• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Zach

I agree that Daniel Bryan looks better with short hair and a trimmed beard, but as a dude with long hair I find the rampant hairism in this thread disheartening.

>_>

I agree that Daniel Bryan looks better with short hair and a trimmed beard, but as a dude with long hair I find the rampant hairism in this thread disheartening.

>_>

"hairism"

WWE-WWF-the-rock-rolling-eyes-reaction-1394701851l.gif

kiguel182

Bryan trimming his hair and beard is great news. Not that he looked bad before but a change of look is always great for when he returns. Hopefully he will change his character a bit too, no more "Yes promos" please.

Friends, I don't get the buzz for Firewatch. I look at the trailers, I look at the screenshots and I muster up the same level of enthusiasm as I do for a fourth-week-running Big Show vs Ryback match. People make Twin Peaks comparisons and I'm not seeing it apart from there being a lot of similar-looking trees.

I normally love these first-person adventure games, but ironically, Firewatch is leaving me cold.

EDIT: IT'S A NEW PAGE, YES IT IS

nFntloD.gif

I miss Summer Rae.

Aiii

So not worth it

>_>

As a bald guy your long hair offends me, shave it off.

Recall

What's considered to be the worst Wrestlemania? I remember IX being bad. Anything worse than that?

XI and IX are considered very weak. WM IV is pretty bad too, that tournament is hard to sit though with the terrible crowd.

Edit- everyone will just list modern stuff simply because.

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck I really need to stop listening to Lapsed Fan in bed. Hit a point in the podcast and I had to pretend I was coughing because I could not control the laughter. I feel bad about waking up my girlfriend constantly.

Abdullah the Butcher stealing Tony Shiavone's pencil at Starrcade so that he can write into the Wrestling Observer. Then with his Fat Albert voice, Abdullah the Butcher plans to get up early to get back to the Golden Corral, "I'm gonna fuck that place up".

Had to just straight up just change to a different podcast.

Fox318

Lets go down the checklist

Shitty attitude era matches CHECK
HHH going over CHECK
Heel going over in Wrestlemania that wasn't because of fan rejection CHECK
Big fat Show taking a hot Y2J's place in the main event CHECK
Al Snow was on the card CHECK
Brian Christopher on the card CHECK

This mania showed us where the future of wrestling would look like. The boss's daughter's squeeze going over despite not being good for business or anyone else wanting it.

You could just tell HHH argued that Rock was already over and Mic was 1 foot out the door so he had to go over.

Fox318

Only good thing about mania 2000 the Radicals, Y2J, prime Rock, and Kurt Angle.

HHH winning at mania is never good entertainment nor a good draw.

Who the fuck thought Kane and Rikishi vs X-Shit and Road "Where is the concession stand?" Dogg was good idea?

Aiii

So not worth it
If they add Brock and Ambrose both to the main event of Reigns vs. Hunter, they can have Bryan, Nikki, Brie and Cena and do a Bella In Ever Corner stipulation. It will be amazing!

Fox318

Honestly if Bryan can work he should work Taker.

Plus I was thinking the morning that if the Benoit thing didn't happen we could have had a Benoit vs Taker match at Wrestlemania.

Mahonay

Banned
One Mania that I can truly say, I love not re watching it. Horrible all the way around.
Mania 2000 was one of the first WWE PPVs I went back and rewatched after I got back into wrestling a few years ago. I was caught off guard with just how fucking shitty it was, especially with it being in the middle of their hottest period.

Raw64life

I'm probably biased because I attended it but WrestleMania 29 was the biggest piece of shit I ever had the displeasure of seeing in person.

At least 2000 had TLC and Angle/Benoit/Jericho. Both those matches were better than anything on 29.

Only good thing about mania 2000 the Radicals, Y2J, prime Rock, and Kurt Angle.

HHH winning at mania is never good entertainment nor a good draw.

Who the fuck thought Kane and Rikishi vs X-Shit and Road "Where is the concession stand?" Dogg was good idea?
More like who thought a fucking WM without any single matches was a good idea. If anything it was a glorified lite survivor series. No one gives a fucking about that divas match so fuck that.

Fox318

More like who thought a fucking WM without any single matches was a good idea. If anything is was a glorified lite survivor series. No one gives a fucking about that divas match so fuck that.

They probably did it to get as many guys on the card and show WCW guys that they would get featured if they came over.

Plus first mania after Russo they probably just started doing stupid shit thinking its something he would want.

Mania 2000 was one of the first WWE PPVs I went back and rewatched after I got back into wrestling a few years ago. I was caught off guard with just how fucking shitty it was, especially with it being in the middle of their hottest period.
Poor you. I even remember that event being a bummer from when I was a lad
Everyone knows backlash 2000 was the real wrestlemania for that year.
Which is sorta why I can say I'm glad the rock won at that event. To be able to say you won at that atrocious event is a career downer.
They probably did it to get as many guys on the card and show WCW guys that they would get featured if they came over.

Plus first mania after Russo they probably just started doing stupid shit thinking its something he would want.
They could've easily just done a battle royal for those guy, at least they could've collected a paycheck.

Fox318

Poor you. I even remember that event being a bummer from when I was a lad

Which is sorta why I can say I'm glad the rock won at that event. To be able to say you won at that atrocious event is a career downer.

They could've easily just done a battle royal for those guy, at least they could've collected a paycheck.

They did. They had the hardcore battle royal.

Luschient

I don't know, IX sort holds a fascinating spot for me. Things that still stand out to me:

• Heenan riding in backwards on an elephant for his entrance
  • Giant Gonzales' ridiculous muscle suit
  • An extremely small crowd for WM standards
  • Bret getting attacked by Luger prior to his match w/ Yoko....which would have made sense if Bret won his match since they then could have just gone into the feud with Luger for the title, but he didn't, so...

Put your mask on the line, brother, and we'll do this thang.

Anth0ny told me this event is the pinnacle of wrassle.

But according to my grades, I liked WrestleManias VII and XI the least. I better go check out their cards...
XI, the only thing you would watch is HBK v Diesel.

Top Bottom