryan could be the most over dude in the roster if he were to ever come back and Vince still won't change his path with Reigns. Only way Reigns gets moved over if someone else really captures Vince's imagination... it won't be Bryan though. And that's okay. He captured the audience's imagination for a good while and that is a good way to end his career. No way to know how severe the blows to his brain are until he passes (hopefully he lives a long and fulfilling life), perhaps CTE testing can get more advanced in the future to see if an athlete has it.

I think the best thing for fans of Bryan is to hope other wrestlers capture their hearts like he did. And I think it can still happen, you just need a couple of lucky stars to align for it to happen.

I think the first doctor who cleared Daniel Bryan is someone who works for the Cardinals. I could be wrong on that, but I bring the deadspin link up because they may not neccessairily look at an athletes best interest.

http://deadspin.com/survey-nfl-players-dont-trust-that-team-doctors-have-t-1756243922

Toki767

It's WWE. Even if Bryan comes back. They're either going to try to turn him heel (which I'd be fine with cause he's pretty great as a heel) or they'll just let him face Sheamus.

He looks good, as much as I love long hair his was just starting to look creepy on him.

It was atrocious. Looks like an old man. Some World of Warcraft dwarf NPC.

Dammit, he looks so damn good now. He's such a stud too. Such a ... face for the company. I just love how youthful he looks.

So much excitement for a Brie Bella angle! Total Divas is going to get such a bump from this.

0c0d3cef2c3e7521d5135714298a4875.jpg

daniel-bryan-number-2.jpg

MJCyQEB.gif

Dont.

KingBroly

Banned
Part of me feels that they'll use Wyatt to have Brock get pinned by Reigns at Fastlane, because WWE is that full of themselves.

Also 'wins and losses' don't matter to them, but they matter to the fans, so since they're so out of touch with their fans, they'll continue to fuck up like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive fallen into a Botchamania hole and can't get out.

Send help. Or at least snacks

UberTag

If wins and losses legitimately didn't matter to the WWE, they wouldn't be so preoccupied with ensuring 50/50 booking to ensure that nobody outside of their chosen favorites gets over.

Ive fallen into a Botchamania hole and can't get out.

Send help. Or at least snacks
Would you like some Slim Jims?

Toki767

Wins and losses don't matter if you come out looking great in defeat.

The problem is that the way most matches end, no one ends up looking good.

UberTag

Wins and losses don't matter if you come out looking great in defeat.

The problem is that the way most matches end, no one ends up looking good.
Textbook example of how a wrestler can look great in defeat = Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That Jericho speech he made when he joined the WWF is eerily accurate for 2016 :/

Recall

Was enjoying the lapsed fan up until they started begging for money. Out of all the podcasts I listen to it's only the wrestling ones who openly beg for money or are the control of 25 minute advert breaks.

Carny 'til thy die.

Kornflayx

Was enjoying the lapsed fan up until they started begging for money. Out of all the podcasts I listen to it's only the wrestling ones who openly beg for money or are the control of 25 minute advert breaks.

Carny 'til thy die.

Begging for money, lol. 80% of the podcasts I listen to have Patreon to support them. And why shouldn't they monetize what I believe costs them a lot of time (4 hour podcasts + the amount of time watching the shows every week).

KingBroly

Banned
Textbook example of how a wrestler can look great in defeat = Stone Cold Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13

How often does this happen, though?

That's kind of the problem. They don't do it. They can't do it. It takes a special kind of match to pull that off and it simply requires 2 wrestlers who know how to do it. Not many guys in WWE know how to do it, because their psychology is terrible.

Dolph

Recall

Begging for money, lol. 80% of the podcasts I listen to have Patreon to support them. And why shouldn't they monetize what I believe costs them a lot of time (4 hour podcasts + the amount of time watching the shows every week).

Steve Austin has 20 minutes of sucking the advert cock. Same with JR and everyone else.

Have tact, have a plan, be fucking organised and don't beg. Wanting money for your time is fine, but begging for 15-20 minutes is awful.

The lapsed fan went from give us money and we will review a show of your choice to give us money and we will put your name in a lottery and you have a small chance of being asked. They lower the incentive that clearly wasn't working before rather than generating an inticing method.

Also if you believe the line that "these sponsors keep the podcast free" then you are an idiot and are clearly very easily conned.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How often does this happen, though?

That's kind of the problem. They don't do it. They can't do it. It takes a special kind of match to pull that off and it simply requires 2 wrestlers who know how to do it. Not many guys in WWE know how to do it, because their psychology is terrible.

Dolph
Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch at Takeover Unstoppable.

Menome

Friends, I don't get the buzz for Firewatch. I look at the trailers, I look at the screenshots and I muster up the same level of enthusiasm as I do for a fourth-week-running Big Show vs Ryback match. People make Twin Peaks comparisons and I'm not seeing it apart from there being a lot of similar-looking trees.

I normally love these first-person adventure games, but ironically, Firewatch is leaving me cold.

EDIT: IT'S A NEW PAGE, YES IT IS

nFntloD.gif

Mengetsu

He should. He's been cleared by some of the top doctors in the world, but WWE's shitty doctor won't clear him most likely due to a mandate by Vince McMahon to not ruin Reigns's push..
Honestly this is how I feel. Between the injuries and Bryan having multiple concussions people are scared for him. In all reality people have come back from worse and when all the evidence is right in front of of us I feel sorry for the guy. He loves wrestling and I can respect that WWE might not want him hurting himself but also using it as a crutch to make sure he doesn't come back because he's so over.

They saw what happed with having to put him in the main event of WM30 because of fan dictation and they don't want a repeat for Romans sake. They know who they want over and no one is gonna stop them not the fans not Bryan. If denying him his leave from WWE is true thats petty and a shame. You don't stop someone from their lively hood if it has nothing to do with your product.

Kornflayx

Steve Austin has 20 minutes of sucking the advert cock. Same with JR and everyone else.

Have tact, have a plan, be fucking organised and don't beg. Wanting money for your time is fine, but begging for 15-20 minutes is awful.

The lapsed fan went from give us money and we will review a show of your choice to give us money and we will put your name in a lottery and you have a small chance of being asked. They lower the incentive that clearly wasn't working before rather than generating an inticing method.

Also if you believe the line that "these sponsors keep the podcast free" then you are an idiot and are clearly very easily conned.

Why is anyone surprised about former carnies doing a podcast so they can make more money? I just listen to the Lapsed Fan (and I'm not up to date, but they just talked about Patreon for like a minute). But anyone who gives money to any podcast is a fucking idiot

the twin peaks comparisons with firewatch are just a joke i think. just because it's set in the woods.

it looks like an engaging narrative experience. i honestly wouldn't really mind if it's just a dude doing park ranger shit for 6 hours. it's looking like that might be the case. or it's a romcom and he falls in love with the radio lol

Menome

the twin peaks comparisons with firewatch are just a joke i think. just because it's set in the woods.

it looks like an engaging narrative experience. i honestly wouldn't really mind if it's just a dude doing park ranger shit for 6 hours. it's looking like that might be the case. or it's a romcom and he falls in love with the radio lol

Falls in love with the voice on the radio.

Goes to meet her in a romantic cabin setting.

She's a bear.

FIREWATCH.

klonere

Banned

There's a fast forward button.

Top Bottom